10.2 Out 2/17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KyleStilkey, Feb 17, 2010.

1. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    I say by this afternoon they will be released if they are out today. I could see them holding off till Friday since AVP isn't out in the UK till then.

2. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125

well the latest nvidia drivers are the result of 3 years work, just wait until fermi is out and nvidia has to write drivers for a new chip, ati has had to start all over twice since nvidias last die shrink, so when you say ATI drivers suck, what exactly are you comparing them to?

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    With my countless trouble free nVidia beta/WHQL drivers tried during those 10 years starting with GeForce2 MX-400 and ending with GTX260. :)
    I'm noob when it comes to programming but when Unwinder (RivaTuner developer) and unclewebb (RealTemp developer) said something like Always Trouble Inside I tend to believe them. :nerd:

Anyway like I said now with latest beta I'm a happy ATI camper.

4. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    yeah the betas are sweet, you know whats funny Ive only owned 1 nvidia card and never could get AA to work on it (I tried countless betas nothing worked)....it was an 8800gts g92 I bought it when it first came out, and sold it and bought a 4870 when they first came out, Ive had AA ever since lol.

5. Dubbs

Dubbs Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5750 1gb
    i used to use nvidia and moved to ati with my 4670, i have not had ONE problem with ANY driver and ived used every version / hotfix / update.

not that nvidia was bad, did have a few issues but was fixed in updates.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I have had trouble with both brands, but since I have been buying PC parts since 97 it is almost impossible to get away without any problems.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    +100

8. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I notice you are running DDR3 1600 ram..... You did go into bios and manually set the correct voltage for your sticks didn't you? Mine needs 1.65v if I don't manually set that my PC will randomly BSOD and lock up.

The first thing to trip over with bad ram configuration will be the display driver.

BSOD is different to GSOD. BSOD indicates an issue not created by your video card as in most cases Windows 7 can restart the driver without the OS falling over. BSOD is usually caused by your CPU or RAM causing errors outside of the OS's control.

GSOD can manifest itself if your PC overclock is unstable as WELL as the issue ATI has now solved at their end. If you are still getting both BSOD and GSOD with the new drivers then you need to look elsewhere.

9. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010

11. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
  12. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
  13. DrLightman

DrLightman Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 XT
    With BSOD I mean Black screen, not Blue, sorry. Maybe it's a very dark gray vertical striped screen. It looks black by the way. I noticed the shades of gray vary among the hacks I did to try to fix it (with gpu clock, memory clock, etc). At stock it's gray.

My RAM is G.Skill ECO 1.35V, my mobo let me set to 1.3V or 1.4V, I keep at 1.4V, 1333. About the timings, it's certified CL7, I've tried both 787-24 or 999-24 but it wasn't influent with the GSODs.

I'm not doing overclocking yet, I bought this PC a couple of weeks ago and I'm quite satisfied regarding the speed, when it doesn't GSODes.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  14. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i just got my card today and.. 10.1 ****ing blows