AMD/ATI Radeon HD6800 XT (Northern Islands Next Generation ATIs GPUs) Rumour...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    Crysis 2 is being developed PC first, then dumbscaled down to consoles, during which it will look something like Medium from the first game. High/Very-high's going drive existing systems to their knees once again.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    That statement is a pretty big contradiction.

DX10.1 wasn't much over 10.
    DX11.1 won't be much over 11
    I'm gonna continue to use DX9C

Why not b, or a? Because C is a better revision.

Further. 10.1 WAS a big improvement over 10. Have you seen the HAWX figures on the guru3d reviews? ATI's cards crush Nvidia ones because of the 10.1 support. How about the fact that Nvidia made Ubisoft rip 10.1 out of Assassin's creed because ATI's performance in the game was embarassing them in their NTWIMTBP title.

I'll submit to you that the reasons DX10 and 10.1 didn't take off was not because it "meant squat" but rather than Vista was so unpopular with people before SP1 and that Nvidia didn't embrace 10.1 like ATI did. If Nvidia had embraced 10.1 early on I can guarantee you that every single DX10 title released would've been a DX10.1 title and there would have been performance AND image quality improvements over the DX9 versions.

What benefit is there for a developer to use DX10.1 if the market share leader isn't supporting it at all?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Wowowow wait a minute, I agree with you on everything except the AC thing. I was an early adopter of DX10.1 with a 3870 and I also bought AC the day it launched. AC in DX10.1 was a disaster for me. I ran into tons of issues with screen tearing, graphics corruption and other weird anomalies. I wasn't the only one either, I remember a ton of threads over on the AC forums with people with similar issues and Ubisoft responding saying they'd fix it. They eventually removed 10.1 from the game stating that the AA buffer they used is what caused the issues and that the fix would require them to remove 10.1 temporarily. I don't know whether they eventually brought it back or not and I guess it is possible that Nvidia prevented them from doing it (although I doubt it) but at launch there was definitely some real issues with AC and 10.1.

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Well, DX9.0c did bring forth Pixel Shader 3.0 which was pretty significant as we still use it today.

deltatux

5. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    I think, I'm sick of updating so regularly. May my GTX295 live forever =[

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea and wait it gets better; dx12 ftw:D

http://www.itembargain.com/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

imo this is good the sooner the better with cinematic graphics, like those in debut trailers.

anyway can't wait for some numbers im still waiting for next-gen gpu either this or fermi. :nerd:

7. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Nice nice.. about time to see some rumors.

Thanks!

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    There are videos which show the exact same content for PC, PS3 and 360.
    I doubt they'll make them much different from each other.

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    The CryEngine 3 won't downscale or "dumbscale" the game for consoles. Based on what I've seen the engine is flexible enough that you write the game once and hit compile and it'll compile for all the platforms you want and tweak for it that you don't need to downscale anything.

deltatux

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is gonna be awsome :D

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i feel sorry, oh so very sorry for you

12. Xelios029

Xelios029 New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 5770
    Aw man, I just bought a 5770 in November, hoping not to upgrade or miss a DX release for a while. Guess this could be my first foray into Crossfire though...

13. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    I just got this 5850. I've been out of the Ati loop since the 7900 nvidia came out and Ati's drivers have gone in the ****ter. they really need to work on that aspect.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    :) oh go on
    you guys are right i'm not buying nothing till dx12.1 and the new consoles come out.
    i wonder if this talked about card will go 115k in 3d03 on air?

15. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    All because its moving fast, doesn't mean you have to follow. Next 2 cards i am buying is a GT240 for XP on my new soon dual core e5300 and then i am going to buy my main gaming rig with a 5670 and a Quad core by gateway. Also still using CRTs.

I admit, all this is moving too fast, just like game consoles. They need to stick with something and focus on it for years. Just like windows 7, sh** just came out, now MS is talking about win 8 lol

16. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    damn .. it's about time to drop the prices of 5870 as low as <200€ to buy a second one:3eyes:. But I have a doubt that when the 6870xxx will hit the market they will not gonna drop the prices for 5870, will just dissapear from the market:biggun:.

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    They have been planning and makin Win8 before Win7 was even out. Making new software takes time.

Same goes to hardware, they have plans for new one before older one is even out.

Because of this next gen Fermi cards are going to be released closer to first gen ones (because of delays for first gen).

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl, and we should be stuck before the wheel was invented aswell, right?

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm sounds good,still , hopefully soon games will give me 40fps most of the time, or i wont have a reason to upgrade :bang:

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    New cards support 3 monitors. Buy 2 more monitors and you have reason to upgrade. :D

Or with Nvidia you need 2cards to run 3 monitors.