Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stukov, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I did as well (full paragon about 60% renegade) and saved the base for Cerebus...to me it seemed to valuable to let go. While I agree with what Legion said if humanity destroys it...it will be free to forge their own destiny/technology. However, I eventually believed Grunt was right...sometimes in war you gain something from the enemy that is suicide not to try to capitalize on. While humanity could get "cursed" by inheriting the Reapers technology...I personally think what could be understand Reaper tech thus neutralize its advantage...not base all of our future tech on old Reaper technology.

If ME2's ending choice (saving the ship or not) has the same effect (no pun) that ME1's ending choice (saving the council or not) had on ME2 (which was like none) then it won't really matter.

I really wanted to blow that thing up to be honest with you. Like the thing with the 2nd genophage...ME2 did a great job (with characters and diaglog) of actually persuading me to change my mind....and I'm open minded...but like I very stick to my principles.

2. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    I blew the base up because I didn't won't Cerberus to have this technology. They are basically a racist organization and would use this tech to dominate the other species. As for the Reaper threat... we will just shot them a few more times in ME3:)

I'm really interested to see how much this counts in ME3. You could have two very different story lines but I doubt it.

3. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Same here.. I don't trust the illusive man enough to hand him such technology over.. But to be sure.. I've made two different save games, one with radiation blast, and one with explosion of the base just in case the makers of ME3 will come up with a 2-way story :p

4. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    Wow, I can't imagine finishing the whole thing in 30 hours yet being able to see everything. I just finished playing and my saved game says I've put 28 hours into it. I have all my party except 1 person. But I've only done, I think, 4 loyalty missions. I've not even been to the Citadel yet. Haven't even gotten in bed with anybody yet (but very close with two people.)

5. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    im gonna start a 2nd replay to see if I missed anything!

I managed to get Tali into bed :D gonna try kelly this time. I also blew up the base because I don't like the illusive man.

6. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  8. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Anyone care to explain what the ship upgrades are for?? more so the armour upgrades and that, im guessign theres a mission near the end where you use the ship, as im not far from the end but havent done anything yet.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Spoiler.
    The "Normandy" will take more damage without some of these installed in the start of the end-game sequence, if this happen certain team members might get killed before the "suicide mission" actually begins.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    My theory is:

as it happens in some games, game engine loads OBJECTS in the same MAP let say..ii remember from HL 1 series, another room, another place, a teleporting place, is also draw into same map but next to current map that player plays on..but then the other scene loads..just the camera goes to that place..no need to LOAD it again and make a LOADING TIME or what ever..this reminds me that. damn my english coudlnt express good but i hope u got my point. my theory is game engine loads it already into same MAP but that player cant see..so when u enter a cut scene like it happens in the end of that map, u directly see him into his room..so his room drawed into same LOADED MAP...and with a glitch u see him there ?

ofcourse not sure.

PS: the thing iam talking about HL series was possible with the cheat or command what ever: NOCLIP , u know..u were able to fly around the map..

edit: let me try to explain with HL2 episode 2 map

Lets say that red circle is the illusive man's ROOM area...as u see its already loaded into same MAP..but player cant access it...

[​IMG]

so basically u wont see another loading time but game engine finishes the loading ONCE for all and when the scene changes just camera moves there..and imo, this is what happens in ME2. a glitch and we see him..

12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Probably just a glitch. I'm more interested in why his eyes are weird.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i wonder that too..biotics?

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just cybernetic implants. Don't ask me why he replaced his eyes. Maybe something happened to his face...

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    another question comes to mind: UPGRADE or FIX?

16. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    You guys seems to scared to say it

HE'S A GETH

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm.. i thought that i swear but another question punches me from my back:

HOW???

18. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    guess we'll find out later on in the series :p

I do want to kill him though... annoying man.

19. mcharj112

mcharj112 Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD5870
    My theory was that his eyes and the symbol on his jacket represent Cerberus, Cerberus in Greek mythos was a 3 headed dog that guarded the way into Hades. The symbols on TIM's jacket and eyes are triangles with a ball or circle at each tip like the dogs 3 heads.

Like you say though he has had cybernetic implants, i believe it is said in the book Ascension.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    True. There are many possibilities.
    About Illusive Man... He's kinda creepy guy, it's hard to tell what he's really up to. I destroyed the base for that very reason. I have no doubt that he would misuse that technology and in the end use it against other races. Maybe he even has connections to the Reapers.