AVP 2010(AVP3) One of the finest games in years(based on demo impressions)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Can Someone please clarify something for me? I know the games used dx 9 and 11 but what about dx10? will those of us with dx10 compatible hardware get any extra eyecandy?

Sorry I thought rehitting the submit button with a new message would act as edit:p

2. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    frankly I loved avp 1 and 2, but after playing this overly buggy and very functionaly lacking demo I am not getting this game until its in the budget bin.
    Also, I put my trust in giantbomb. If they didnt like it, they I wouldnt either.
    So far they have my taste down 100%.

Which reminds me. Dont put your trust in a variety of sites. Go to sites and visit their reviews for your all time favorites. Found a site with simliar taste? Trust it.
    I go with eurogamer and giantbomb usually.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    'Want some eye candy?'

4. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    thanks for that useless reply

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
  6. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    'And what is this ****ing tie business?'

Chill Tim.

I'm sure DX10 will be fully catered for also!

8. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Is Dat You Dylan

9. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    For my birthday, my buddy got me an original print of Arnold on the set of Predator... with a giant cigar in his mouth... it's freakin' awesome. If it was signed by him that would be even more awesome. He's my hero /swoon :p

In any case, I'm sure DX10 will have more features than DX9 but less than DX11 (gasp!). I don't know for sure. And there's no need to get your panties in a knot... there's more than one person on this forum, Tim. Whats the matter? CIA got you pushing too many pencils? ;)

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    mixed reviews..i need an answer..game worths 49.99 or not...

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Not really mixed reviews overall though is it, more positive than negative. But yeah I hope my £35 survival edition doesn't suck.

12. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
  13. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I've personally decided not to get it until more people (on G3D and/or my friends IRL) tell me if it's worth getting and why. I might d/l it to see the final product (since apparently the demo was a year old or something) and purchase it if it's worth it. I mean if I wasn't going to buy it in the first place then there's no harm done. Plus this game is supposed to be geared for multiplayer anyways and I'd need a legit copy for that. Note: I don't want to start a debate about piracy because of this comment, it's not worth it to ruin this thread so please don't start.

I mean do you REALLY need those few extra skins the preorder comes with or can you wait a day or so to hear the results of other people? I vote wait! Save your money! :D

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Scene from Predator 2. Little boy asks the Predator if it wants some candy. As a result, the Predator chooses not to blow the kid's head off.

That made me lol so much.

15. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Looooooooooool!

17. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
  18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Taken from the PC ZONE review:

CVG sister mag PC Zone has reviewed Aliens Vs Predator in its new issue - awarding the title 82 per cent.

The mag calls the title "deliciously gory, unwaveringly confident and spectacular fun" - adding that it's a "brilliantly authentic and cinematic experience".

The multiplayer modes come in for special praise. Zone says: 'Survival is the co-op mode you dreamt of after watching Aliens.'

Despite slight criticism for a too-short single-player mode, the overall tone of the review is very positive - concluding that it 'tears the throat out of the previous two AVP games and dances on their acid-speckled, increasingly decrepit corpses'.

I also hear that the OPS mag awarded the game 9/10.

19. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    Someone already finished the game and the walkthrough videos are already posted on youtube. From what I've seen there, the game is very good. The marine campaign is very scary and worth playing it.
    I can't believe some reviewers gave it less than 7. It's obvious better than the last 2 AVP games.
    I will trust anytime IGN's review over Gamespot review.
    Gamespot AVP 2010 review could be their worst and most controversial review since Kane&Lynch. I wonder if the guy who did it will be fired soon.

20. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    If the same people who said K&L was a good game are rating this as good then I won't be playing this. K&L was one of the worst obvious ports I've ever played and I couldn't stomach it for longer than 15 minutes. Now I'm really apprehensive at trying this game out, in case it turns out to be the same rubbish that K&L was.