Battlefield Bad Company 2 - flickering! ATi screws it up again...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tronicson, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    well you cant blame anyone that has a 5 series card to think so :3eyes:

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    +1+5*10

i never put brackets so the sum is debatable!!!

but agreed, its a beta, and i think there is so much feedback going to EA etc, it`ll all be sorted!, MW2 is the most recent popular war fps game......... this is gonna blow it out of the water:banana:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  3. kow_ciller

kow_ciller Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Rage Pro 128
    Actually, if you look on xfire you'd see that COD4 is still more popular in terms of hours played than mw2.

Anyways, are you guys talking about the flickering on the water? Because I've been getting that alot and its been pissing me off.

4. JumperR

JumperR Master Guru

GPU:
    GtX 570 @ 900/1950
    Unfortunately, I had to disable CF. Now it works wonder. I had to lower my setting to "LOWEST" because one card does not do a good job on highest. :(

5. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    This has already been addressed by EA as an actual problem with the game's graphic engine, and is listed as fixed in the retail version in the FAQ. Changing driver versions isn't going to help because it's not a driver issue. Just play the game in windowed mode since that takes care of the flickering.

6. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    Yup ..it's fixed in the final release. There is supposed to be one last update of the beta later this week to test the finalized build before it goes gold.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Pet peeve, EA is publisher. ;)

Windowed mode works as it just disables Crossfire/AI when you play in window mode. So to play full screen you can just disable AI. I rather put up with the flickering than lower FPS pesonally.

8. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Err, DICE...you know what I mean =P

Crossfire doesn't disable for me in Windowed mode. The second GPU of the 5970 shows as active in CCC and I still get around the same performance as I do in full screen.

9. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

WoW!!! I'm running everything on MAX --> 4xAA, 4xAF, HBAO, everything @ 1920x1080 w/VSYNC with only one 5870 @ 950/1250 on the latest 8.703 drivers along with ATT set on MAX too.

Something is not right with your card and/or computer. :bang:

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    That is weird, my FPS nearly halves in window mode. Did some tests few days ago window mode was 50 fps avg 30 min and fullscreen 86 fps avg 60 min.

11. tronicson

tronicson Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper
    the gameupdate that was installed these days (when starting the beta - it checks for updates) does already solve the problem completely!

sorry for blaming ATi - it's not their fault

12. tronicson

tronicson Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper
    thread should be closed + removed

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  13. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    just goes to show how hard the companies get it off pc owners not suprised they consider ditching the pc scene when people rant and rave :)

14. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    This problem is fixed now. Just install the 10.3 Catalyst and the last update for the beta and it's ok here.

15. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    The update nor the new drivers fixed the flickering on one of my other rigs...but I'm not worried. Ati has already stated that it is in the game code and the problem isn't on their end.

16. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    You mean the 10.2's ?? 10.3 ISN'T supposed to come out until March. :nerd:

17. tronicson

tronicson Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 HydroCopper
    i still run with 9.12 (the only one i have no pc-freezes when running everest 2018 beta -> showing me detailed info about the GPU for the G19 display) - the issue is solved by the game update itself (reproducable)

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I think he means the leaked 8.71.3 driver that rflair put up a few days ago.

These coupled with the latest game update for the beta have completely overhauled the game for me. Making it a joy to play. 1680x1050, 4xaa, 16xaf, max details HBAO off (as it does nothing that I can see for IQ but drops fps by around 10) and I am getting 60fps locked with D3DOverrider only dipping to 50fps when in heavy battles with full 32 player servers.

19. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    Ahh yea , I found the leaked 10.3's..They seem to help me in scaling ...giving me a nice performace boost in newer game titles. The new update in Bfbc2 ...COMPLETELY stopped the flickering for me. :banana:
    BTW-
    Nice to see another 4870x2 user putting out kick a$$ framerates !

20. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Would you mind sharing this leak you refer to, I'm still having the flickering.

Sure it doesnt stop me from headshotting 3 medics in a row but still annoying ! XD