Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Honestly this game is amazing.
    The things that bother me are:

1. I can't see my HP on screen? It would be nice to know if you would need a medkit.

2. It's hard to see where a specific player is after he gets shot. This makes reviving squad members harder if they're not really close by.

3. I can't see my kills and deaths in the scoreboard. Kind of annoying if you can only see how you're doing based on points. Getting points by reviving, giving ammo, arming and defusing. But I hate that I can't see if I need to focus more on my fragging.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Scandlous, it's don't so that you don't focus on fragging, but trying to help your Team. :p

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The beta is great, but I've had enough of the 1 map so think I will just wait out now. I hope they adjust the fov or let us change it in the final (hope twitter is right or have to stick to force 16:9 to make it bareable.)

They need to show us pings in the scoreboard, improve the server browser which is slow and clunky, and optimize the game a touch and sort out weapons ballance. Mild strafing would be nice but I can live without prone.

Hope they do come out with mod tools, to be honest this looks like the best new MP PC FPS game in a looong time. Which shows what a sad state the PC fps market has become thanks to the gaybawkz.

As far as ports go this one is coming up very nice, I hope they stick to the promises about fov and browser improvements and it may be a showcase of how a good port is done. Even though it misses out on that prone... now lets hope we get a very good BF3 with the PC as platform lead.

4. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    1. This is confusing me too. At first I thought that the health just heals back fully, but then when playing medic I noticed health bars on top of players. Can't figure out why this isn't included.

2. I dunno. It shows you them on the mini-map. The rest is up to you.

3. I agree, but it's not so bad cause now just getting the most kills doesn't automatically make you the best player. You need to play tactically too, and by not showing the other player's number of kills you cannot judge them on their kill count anymore (which is good).
    However, if you have a Logitech G15 keyboard (which I do) it shows no. of kills/deaths and the ratio and other stats on the lcd screen

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    1. You are either alive, almost dead or dead. Simple as that. And who needs a health meter anyway?

2. Too bad, games aren't always made to be easy

3. The game is about completing/capturing objectives, not about killing. You won't win if you kill 1000 people (unless as a defender, duh), so it doesn't matter. Play another more competitive game, like Unreal Tournament which is all about fragging.

6. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    The guy said the game is amazing. He only made a few points and a few valid ones but your telling him to go and play another game because you disagree??

I agree there should be some sort of health meter , its a game after all. Im loving the game, i had a e6600/4870 and while it was ok to play , i noticed a huge boost with a i5 750/ 5870. Cant wait for the full game!!!

7. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    uhm you do see a little red spots overlay in the corners of the screen if your health is below 50%, and you see all kinda bloody veins and fractures if you're below say 25%... in any event it gives an indication of how "alive" you are...

8. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    yes i know this matey , but im just saying a health meter works well too. maybe im just used to it in other games but its not a game breaker for me in any way.... just have to get used to it eh

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

ahaha tons of award score!

[​IMG]

I also have a **** load of dog tags because I use my knife a lot lol.. I only play recon

10. azri

azri Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX260 SP-216 OC
    AA with this game really makes my fps drop to 25. I see no difference with AA on or off. Maybe because they use different engine with this game

11. DeadlyDevil666

DeadlyDevil666 Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX / Palit / 512mb
    Does anyone know if beta stats will carry over into the full game?

12. vebero

vebero Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD 5750 850/1075MHz
    Stats will reset, but your registered account will stay.

13. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Another small thing I dislike are those idiotic stupid red dots that appear above your head. When that thing appears, tanks can see you when they can't see you and start spamming walls like there's no tomorrow. Really makes defending near impossible.

I hope they remove that and go back to the old classic radar.

14. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hey i cannot get a key.

SOmehow all the keys are all used up.

Wtf is this?

15. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    HD 5770 1gb, Phenom II X4 955 and 4gb ddr3 1333

can i play on max settings at 1080p?

16. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    no sir

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Without AA, sure. With AA, no.

18. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    no not ever without aa

19. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    so what is the problem? 5770?

20. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Game seems to run fairly well on my computer, haven't measured the FPS, but the game seems to run pretty smooth.

I've turned everything to max, DX11, AF@16 and AA@4, resolution 1920x1200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.