Auzentech X fi Prelude

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by macdaddy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    i can't seem to get x fi CMSS 3D to work on windows 7 x64. I running the daniel k 2.0 pack. Does anyone know a fix or way around it. Also i can't believe that Auzentech has stopped supporting this card or what ..... still beta drivers for windows 7 and its like a year old ..... very disappointed.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    did you try Auzen XFI UAA 1.0 pack?
    I didnt like DK2.0 so much because it had some kind of leaks when using CMSS3d with 2.1 speakers in gta4 (it made the game stutter allot more, compared with off).

It has a small flaw though, the main bass doesnt stick if you restart (doesnt matter though i leave it @ 50%) and when you use headphones in gamemode and try to switch to entertainment it still uses the volume of headphones, so to get over this you need to, before you switch to entertainment switch back to speaker setup (in game mode) instead of headphones and its all good.

Other that these 2 issues they rock in win7.

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Tried to install it but its not compatible with my card. Any ideas ?

4. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    Supposedly there's a guy on the Auzentech forums that says his driver remix works In win 7. I wont post a link because he relies on seeders Instead of using a file service, so i don't have any Idea If any of those links work.

Still waiting for some NON BETA drivers from Mr. Bae and company. Do you here that Auzentech!

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    That guy is Squall Lionheart. He was banned from these forums for some reason.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Unless he used some other name he is not banned from here.

7. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It says 'BANNED' under his name when you look at his posts. It had to do with the nvidia section, not here.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    yea his arrogance was way over the top :rolleyes:..

anyway this is to much off topic imo :D

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Using that name? I looked in the list to see if he was there.
    I will take your word for it though.

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yea Hilbert banned him, because he was here just to piss everybody off.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well he must have had a good reason. I find that Guru3D is a fairly laidback place and people tend to get alot of chances and warning to straighten out, but if your just here to be a negative influence on a otherwise positive place then you need to go somewhere else.

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I never knew this. I'm shocked and it's not as if it was a cheap card. So whatever was released last July, thats it?

Doesn't look good from what I've read on their forums. Just ignoring people. :/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Why do you think they stopped supporting this card? I find that hard to believe seeing how they are still supporting the X-Meridian 7.1.

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Those drivers are dated about the same time as the Prelude...

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What?
    Considering the actual public release date of Win7 the fact any drivers are till labled beta is a moot point at best. This is the reason the guy is suggesting they are dropping support for one of their flagship cards?

16. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I don't know whats going on with Auzentech, But the one thing i know is that X fi CMSS is not working on windows 7. This is a known issue. I just want a fix so i can get virtual surround sound.

17. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    I know work around get cmss 3d work with prelude I try it next driver release :).

18. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Don't quiet understand but if you know of a workaround or fix please let me know. Thats the purpose of this post and who knows when official drivers will be ready for prelude on win 7 ???

19. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    He makes 'tweaked' driver releases that apparently fix....stuff. No one knows when the next release will come, if at all.

From what I have seen in their forums, Auzentech maintains that they are held up by Creative. It's a card based on their chip and Creative are not exactly renowned for fantastical customer service.

I doubt that they would be any more helpful with a 3rd party company selling a superior version of their own product.

HERE is a link to a torrent which contains custom Prelude drivers that apparently fix cmss.

Ok, after months of random pops, stutters and crackles (no, its not the pci corruption playing nforce chips, its an issue specific to Win7/Vista with the current Beta1 driver) i decided to repackage the latest creative apps with the latest available Auzentec stuff and older 1.1 Driver. from Auzentech's archive.

So far those using it have reported the issue to be solved, if anyone here is having these issues with a Prelude, and are running Vista/7 and using the latest Prelude Beta1 driver, then you can make use of this repackage.

Versions
    Auzentech Audio Driver 6.0.01.1281
    Common Audio Driver Interface 2.30.63
    Creative ALchemy 1.41.00
    Creative Audio Console 3.00.37
    Console Launcher 2.61.35
    Sound Font Bank Manager 3.21.02
    Sound Blaster Vista Control Panel 1.02.04
    Creative AutoMode Switcher 1.01.02

Considering this driver is 99MB's, while my previous remix's could get packed down to 70ish, i'll be providing this via Torrent, as i figure distributed downloading is generally quicker (once many people have got it) then uploading it somewhere for a single server to handle the downloads.

if there are any issues with my putting the torrent on TPB, then feel free to recommend a better place. otherwise find a new issue. a torrent tracker itself does not constitute piracy, rather the content linked to is the problem.

Update, removed some unneeded stuff, and dropped the kit down to 99MB's

Notes
    Packed with LZMA2/7zip, so you need the latest beta of 7zip to unpack
    To install SBPpt(Sound Blaster Vista Control Panel), just run the setup.exe in the folder containing the SBPpt folders.
    For Bass Boost to work in 2.1 mode, the speakers must not be set to Full Range in windows sound properties.
    And Finally, remember, these older drivers required swapping the Rear and Side Surround jacks. A small non-issue really when you consider these drivers remove the pops and still support CMSS3D for 2.1+

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  20. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    count connect to the seeders. Seems dead .... Is there others that you can direct me too for the downloads ?