Geforce/ion driver release 196.34 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

66 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

27 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    2nd that.

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Yes, because everyone knows what PEBKAC means. Yet again, elitism pervades this forum.

3. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    It's a pretty common computing term. Been around for a long time.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair

4. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    These drivers are actually good and stable.

5. TheWolfster

TheWolfster New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 275 896Mb
    I lol'd.

Great drivers. DX10 frame rates in BFBC2 have gotten a nice boost compared 196.21.

Gone from ~40fps (which felt unplayable) to ~60fps.

6. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    hows these driver for MW2?
    Every one was saying the 188.xxx version were good for MW2, but im hearing some top results with these for other games etc... anyone willing to share their thoughts if you are playing MW2 with these..
    Thanks

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I know what it means. You missed my point.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    188.xx don't support ambient occlusion in MW2 so they're no option really. These drivers perform great and have a very nice IQ in MW2. Very stable framerate.

9. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Great thank you for the feedback, i usually dont enable AO for my games FPS games dont really wanna be blinded by environment lighting when hunting down campers lol...
    is there a big performance drop with AO on with these drivers.. rolling with GTX285 here if that helps..
    Thanks

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, other people like to challenge themselves by using only some weapons or by staying away from certain perks or jump around like drug-addicted rabbits, I like to play with the best possible graphics as I'm gaming for entertainment purposes :)
    I had a huge performance drop in CoD 4 and 5, MW2 though seems to have a different implementation. I can use it, just like transparency super-sampling, and still have high and stable fps. As it's capped at 91 anyhow there's no need to look at an ugly picture.

11. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    LOL awsome well thats all i need to know... your right AO on COD4-5 raped the frame rates, thank you for clarifying that MW2 seems to do better with AO on.. since ive never tried...
    will give it a go when i get home from work...
    Thanks again :)

12. ElderTech

ElderTech Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Nvidia is actually pretty smart.
    They put out all these crap drivers and then the people in the community do all thier R&D work for them.. lol
    We spend countless hours researching issue's figuring out work arounds and ways to address the problems and maybe they read the forums and use the information.. some days i just want to be a customer though and install something and expect it to work correctly.
    reminds me of XP when it was released e"XP"ects public to Beta test.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You can't even buy a car today without being a "beta" (more or less) tester for the manufacturer. Short product cycles and price cuts come at the expense of something else.

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    it can if u add a line to it..

add this to the nvapps found in programsdata/nvidia.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I know. The last time I tried it with that driver though the feature didn't work properly. It does with 196.34 though.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Yes, but at the same time Nvidia's reputation for solid drivers has hit an all time low passing ATi big time. I have never had any real serious issues with Nvida drivers untill this beta release.

What happend to me was after installing this beta driver is I lost my Nvidia control panel and my OS would not detect I had a video card installed. I tried to roll back to my older driver and it would stop at the uninstall screen and say "no new changes have been made, uninstall aborted" No matter what I tried to do I could not fix this problem.

I finally had to reformat my hard drive! By the time I got windows installed and all my updates and games installed the better part of the day was gone. To me that is bullcrap! A gamer should not have to go through that in the first place. Nvidia never would have even released this beta driver 196.34 if they didn't mess up with the overclocking function in the first place!

17. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Keep in mind that Windows 7 from a developers standpoint is still immature. With every new OS release there is a growth period and Nvidia is also implementing CUDA/OpenCL/DirectCompute/PhysX. The 19x.xx driver series is really just a development testbed right now and it HAS come a long way. There's nothing from stopping anyone using older drivers or any other driver set that suits their needs. I'm using the 18x.xx series and I'm just fine with that and everything is running fine. If you SLI then you know what to expect with new applications and simply take it as it comes. There really isn't any need to complain about it just report issues you have. Nvidia has forums for a reason and that's to help their customers and implement all these new technologies as best they can.

No I don't work for them.

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    True, but I'm still using XP PRO (SP3) :3eyes:

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    and you got such lame probs?? i would have thought vista or win7 but not in xp..

Did you, before you reinstalled win, tried driver sweeper first( and cleaned registry with ccleaner)?

and in sys32 there are some nv leftovers you can delete those manually.. i think this was your prob. - some leftovers in sys32 folder..

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, I haven't had problems with this driver on xp sp3. Works fine with Aliens vs Predator demo.