Gonna do a small order next week...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vbetts, Jan 26, 2010.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

+ 9800GTX+ from cowie

Already have the memory, another hard drive, and psu already for it...:D

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    When you turn it on, remember to wear goggles.

When your eyes pop out, it will be easier to find them.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Just noticed you have an order for a DVD-ROM drive? You dont already have a DVR and you dont plan on burning anything to DVD's?
    I read some reviews of the new AthlonII X3's. They arent bad from previous generation AMD's. Very acceptable performance for what they can do. I assuming you will OC, so it should help you get more some more FPS out of it. Although, I gotta tell yah I only achieved 10 more FPS in Dirt 2 with 1Ghz OC on this AthlonII X4 :( But hey, it helps me stay at 60-65FPS at native res, so Im happy.

4. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm making this ****er scream. :D

As far as the drive goes, I really don't need a burner. I don't burn anything, and if I do, my dads mac has a burner in it. I had a sony DVDR dual layer, that faced the problem almost every other sony dvd burner faced. Lens went out in it...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010

5. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    :stewpid: I concur, its about time you upgraded that rig of yours. I say, enjoy it! It'll be a big improvement from your current, and I take it you'll be keeping your motherboard?

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    The way I see DVD burners is they are cheap, so if they go bad, buy another one. :/

7. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, it won't run the full HT, but it does support the cpu and can still oc it with no issues. Took my old Phenom X2 to 3.6 ghz easily, with headroom to spare. I'd like another crossfire rig, but that won't be until I get another mobo. Which I plan to down the road for ddr3, and full ht link. :D

8. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Finally.

10. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Lol, trust me I said the same thing. Been so long since I've had a decent computer. Had to sell the 2 4870s, had to sell the core 2 I had, sold the ABS case, and then sold the Phenom 2, and now I'm getting something back since work has been really steady for me. :D

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I would have replaced your motherboard but I think this comment came too late.

Your motherboard will prove to be a performance limiter since it doesn't run full HT 3 and you're missing a lot of functionality by sticking with an ancient chipset (I'm surprised there's even AM3 support on an AMD 480X chipset) and not using the new 700-series chipset.

deltatux

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  13. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I would, but I can't fit it into the budget now. Plus, when I had my PII, it really wasn't held back all that much by the chipset. It uses the sb600 along side the 480x, so that's why it can. The mobo along side the ram is my next upgrade path.

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Got it all ordered! :D

Should expect it sometime in the week! Can't wait! I'll update with pictures and all.

15. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Everything except the video card and the cooler came today. Should come tomorrow though.

16. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Time for pics! Seriously though, its about time you got the upgrade. You'll actually be able to game at a reasonable clip and not have to turn down the settings to ultra low lol.

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So everything works, well almost works.

Now my mobo's sata controller isn't reading anything! =[ Nothing is reading, my hard drive isn't, or my dvd drive. I've tried switching the cables around, and trying different ports, but nothing. Anyone have any idea?

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    If you have an extra cable, test with that. Otherwise it sounds like your mobo didn't survive the transplant into the new system.

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The thing is, I've never used the sata before on this board, which is annoying since I didn't buy the board from a store, but here from another member. Everything worked when I got it, but I never had a chance to test the sata connectors since I didn't have a sata drive for this rig.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's gotta be the motherboard...I've tried 4 different cables, and every other possible solution, but nothing has worked for me...That's ****ing great. Time to wait 2 or 4 weeks until I can get another one...