Catalyst 10.1 (ATI)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Jan 27, 2010.

1. blade203

blade203 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 1 GB
    installation issues

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blade203 View Post
    ok iam getting a little desperate here, i always hve this problem with catalyst drivers, i've got WIN 7, 64 BIT, and Sapphire HD 4650 and i managed to install 09.11 hotfix somehow, but always when i try to install newer drivers(full package) it never updates the driver itself, how do i do that? I tried to completely remove everything in Ati package and the vga driver itself and it just wouldnt install this new 10.1 for some reason, so i managed to install 09.11 somehow again, and now got no clue how to update just the driver itself to 10.1, any help? thx in advance
    I had a 4650 before and same issue, uninstalling drivers completely and first installing drivers from windows update and after that installing the catalyst pack worked for me.

Make sure to check you have all vcred cc++ redist installed, those can mess with catalyst install manager.

That doesnt seem to work here, i cant even install 9.12 normally via full package setup, but when i run 9.11 hotfix it works just fine, and these new drivers dont offer me option to install new driver, just some additional stuff and say all is up to date, why doesnt it work normally as u just always download new catalyst package, run installer and it should remove and reinstall newer driver for you, instead of all this mess, now my catalyst info says i run 9.11, so i guess i aint switching to these yet if i cant resolve this problem

2. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Clean W7 Pro x64 install, 10.1 drivers only, results in MOM.implementation error and complaints about missing files. Trying to play any form of video results in a hard lock of the computer.

If there's issues with sleep and games I can't tell, these are simply no-go for me.

Had the same issue with one of the 9.x packages, 9.11 IIRC, that just wouldn't work no matter what I did.

3. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    any driver, really makin me think i shoulda waited for nvidia :3eyes:

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    These are good solid drivers with excellent performance for me. Well worth the wait IMO.

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How can you tell you lost it?

6. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    About another thing, ive havent had a single gray or brown screen crash since 9.11 drivers. Alot of people are writing about that, got rid of that when i learned my bios and manually set everything up according to spec. Im talking about ram, cpu harddrives etc.

These are pretty powerful cards, i think some of the artefact crashings etc are sometimes relating to bottlenecking between gpu/ram. So have a look in your bios find specifications for your hardware and instead of auto set it up yourself or write down info from everest or cpu z and match everything up. Also check if your ddrs are epp or ecp. Mine are epp, had them as epp/ecp a while ago till i discovered they were epp ready, so i set them as only epp and reinstalled chipset drivers and got better stability.

Obviously most crashing seem to be related to different power saving features. As soon as cool n quiet was of, ram was up to spec with the right voltage and powerplay was set to video clocks on idle i got rid of crashing issues.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  7. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    They seem to be pretty solid so far no lock ups of any kind that's always good rofls

8. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    Dang,

Not happy, anybody else having the problem that in overdrive section the Fan does not react to changes anymore ? mine will only change through MSI Afterburner. Even now i changed back to the old drivers (using driver sweeper etc etc) i can not get it to work.... Grrrrrrrr:bang:

also noticed my card runs about 10°C higher in idle then with 8.70 RC2. and that is very strange because i just changed from an ordinaire case to a Antec 900rev2 case and that brought temp down by 5-10 Celcius.

9. js01

js01 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk
    Are they ever going to fix the AF bug games I used to be able to force AF no longer work it's been like 3 driver releases now since they broke it. And I already submitted feedback to them asking them to fix it, and it doesn't work in the 8.70 driver either.

10. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    The 10.1 drivers are fine...I just think AMD/ATI development teams need to pick up the slack. They're slow, and they should update their drivers and programs to stay in sync when something new is released. Like, I can't get OpenCL on my 10.1 drivers...seems like their Stream 2.0 hasn't been revised for the new drivers...

Plus I don't even install/use CCC anymore. I makes me think the people who developed that crud used to work for AOL tech support. Ray Adam's ATT works very well in conjunction with the display drivers I install. No need for CCC at all!

11. Baxter88

Baxter88 New Member

GPU:
    5850 x 2
    these drivers best so far for my XP, crossfire 5850 setup ..COD MW2 run s much much smoother ..thanks ATI...gonna try them on my Vista 64 setup

great forum

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    How these drivers on HD4870 ?

13. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    same here... downloaded 3 times, uninstalled, driver swepper,... but always showing 9.12??????

14. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    How many times need to repeat that the driver is 10.1 but not the CCC. You guys just dont read the ATI downlod page before downloading. It clearly stated that the CCC is still 9.12.

15. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

OpenCL has worked with every driver release since 8.682.2 (9.12 hotfix). I run OpenCL all the time, and I have used every single good and bad beta, rc, and whql release since 9.12 hotfix and have not had any problems with running OpenCL or DirectCompute.

I think you need to read the installing instruction for the ATI Stream SDK 2.0 drivers. You "MUST INSTALL THEM AFTER AFTER AFTER" the display drivers and CCC are installed!!!

When you go to install a new set of drivers, you "MUST" uninstall the samples, dev, and profiler first. After you install the new drivers, you then proceed to reinstall the ATI Stream SDK.

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Showing 9.7 on my install! lol

What the deuce?
    [​IMG]

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    when the driver doesnt include any "version", the'll just use the previous one you had installed.

18. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    Once I installed the Stream SDK 2.0 drivers back when I installed the 9.12 hotfix drivers, they have always worked. Even through several driver changes without touching the Stream SDK(uninstalling-reinstalling). I don't think it is required, at least not in my case.

19. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    I didn't even have Stream SDK installed until after I installed the 10.1 driver. I've got Windows 7 and the necessary .NET framework is installed. Now...if I need to have CCC installed to get OpenCL (which I don't think might be even necessary for gaming), then FORGET IT. I'm not installing that trash when I'm already using ATT.

I'm having the best performance I've ever had on my computer when I switched from 9.12 with CCC to a 10.1 driver without CCC. No problems with fps.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    lol last one was 9.12. I mean come on ATI.:3eyes: