Just built a rad box where shall i put my fans...

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by pinkpotato1, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870 xfire :D
    Ive just built a rad box for my heater core, it is quite a big rad 185mmX185mm i have 4 80mm antec tricool fans pushing and im deciding what to do for pulling fans.

I have 4 spare antec tricool fans or a bigboy 200mm which fits on my rad box or i could have no others pulling what do you suggest. I was primarily thinking about using the bigboy to pull as its nice and quiet and shifts loads of air, what do you reckon?

2. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    Try the push pull and see if the temps at load are better. I'm going to do this tomorrow on my cpu loop.

Show a pic of your setup. I made my rad box to fit as a base for my Antec 900.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  3. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960
    I also would love to see photographs of this. I have still in my vehicle a heater core that sounds similar in size, and was curious what you have going on. Mine is from a late 80's model chevy blazer. It worked well before I retired it for an easier to use pre-made rad.

4. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Mate the rad box is made from a biscuit box, but its surprisingly good i went ahead and put the 200mm on the pull side for noise reasons. My core is from a vauxhall astra, it even has 1/2" barbs (near enough) :p Ill post some pics up soon, im well chuffed my whole monster watercooling loop has cos me about £100 Big heater core, swiftech mcp 655 and a dtek fuzion 1366 mount along with clearflex hose and a t-line, ive leak checked it and its good stuff :) Cant wait for my new build to be done.

5. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
  6. aleslammer

aleslammer Member Guru

GPU:
    Not Sure
    Great use of stuff laying around the house, have to post some results when you get it all running.

:cheers:
    Ale

7. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Yeah will do, im gonna test it with and without the big boy on it and see what the temps are like :)

8. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    I love it! Very handy are you.Now see that window next to ya?....there's a good spot.

I definitely think you will see good results with the 200 antec's help.

9. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    All leak checked and waiting for a cpu and graphics card :)
    [​IMG]