X-Raider 5.1 setup not working?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by deltatux, Jan 23, 2010.

1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hey guys,

My cousin just got himself an Auzentech X-Raider 7.1 PCI sound card, and he plugged his SAMSUNG surround sound system (not sure what the model is), but he can't get any of the audio to come out correctly. We followed the manual to plug the wires, installed the latest CMI8768 driver and still can't get the bass. We get the front left, centre, front right, side left and right but not the bass why?

Does anyone have issues like this w/ CMI8768 cards?

Thanks,
    deltatux

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Nevermind, my cousin gave up on it and sold the card to me, score! Works perfectly on my rig.

deltatux

3. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    lol could have sorted that out as well :p just sent the speakers to small in the cards menu and the sub should work as it will send Freq from 100hz-10hz to the sub but when set to large the speakers get the bass freq instead of the sub, well works for me

PS sub crossover freq is usualy 120hz 100hz or 80hz these are the usual settings where the sub takes over from the other speakers all the way down to 25hz (if the sub can go that low "unlikely")

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yep, That would be my guess he didn't set up the bass redirection.

Oh well your scored a decent card anyway. Now bring over your cousin when you have it sounding good and make him want to buy it back!

Enjoy.

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    lol, y would I sell it back =P

deltatux

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Not saying you would, but making him want it back is good!
    Tell him how great it sounds after it has been set up properly!

7. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    He could always get another lol then both of you could enjoy it =]

8. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Sounds reasonable, I love my X-Raider so I'd highly recommend that. At least you got it sorted, you'll just have to tell your cousin that he needed to tweak the settings some more to get it working properly. :p Then gloat at how amazing it sounds haha.

Now that you've finally ditched the onboard, you can enjoy how your games and music are supposed to sound. Plus, with some op-amps down the road, you can tailor the sound to your exact preference. Well, if you so choose to upgrade them.

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    lol, I would have tried to figure it out if I had more time and/or I also had a 5.1 audio set up but no money man, C$55 I paid him for it isn't called cheap for me either, esp. since I'm a student.

Maybe, but I do notice that Auzentech cards are rarely in stock. A lot of Canadian stores are either not restocking them or Auzentech haven't been shipping them up here for local stores to sell. The X-Raider that I have is apparently the last one from my local Canada Computers store and it's listed as Out of Stock on their website and are in limited quantity in their other stores across my province.

deltatux

10. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Its not just Canada, its the States as well. Newegg only has the Infrasonic stuff in stock and the Auzentech website has virtually every card out of stock. I think the Bravura and maybe one other thing are in stock while everything else is out. They seem to go through this every so often, where all the items are just out of stock for a month or so and then they are all back in. Probably manufacturing problems or they just simply can't keep them in stock.

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    hmmm... seems like Auzentech doesn't have any products in circulation, which is quite weird.

deltatux

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Their cards sell out very fast. Their cards are usually released in lots, few 1000 then they seem to wait for a bit. Seems like that anyway.

13. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. IMO, the best way to sell is a constant stream instead of start and stop.

Also, I noticed that Windows Media Player only uses 1-2% of my quad core CPU instead of the old 3-5% usage when I used my onboard so I guess that's a good thing, but don't know if it'll be noticeable in games.

deltatux

14. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Well, when I was using onboard, I couldn't play Mass Effect at 1920x1200. I had to drop the res down to 1680x1050 to be playable and a few effects had to be lowered as well. When I dropped in the X-Raider, suddenly I could play Mass Effect at the larger res with all graphical enhancements at max. My onboard is a little older than the one you have and I'm only using a dual core, but I'm just saying sometimes the addition of a sound card can have nice surprises in game performance. Not saying you'll have a big improvement like mine, but it is possible to see a nice boost in frame rates.

15. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Also, I guess it also depends on what your audio setup is. As far as I remember, surround sound takes a lot more processing power than stereo. I only have a mediocre stereo sound system lol.

deltatux

16. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I'm not even running surround sound, just a 2.1 setup. And now its mostly headphones so.. yeah. :p

I haven't come across a big performance gain like Mass Effect's, but I haven't played many others since I got the card. I want to try and see if it makes a difference in Fallout 3, but well, I haven't gone back to that one yet. School is starting to use much more of my free time so I don't get many opportunities to play games like I use to. Oh well, haha.

17. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    at least u can still listen to your music off the sound card. I know I am. Too bad my headset is USB, so until I get a replacement, it's speakers all the way.

deltatux

18. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Haha yeah, I've been burning in my headphones since I got them back in September or October so I'm using them exclusively. They probably don't need anymore burning in, but hey, they are so comfortable when I put them on I don't even mind having them plugged in always. :p Speakers are great though, especially if the people near you don't care or mind you using them lol.

You should get a non-USB headset or headphones when you can. No sense in having the sound card if you're using a USB headset imo.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    well, the main reason why I got a USB headset was because of my dirt cheap case not having a Front Panel Audio. Else, I wouldn't bothered one. Hell, I never knew they existed until I started to search if they existed lol. That and the fact that I wasn't expecting to get a soundcard anytime soon :p.

What headset do you have? Was planning to look at the Sennheiser HD 202 but only problem I have with that headset is the fact that it comes with no microphone which is a bummer because that means I have to fallback to my USB headset when I'm at a LAN party or have to pack my USB webcam along for the mic. I'm planning to ditch my speaker system with a nice pair of headset that won't murder my budget so about C$100 max (shipping + tax incl.).

deltatux

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  20. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Well, I'm using a pair of headphones now, Sennheiser HD-280. They don't have a mic but if I need one I can just buy a clip on mic from Zalman and use that.

For an actual headset, you could take a look at the Razer Carcharias or the Plantronics GameCom 367. My friend is using the Gamecom 367 or 377 and loves it, its quite nice for his uses and can't really complain about it. I've heard good and bad about the Razer one, but the Plantronics is fairly nice though I don't know how it would compare to an actual pair of headphones for music. Headsets are nice for gaming, but I still prefer a nice set of headphones and a clip on mic if need be.