Do you SLI or not?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Jan 20, 2010.

?

Do you SLI or not?

1. Yes

115 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

89 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So a ratio of about 11:9 in favour of SLI users. Interesting results.

2. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I will sli when you get double the performance.I always thought is was funny that somebody goes out and buys another card for the same money for half the performance boost.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So not true these days... I'm getting a good 70-90% boost. Crysis sits at a good 85%. And usually, people go SLI when 2nd card is cheaper over time. I don't think lots of people are SLI'ing Day One with new released cards.

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i agree, i get close to a 90% boost aswell. worth it in my opinion ...

5. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Ok heres my take, as we all know video cards are purely a selfish and completely unnecessary luxury,when most people complain that the cost of a latest gen gaming console is 300.00. This seems Hi to some.
    Paying 3-600.00 bucks for a video card, when it couldnt act as a good doorstop with out a high end computer to run it. This says something about us , as a group of individuals.
    A piano is a similar purchase.yet it provides joy to the pianist,and anyone who happens by its keyboard,with some talent or training.The wouldbe audience can get something from it as well.
    Where a video card is purely selfcentered pleasure. unless you let others play your rig. (Think about your little brother, or girlfriend at the helm of it )
    Yet here we are we all have our reasons for it. I have 3 computers all multi GPU configs, 2 8800GT and one twin 4850 set up. all run flawlessly and play everything with good stability.
    I just picked up a gigabyte 260 soc gtx 260, ill get a second in a few months,no question about it. I have a family and kids. we do ok. Thank God. But i understand that its tough to keep up with a technology that is so cutting edge.
    Im over 50, when i was young i built Hot Rods,( i have the obligatory JDM CRX in the Garage.) Now we build HotRod computers. Im not making excuses for myself or others. we do what we do cause it pleases us.

6. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    I did when i had my 8800GTXs but went to one 4890. Less power = better to me now and i had nothing but problems with SLI and drivers. Half the time it was better to have SLI off than on. The games that did use it, it was really nice to have. I just don't feel you need it with the cards that are out now a days. If some of these benches are right about the Fermi card there is no way in hell it is needed.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  7. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    90%? So that means since I get 12000 with one card in 3Dmark vantage,Ill get 23,000 with two?lol It will never happen.Lucky to get 17-18,000.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I get a GPU score of 11k with one and 19k with 2.

Like I said, it's 70 to 90%... but def not 50%

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Please, stop spamming the forum with PM posts for Pill Monster, cliffgamerz. Either use the PM system of the forum or use emails like everybody else.

Any further posts like the above one will be deleted.
    Congratulations, gridiron whirlw. :)

Is it working and preforming like you expected?

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti

11. R0achTheWarHero

R0achTheWarHero Banned

GPU:
    55nm 260gtx 750/1511/2406
    Somebody rigged this poll, there's no way these numbers are legit. If the poll is legit, it's because all single card users stopped reading these forums after every driver thread became nothing but "these drivers are terrible because it crashes with my SLI setup" fest.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Or, maybe more people are satisfied with sli and the fact that it works gave the poll it's numbers.

13. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ha ha ha i spent £220 on both of my cards at the time the gxt 280 was £300+ and my cards (see guru3d reviews) can keep up and beat a single 280 and also keep up with sli'd 280's in some cases(3-5fps lower (once again check guru3d gpu charts))

id say money well spent ;)

click

click

and still keeping up (just)
    click

you dont need to get doble the performance from sli as long as its value for money then i will always go sli

14. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Nope. I only run at 14x9, so I won't gain a whole lotta frames with my system.

15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You need to calm down and stop spamming the forum with hate posts....

Not productive at all :bang:

Just because your opinion on SLI is different to others, doesnt give u the right to bash others.

16. ross

ross Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond R9 290X 4GB
    <3 Wanna SLI

Dude, if I could SLI I would :bang:. My chipset doesn't support SLI, even though there are ways around it. However, if I had a board that supported SLI, I'd have two NVIDIA cards for sure.

This is going to sound stupid, but I don't think I could go back to a single card. I know there are single cards that smoke my 4770s. However, I like the fact that if one of my cards has its last breath, I still have another one. Also, if you're into flashing the BIOS on cards, you'll always have another card so you can bring your other one back from being a big paper weight.

17. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You just don't seem to get it, do you?

Here's a reminder:
    So far, you are still the architect of your own fortune.

18. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Nope and never will, total performance sum of the cards aside, scaling is bad, power usage is over the top, and microstutter sucks. It's much more logical to buy a fast single card and upgrade each generation of cards, rather than those who buy sli, then wait several years before upgrading again.

To each their own, but I wouldn't even use a gtx295 over my card, it's not a good enough trade off for the performance increase

19. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

I always thought the same thing.Plus the major precentage of people that you see complaining in these and every other nvidia forum everytime a new driver comes out is sli users.I havent had a problem with any of the last 20 drivers,with 3 different cards.:)

20. R0achTheWarHero

R0achTheWarHero Banned

GPU:
    55nm 260gtx 750/1511/2406
    Or you can stop making up nonsense. My post said this poll has to be rigged because SLI users are only like 1% of the population. If you think that's a hate post, then it is you that has the problem.

This forum feels like a kindergarten class where all the posters run off looking for an authority figure to cry to if you say something they don't agree with. Really grow up.

And here comes an admin complaining when I didn't even do anything except say this poll has gotta be rigged. I'm sure someone will try to claim that is somehow a personal attack or other kind of conspiracy.