Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Just pre-ordered, can't wait for beta.

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    yeahh! pre-ordered! :thumbup: i waited till 6.15am here! now can go to bed in peace.

3. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    I just pre-ordered at steam:)

Never played a Battlefield game till now, maybe I'll enjoy this:nerd:

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Obviously u have never PLayed3 BF bc1

it has...The best...Audio i have ever!!!! heard in any game..

The sound engine in Frostbite is amazing!!!
    You will not be dissapointed!!!

trust me, its friking awesome sound engine.

read up about it, watch some bc1 sound demos.

5. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Pre-ordered !!! I cant wait !!!

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i have actually as i have it on PS3 :p, but with headphones on the PC BF2 is still better, tbh if its as good as BF2 with headphones or better im not worried, ill be annoyed if its not as good though.

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    And u dont like the way they do multiplayer Sound Enhancing ???

SO MANY games do Ingame Engine Sounds now days, cause its just easier for them to controll it via software, and doing in the engine takes like a whole 1% of the processors power...so why not?? Plus They can do SOO many more effects that Hardware sounds.

Crysis is one example that does sounds inengine.

I could name alot of others if u want :p

This doesnt mean ur soundcard is pointless....Your still using ur dacs to produce Crisp awesome sounds.

Bf2s sounds were good in the day, but not so much now, There very generic, Gltichy at most times.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    nah, with headphones on the PS3 BC1 doesnt sound great at all, i definately didnt think it was anywhere near as good as the directional sound in BF2 and being able to pinpoint snipers based on sound alone.

I dunno, i thought Crysis audio wasnt the best anyway.

Have you used an Xfi with BF2 on ultra settings?, defo not trying to bash mate but ive never had it glitchy and it is absolutely excellent and ive still not found a game that uses directional audio so well.

Also the Xfi has 128 channels, for 64 player matches its perfect for offloading audio, the PC has a higher player count than the consoles, it places unnecessary load on the cpu.

Anyways, at the end of the day i dont mind if the audio is fantastic and doesnt hinder performance( i.e. performance is great on a decent spec'd quad core pc )

9. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    as soon as my WoW games are sold these are on my MUST buy list ^_^

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Trust me......LOTS of games use sotfware audio.

It wont impact performance whatsoever. :)

11. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Hey guys.
    I just woke up, booted the PC and steam patched and restarted and now i see this wonderful thing about BFBC2, beta, and 6 unlocked multiplayer items.

Steam has always been good to me, but i really wanted to buy this game retail and wanted to ask if anyone knows if beta key's would be on some websites (gamespot, etc).

I also am wondering if anyone knows anything about these 6 unlocks? they shouldnt be too powerful as to unbalance the game of course (i hope)

im so exicted for this game! really the only one im waiting for this year (would also be my first BF game) :D hope you guys know some answers, thanks for ur time.

12. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    you can get a key if you pre-order from gamestop online.

here are the unlocks taken from gamestop's site http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=647589

•4 x Vehicle Warfare Unlocks
    ◦Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
    ◦Vehicle Alternate Fire - Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
    ◦Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
    ◦Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
    •2 x Classic Battlefield 1943 Weapons
    ◦M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
    ◦M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Cant wait for this game!

14. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    pre-purchase on steam now, biggy. i already did. :p but i wonder when they will put offer for 4 packs at lower price each.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm..will it happen?..daman man..i first will purchase Mass Effect 2. and this game... Sorry MW2 will BE DEAD!!!!

16. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i cant stand mw2 anymore.. too many noobtubers. in a game most of the sound effects i heard is the 'bloop bloop' coming from the noobtubes most poeple use in a game. why noobtubing when they can shoot normally on an easy target.. besides im gonna uninstall mw2 when this game is launched because of mw2, my steam client and some of my steam games in-game menu are in russian.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  17. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    I said that and got flamed for being elitist...lol.

The game has been ruined by tossers but I hope they stay with their easy frags so proper game players are left having fun on BC2 :D.

Was gonna swap out my pre-order for Steam or some other with the beta, but I am happy to wait (in anticipation) for my 'Special Edition' to come from Game.co.uk....role on :D

18. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    there is also special edition too? this special edition isnt the same with limited edition? whats in it?

19. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Its the one with the weapon unlocks etc.....guess its teh same lol!!
    Also gettin it £15 cheaper than MW2 was at launch (even though I didnt pay that for MW2) :D

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sk8, those noobtubers r me, coroner and ste..wtf man :D

we rape the servers with our tubes :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.