Which Command and Conquer game you liked the most, and why?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by moab600, Jan 17, 2010.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hi people. as CNC4 appears to be the only game that is purely not cnc but more of DOW2, i decided to ask u which cnc game u like the most and why.

Mine most favorite. without a doubt is...Red Alert 3.
    I know many of u dislike it, and think it has too cartoonish graphics, while the part with the graphic is true, the gameplay is superior to any previous cnc game, the naval battles are amazing, the fact that u have big navy air and land arsenal, great units and almost perfect(it was at least on release, but EA screwed it up a bit) balanced, for me it makes this game simply best cnc game ever.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The original Red Alert...

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    For me, the best one, at the moment, is C&C 3 Tiberium Wars. And I'm really looking forward to C&C 4, which will continue the story ...

4. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    RA1 and Tiberian Sun are my favourites.
    I am currently working through RA3, but since RA2 i've not enjoyed the cartoony style and the gameplay is not as good as the Tiberian Sun series. I am looking forward to Tiberian Twilight.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I've played every C&C game except 'generals' and I think C&C3 was the best.

It was so true to the original game. The gameplay was that of a traditional base building RTS, no gimmicks.

The Scrin faction wasn't blasphemous to the GDI/NOD tradition either because they had unique units and were balanced.

I just fire up kanes wrath every few days for a quick match.

another reason why C&C3 was so good...old school superweapons, + the rift generator was pretty sweet too.

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    This is from someone who plays the games for the singleplayer campaigns (me):

Tyberian Sun is my favourite together with Red Alert. The original C&C was good for its time, but if you play it today it just seems to limited imho.
    C&C3 was fine, but incredibly easy (I'm talking singleplayer here) the story of the Tyberium universe is pretty good as well. Red Alert 1 is still part of it (just check the soviet ending)

Red alert 2 and 3 were a little bit too over the top for me. Storywise it had nothing to do with the original C&C series and the direction on the whole was just a little too goofy for me. This caused the game to become boring fast, the same is the case with Red Alert 3; I just couldn't be bothered as there are better strategy games around.

Generals is a lot of fun on a LAN, but the singleplayer is dull.

So the Tyberium saga is the best for me because I like the story. Gameplay-wise there are much better strategy games, but the simple basebuilding gameplay of the originals is still very nice.
    I've played the C&C4 beta and so far it completely sucks..... so I hope they'll improve it a lot, because even a good story can't save that game so far...:(

7. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    The first Command & Conquer for me, only ones I have now are Red Alert and Red Alert 2 :(

8. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Red Alert 2 w/Yuri's Revenge expansion..
    Luv using Spies to gain ranks and cash or using Virus to nibble at infantry from a safe distance.
    Also the witty sayings when selecting a unit..
    "Time to infect", "I need a potty break".... etc
    Bunker tanks with a mix 'n' match of different tech infantry that cause absolute havoc on the battle field.
    Not to mention the game runs on the lowest end hardware fine (eg: my 5 yo laptop :) )
    I still play the game on a daily basis.
    I still make my own custom maps with Final Alert 2, TibEd and Voxel editors.
    I've made my own characters such as a bunk in sniper (Bunkered in he snipes, standing he machine guns) also made it so Gaurdian GI's and Snipers can bunk in buildings.. etc.
    Next of the series I'd say for me I'd say C&C3 Kains Wrath expansion was quite enjoyable, but I can't stand C&C3 Tiberium Wars game itself (the over whelming alien stuff spoiled it for me).
    Red Alert 3 was another dislike for me as well, played 2 single player missions and lost interest fast, back to RA2..lol.
    I never really played generals/zero hour that much, I just don't like not being able to steal all tech from any race.

RA2 forever.. w00t

9. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb

That game defined awesomeness.

The only thing EA have to do to stop releasing rubbish games is remake RA1, in exactly the same way JUST,JUST using world in conflict graphics and models.

That would make me the happiest gamer ever.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'm playing C&C 3 right now and it's alright. I'm gonna try some skirmish & practice myself.

But the one I played the most in Generals, this one is just awesome. It just feels right. Everything is nicely paced and balanced.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Generals: Zero Hour and RA3.

Couldn't care less about balance and all that garbage, for all I care, you play the cards you're dealt in RTS. They have fun units...

12. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Deffo generals, the mods for it were brilliant! Endless hours of game play fun times!

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    For me the original C&C is the best ever!!! The gameplay was great and the game had balance and a decent story/presentation. Tiberium Sun and the first RA were also good but too similar to the first one. The others were pure garbage for me! That´s way my favourite RTSs are Warcraft and Starcraft.

14. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Overlord ready!

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Zenerals (C&C Generals : Zero Hour) was/is awesome at LAN parties.

I also like Tiberian Sun, which was the first C&C I have played and perhaps that is the reason why I think it's so good. I got into PC gaming later and did not play first C&C before I got my First Decade, which wasnt so good anymore. RA1 was good, but not that good compared to TibSun

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    The very first CNC is the one I played the most. Both disks are still in my drawer.

17. akilay87

akilay87 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2060s
    c&c red alert : retaliation , on psx loooool :D
    everything is there, was playing this game for years, the same campaign over and over again and 100 skirmish maps like 2000 times each! aaaahhh memories!:)

18. jam6549

jam6549 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 660 GTX Ti
    retaliation and red alert 1 were so awesome. first played them on the ps1 and loved it. red alert 2 was a great follow up however i wasn't too into red alert 3. tiberium sun was good, however not really into CnC3. I like my CnC games to be basic (in relation to units) but complex when you get on the battlefield, much like a game of chess. I will definelty look into the next CnC game but won't get my hopes up too much!

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    No doubt RA1 and RA2 were awesome, i for myself played 8 years this game and enjoyed that very much, but i have never enjoyed more playing online a cnc game, then i enjoyed playing RA3.

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Generals Became My favourite.

But RA2 Was the best...Just not anymore.