Another 5970 issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by blesner, Jan 12, 2010.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Ahhhhh, Every time I uninstall or install any driver for this card my PC totally freezes, Some of my games run for about an half an hour then same thing, my Gpu temps are around 50C-70C.

Never ending problems with this brand new card , also still cannot enable direct computing. F%$# it !?

Any suggestions guys

2. Luxferro

Luxferro Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800GT OC
    Start with a clean operating system install. Install 9.12, then 9.12 hotfix over it, then the SDK. That's how I do it, and have no driver issues. Don't un-install or use driver cleaner.

Starting from a fresh operating install is key to making sure nothing is messed up causing your driver issues.

3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Is there not another way ? Cos then I have to reinstall Steam, the games and all there big updates !

4. GamingArena

GamingArena Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan SC Sig x2 SLi
    You don't have the reinstall steam.
    Just move the steam folder on other partition and reinstall Windows.
    You should keep your games on different partition regardless.

Just keep Windows on the main C: partition and all the apps and games etc.. on lets say D: partition.

When you done with reinstall just go to Steam folder where you moved it and run steam.exe and you are back in business ;)

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Commenting on your Steam games. If you have another drive, use the Backup Games in the File menu.

6. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hi I have an external hard drive and have backed up all my steam games just in case. I uninstalled one of them as an experiment and reinstalled it from back up. it did not fully install the game and wanted to download the rest.
    How to I partition it?

7. GamingArena

GamingArena Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan SC Sig x2 SLi
    Don't backup just move or copy the whole steam folder to another drive/partition.

8. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Welcome to the world of Duel GPU's. Even my 4870X2 which does perform quite nicely, does still have weird issues from time to time. Just push through. A fresh OS install will usually help a bit as well as making sure everything else in your comp is spick and span.