GF100 Rocket Sled Demo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Dictator93, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    it took 3 cars to render a crappy physx galore video...

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    We don't know that for sure. Yeah, we can count 3 cards in there, but there's no evidence to say or not to say that it can be done no problem with 1 card. We didn't have any mention of resolution, aa, af, things like that. There's no conclusion we can come to right now, except that tri sli works with GF100 really since there's no data released about this at all.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No, actually he made very good points. Nvidia did talk about thermal issues with SLI.

So that alone kinda makes it dodgy.

You shouldn't take offense to this, don't let the fanboy inside take over!

4. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    The demo is sort of fun,but to take 3 gf100s to render it is even more fun,they didnt show any dx11 features in it,I dont see any tesselated geometry there,but the phisically accurate interaction of objects is ok.
    I have a bad feeling that this card will be something like the "revolutionary"5800 series.
    So we can wait and see some real life numbers b4 any conclusions.

5. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    "Child"?, "talk crap"? Bit harsh dude.

He made 3 decent points of observation. This is a discussion after all.

6. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    The same reason the numbers for the new Intel i5s and i3s didn't come out until a day before the release and the reviews all came out at the same time:

Non-disclosure Agreements

Don't expect any reviews or numbers anytime soon until the March release is a few days away.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    would look good on a 260 but otherwise looks rubbish

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The demo was weak but the physics were awesome!!! Really cool to see the individual parts of the rocket sled moving as the engine starts. But 3 GPUs to run this demo seems an overkill to say the least... I just hope they show the cards running Crysis or something like that so we can better evaluate the potential of this cards...

11. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 WINDFORCE
    Ouccch.... I admit to being a little fail happy but I'm just trying to make observations based on what I see and the information that has been reported... I was very surprised to see three Fermi's running this particular demo after nvidia stated that there was a problem with this configuration. Furthermore, that Nvidia would allocate three of these GPUS for this when they could have done something much more impressive... Ie crysis 2, Heaven bench at 1920x1080(no actual numbers needed) or even this demo on three monitors... surely there is no shortage of monitors where as there is a massive shortage of GF100....

Shout out to GhostXL and Omagana for the defense while I was out, Thanks guys:)

12. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 WINDFORCE
    You are right I probably didn't take this too much into consideration; I have no idea what kind of things nvidia might consider a violation of this agreement... Also I don't know what sort of terrible punishments they might handout, hot fire pokers in the butt perhaps... I shudder to think.. But there just has to be something more impressive that they can show us with all that power. Something that doesn’t violate any agreements but still makes me go…OMG I’m Sooo impressed, please just take my credit card and give me one of these insane beasts!!! I feel very underwhelmed, unimpressed and just wanting to see more of that chicken gun…..

13. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Wtf, they call the 3-monitor solution nfinity?
    How ****ing original, nvidia. They should fire whoever came up with that.

14. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Hmm. I liked ATis older 'Froblins' demo better. It seems they are focussed on PhysX and 3D vision which isn't Nvidia exclusive while they do market it as so.

15. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    If ATi were nVidia they would probably have done a Ruby the Rocket SLUT demo hehe. Which has a nice ring to it IMO.

16. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I think I speak for everyone when I say that a benchmark run in crysis would have satisfied our need to know if the cards are any good. Especially seeing as the benchmark run is comparable to current cards, but that demo means nothing, it seems to be running unsmooth, even with 3 cards, so no matter how heavy duty the physx, I really can't see any excuse...

Benchmarks of stfu, i'm really getting sick of nvidias crap...

I'll happily eat my words if i'm wrong, but I think fermi will be a massive letdown when it's released ( as in only 10-20% > 5870 )

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

well imho i think that the cards are doing fine but if nvidia wants the perfect "fermi driver" this card will come out in 4 months

for the first time ever ati has a better driver for its new product

18. leo27

leo27 Member

GPU:
    BFG 280 GTX OC
  19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    who cares about a benchmark, they should give some "real world" gaming benchmarks

20. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Maybe you have no idea what is going on in the video...

That was by far, the most complex PhysX demonstration I have ever seen. Very, very impressive.