Photorealistic Crysis With Real Lifesis Mod

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    guys if ur having problems try this link http://www.mediafire.com/?j5dzzzyrmem , have u tried it here yet? Download it, open up winrar and place it inside (don't jus double click it) then extract to ur Crysis root folder, in there, in the levels folder there will be differernt install files e.g.TOD, TOD2, BLINK2 etc, they are all exe files jus double click one and it will install it for you, sorry if this is redundant information

2. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)

After noting that Crysis was a 'The Way it's Meant to be Played' title, which was quite some time ago, I figured.

But the thing is I only managed to get a good offer on Dragon from my local dealer. Didn't include a nVIDIA card. :3eyes:

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    So after I built my new rig this past weekend, I'm now running Crysis + Real Lifesis (TOD2) 1680X1050 maxed DX9 at 25-30 FPS. Might not knock your socks off, but let me tell you it actually plays VERY smooth. Crysis is strange with its feel vs FPS. Something UT3 would feel choppy as hell at 25 FPS, yet Crysis manages to feel very smooth.

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    yeh have noticed that too, 25 frames is fairly smooth in this game

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    I think it has to do with the speed at which everything occurs. It's very cinematic and we're used to seeing movies at 24 FPS. Also little things like the motion blur and lighting effects give it just the right surreal environment where it all comes together very smooth.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    congrats on the new build dude, finally laid the pair of 7800GTX's to rest?
    I think Crysis looks better with recent hardware too, im guessing its because the FPS dont fluctuate so badly as they do on older hardware.

7. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Yes, I finally shelved the old veterans. They served me very well but were starting to show their age. Really Crysis was the worst title on them. I think the reason it looks and plays better is because of the new architecture after the 7 series and X1K series. Crysis is VERY shader intensive and the departure from pixel pipelines to shader cores is MUCH better suited for newer titles.

I plan on going picking up another 4850 and running Crossfire in the near future, but as for now I really don't have much need. The only thing not maxed out on Crysis for me is the AA which seems to be very buggy and driver related. Aside from that I'm VERY happy with the new setup. :)

8. pinasBooyah

pinasBooyah New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800m Gs 512mb
    can some please help me with this.
    i downloaded the real lifesis mod, installed it, but my screenshots look like this? why? when i play the tree leaves look all jagged and not smooth and antialiasing does not help.[​IMG]

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, pinasBooyah. :)

Did try installing the mod (one of the several *.exes after you used the installer itself) by using the option "run as administrator" from the context menu?

10. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    This is will Real Lifesis and Rygels high-res mod. I don't see any discrepancies.

[​IMG]

11. pinasBooyah

pinasBooyah New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800m Gs 512mb
    that made it work. thanks alot cybermancer. although the mod is on, there are still some slight jagged lines. what would help this?(its not that apparent in the screen but it definetly is there when i play? could it be this is all it can do?[​IMG]

12. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    what do u mean by jagged lines, as in jagged edges? maybe sum AA is needed, try 2xAA

13. pinasBooyah

pinasBooyah New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800m Gs 512mb
    see thats the thing, I tried 8xAA but to me it seemed worse than when I didnt have any on.

14. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    [​IMG]

Works better for me now, that I've installed the v1.2 patch. Frame rate's more stable. But one annoying thing I find about Lifesis is that character eyes tend to have wierd white rings which makes them look like ... well, I dunno.

15. Medina Regal

Medina Regal New Member

GPU:
    BFG 260 Gtx 896mb OC'd
    Hey guys anyone wanna throw in a link for the texture mod? i also had the same problem as mancer, looks like **** (like an anti-anti aliasing :p)

16. RowdyRoddy

RowdyRoddy Banned

GPU:
    SLI GTX 260 216's
    Here's a link: http://www.exp.de/download.php?id=15368

Click on: eXtreme-Players - MasterServer #3 (Userlimit beachten!!!)

then click Download Starten

Be forewarned, it has a serious impact on frame rates. My rig is significantly more powerful than yours and it has difficulty running the texture mod in conjunction with Real Lifesis.

17. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    i just installed and omg, i´m gonna start the whole game from the begging.. look amazing for sure..

18. spankcakes

spankcakes Member

GPU:
    MSI 8600GTS 256MB OC
    Looks very nice...

Any estimates on what would the sys requirements be for the mod and say a High in-game setting. NOTE: I know it won't run on my rig, but just the estimates?:p

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Would installing Real Lifesis mess up my MW:LL install? Any ideas?

20. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    my rig basically. it cannot handle the game on ultra high with the real lifesys and the texture mod, but it can run pretty fluid on high. so something above a 285 performance wise, atleast.