Nvidia Drivers 195.81

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by russ1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Funny that someone calls you an idiot and then you remark about drivers not being "idiot proof"... Hypocrisy? Besides, your snide remarks from "you're doing it wrong" to him "fail"ing are unhelpful, unnecessary, and self-congratulatory. That kind of garbage has more place in a schoolyard than in this forum IMHO.

He mentioned in clear, succinct, and polite terms that he had a problem, if you have nothing helpful to say other than putting him down to boost your ego how about you just refrain from responding to him?

The last time I saw you post, you were trolling about ATI vs Nvidia fanboyism (which as I understand is forbidden in these forums).

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Happy New Year everybody. :D

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    C'mon guys. Stop it, please. Either get back on topic and continue discussing the 195.81 driver or get an infraction. Up to you.

4. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Damn Cyber your too fast I have not had a chance to reprimand(sp?) a person recently :(
    It would help if I would visit more often...

Sorry back to topic.

5. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Hi Marley, long time :).

Anyway, as to his AA/Shimmering issues, it could be any number of reasons, but for wiw, its not something i can reproduce across either XP or Win 7 barring one instance where i never rebooted after a clean install of the driver.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    whats an infraction?

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    There's also a wonderful site called 'google.' People use it and stuff.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^^^ Some people just don't know when to quit...

Can you post a screenshot of your NCP settings - I think I may be able to help you..:)

10. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Im having some issues with the 3d detection mode with 195.62 as it sticks to medium clock mode when the compute has been idle for some time, hopefully the 195.81 will fix this.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    smart ass...i know about google but i wanted an explainable answer instead of a geeky one from google

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    195.62whql are still "the best" from all 19x.xx drivers so far..well at least in winxp.

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yeah, I'd agree as 195.81 beta's gave me problems on few games (locked up and blue screened on me while playing mirror's edge).

14. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why do people like this idiot like to highlight themselves as being immature retards whilst taking advantage of a keyboard and wasting oxygen.

I think you need to go back to school and learn how to type, instead of yelling and acting like a 9yr old in a grocery store that can't have the chocolate bar he wants.

On a more topical note, I hear that SLI will be introduced in the next Dirt 2 patch, ICE mentioned it here http://community.codemasters.com/fo...-1317/401137-sli-please-codies-some-news.html

15. Serris

Serris Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960
    In Control panel, I can only adjust when do I update my drivers, any other configs are gone. Suggestions?

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    ive had no driver recovery error with 195 whql on w7 but did suffer the downclocking in game with the whql , however the 191.00 quadro have never had 1 error on mw2 nfs shift lfd gta 4 basically every game i play , only 1 prob is no ambient occ for mw2 , only thing i could suggest is if u havent tried 191 give them a go they are also the fatest drivers i have used in last 7 months with my gtx 275 cant fault them

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Luckily it only happens just before a match starts in MP, the card then comes back and I can play normally. It doesn't happen every time I start the game and it's not there every time I load a match.
    Great to hear that the 191 series is ok in that regard. There is a way to have ambient occlusion there too (nvapps.xml has to be edited manually) so I guess I'll try those again if there's no new 195 coming soon.
    Thanks for the info!

PS: I think I found something. I tried driver 191.78, the newest according to the release date. Still the same problem. Then I checked my card with OCCT, after tests with 3D Mark Vantage showed me that there would still be plenty of room for higher clocks. Well, it found some errors ;) And no reserve at all, at least not without errors.
    So now I reduced my shader clock from 1584 to 1548 and everything seems to be ok. I had all these clocks tested out when I got the card but it seems that it's getting "old" :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  18. nge769

nge769 Member

GPU:
    2X5970's Quad CFX
    Sup guys,new here and this new driver 195.62 is no good,at least in win 7x64 with 2X GTX295's quad sli.This driver wont run more than 3 gpus even though
    all 4 are listed in device manager, only 3 will function ,this is all listed in the
    notes from nvidia.For my set up the the 191.07 are the latest one's without this issue,but the gaming issue is strictly win 7 x64, xp and vista are fine.

Still waiting for new drvers...:)

19. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    wrooong place buddy

been using these since first day and will mention auto underclocking works as it should.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  20. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti
    I quite like the 195 branch all have been pretty solid in a variety of games GTA4, Dragon age, mass effect (gotta refresh the story before 2 arrives!) & source games.

The minimum FPS seems to be slightly higher during busy periods with less variation due partly to the fact I can use a pre-render limit greater than 0 and not be greeted with obscene amounts of input/frame delay. (mainly in TF2)

Also i havent had any issues with the global performance/power variable Adaptive set in nvControlPanel which has been a little hit and miss with some of the earlier drivers.