Request features here!!!

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by cnckane, Dec 30, 2009.

1. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Hello!
    I already have 3 ATi Cards and I used ATT with all!
    I have some ideas about new functions/updates:

- AVIVO Color settings panel like ATi's CCC (Vivid, Theatre,Custom) I use vivid profile and this is only reason why I installing CCC with the display driver.

- Compatiblity with Xfire - when In-game and ATT OSD is enabled some games crashes

-Support mobility cards - I have MR 4650 and I miss some features (like OSD - GPU temperature, and GPU Usage)

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    1. Don't think it will be in near future
    2. Xfire problem
    3. Besides of overclocking you can use ATT with unsupported mobile chips. Not all monitoring functions will be available though. And I just can not support all mobile chip because it is more complicated than desktop versions.

3. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Aha 1st would be great, others are not very important.

In the Advanced d3d tab would be great if we can set Device ID for nvidia cards (wich starts with 0) in some games is very useful f.e. in Batman: AA to allow In-Game MSAA.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You can set it without leading zero

5. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    And color tweaks for 3D apps?
    In Far Cry 2 would be nice setting up saturation...

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Color tweaks? ATT already have it in game profiles.

7. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    But you can't set color saturatuon.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Yes, you can not. Because there are no such ability in Catalyst :)

9. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Sorry, I forget to add hide_display = 0 , now I can set saturation in display options!

A Desktop gadget would be a great feature for ATT, Rivatuner's gadget is good, but require 3 processes and active background monitoring.

I don't know it's a bug, but I can't set custom Aivivo color in Vista/7, uncheck the application setting option, but after "saving" the settings always go to default values...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    In display options? :) I already wrote that this module doesn't supported any more

11. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    No, in Video and colors -> video overlay

For example I want to set these settings:
    [​IMG]

But when I reopen the Video Overlay window:
    [​IMG]

And it's the same with my desktop 2600XT.

Here are Catalyst settings:
    [​IMG]

And here is the Color&Saturation thing:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  12. cartman-2000

cartman-2000 New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4650 AGP 1GB vram
    Are you sure? Ati tray tools is pretty much the only overlay app I have used so far that doesn't get a long with the xfire overlay. The steam overlay works correctly when you have the xfire overlay enabled with all games, I've tried so far, except one, and that would be far cry, although the two still work in that one, xfire steals the bind for the steam overlay so you can't bring the steam one up in game.

ATT and xfire overlays together will crash nearly all source engine games and freeze nearly all opengl games, the 2 used to work better together in Directx games with older versions of ATT. With games that don't crash the xfire overlay will no longer work with the att osd enabled.

It would be nice to add a feature, which you could set, to support showing the OSD information on the logitech g15 keyboards lcd screen instead of using the overlay. So I would still be able to see info about my gfx card and use xfire ingame too.

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 cnckane - This is Display properties, which are not supported in ATT anymore.

Yes. You can run for example RiveTuner Statistic Server + ATT + FRAPS - no crashes.

What about other non source games?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  14. cartman-2000

cartman-2000 New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4650 AGP 1GB vram
    Of the ones I've tried so far, no, but it does completely disable xfire ingame and suppress the steam overlay as well, you can see in-game notifacation popups, but you can't bring the overlay up.

Is there going to be better support added to ati try tools for the agp versions of the hd2xxxx-4xxx cards? I just got a sapphire hd4650(something to replace my 5 year old x800 xt.) yesterday and the osd is only able to keep track of the vram usage and not the temps(works in CPUID hardware monitor.) and you can't overclock it through ATT either.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Not all 4xxx boards are supported yet. Sorry :)

16. bruto

bruto New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD5850 1Gb
    Ray, is it possible to overvolt a cypress chip as well as OC the memory beyond 1 GHz using ATT?
    Doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm doing it wrong (after all, I only realized the
    benefits of auto overclocking after about a month of using ATT with my new 5850 :)
    When I try to set cusotm voltage (1.2, for example), monitoring shows it being set to 1.0 instead.

It'd also be nice to see an extended list of monitoring sources (VDDC phases, all those things you can see in GPU-Z) as well as the ability to combine measurements from
    different sources (internal & plugins) on the same graph.

And last but not least, keep up the good work Ray :)
    It's strange but true that all these years, you've remained the only person to develop
    and maintain such a useful utility.

17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No

ATT has no limits in Mhz :)

Will be later (I hope) :)

Not possible without rewriting a lot of codes :(

18. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    i Ray, i have one minor suggestion.

Some games with securom have two executables, one main executable and a launcher one, the main executable is the game itself and have a icon, the launcher is just....a launcher and dont have icon. When i create a game profile, i need to put the luancher exe in the profile, so when i open the game profiles menu, it does not have a icon.

Can you add a new parameter in to the game profiles with alternative icon??

Some examples of this type of game are gear of wars and dirt2, in this moment i cant remember another.

PD: Another problem with this type of game is the vsync tweak dont work, maybe because ATT inject itself into the loader exe (exe in the game profile) and not in the real game exe (like dirt2, i need to put dirt2.exe in the game profile, but the real game executables is dirt2_game.exe). In this case, you may put aditional field to put a secondary exe to the profile to apply the vsync tweak.

Thinik about this, is just add a field to load an external icon instead profile exe icon.

Sorry my bad english.

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Why you put loader? Always use main .exe file of game, not loader. And run it from desktop shortcut, not from ATT menu or shortcut created by ATT

20. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    THe proble is, if i just run the main exe, these games show a messagebox like: "Please run XXXXXXXXX.exe", so you cant use main exe in a shortcut or att profile menu.

Not my loader or crack, some games just have two exes (games with securom) like dirt2, one game and one securom loader to protect main exe(i dont know why, just the games have two exes).

Another games with securom also have this two exes architecture.

One god example is GOW, where ATT cant force vsync, i think this is because ATT is injecting into loader and not main exe.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010