splintercell double agent

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by avivoni, Dec 31, 2009.

1. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i know i know its an old game but i just got it. and it doesnt support having HDR and AA enabled at the same time. So I tought maybe there is a work around mod,tweak to get this working. I downloaded the latest Nhancer. but I cant figure out how to tweak it so that I can have both AA and HDR on splintercell.

I believe double agent uses unreal engine 2 but all i can see in nhancer for AA compatibility is for unreal engine 3. I chose one randomly form the list of all unreal ngine 3 compatibility modes but that didnt work.

any advise?

also what is the best looking vs performance AA setting in nhancer? I tryd combined 32xS on MW2 but there was a hugeee mouse lag that made it very hard to play online.
    I also tryd supersampling 4x4 on dirt 2 and that was a total joke. 9fps and eternal loadings.

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    the unreal 2 engine didn't do HDR last i checked, though it is adaptable so that might've changed.

starting from 8xSQ, hybrid AA is very gfx card taxing, the max that would stay as playable would be about 4xS.

3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    trhe game options have HDR and AA
    but if you enable HDR then AA is non working
    and viceversa, if u enable AA then HDR is non working. thats all from in game options. what i tought could be done was to force both to be enabled trough nhancer. thats what i need help for.

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    You cannot have HDR and AA simultaneously in Double Agent or Chaos Theory.

Game engine limitations. If you force AA through the nividia control panel with HDR on in the game, it will look all effed up.

So, you can decide between jaggies or cool lighting.

5. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    As far as I remember in nHancer you had to enable 'Allow override of predefined settings' in Options menu and then change the 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory' profile to untick 'Enhance in-game AA setting' and change the Anti-Aliasing compatibility to "00000045: AA & HDR" for AA+HDR to work in chaos theory, it was pretty slow on my old PC and I did not really try much with it

Maybe another setting than 00000045: AA & HDR worked better but I did not try much but it worked

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    This.

7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    tryd tthose settings, well its looks OK cause its not getting any weird lines like the settings i tryd before, but i dont think AA is working, what setting of AA should I use in nhancer? multisample,super,combined,sli?

also in game i see everything that light passes trough walls, like on lamps i see a light trough the lamp and trough the near walls same for screens and lighted stuff in map. this is a real bugy game.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    wrong thread...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    It's possible to run game with AA+HDR (editing splintercell4.ini) but some levels have graphical problems.

10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    any other graphical improvement to be done through the ini? MaLDo?