ATI Catalyst 912 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gerardfraser, Dec 17, 2009.

1. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Speaking of this, is there an easy and safe way to delete previous driver versions (not only graphic drivers) that are stored by windows in the "System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" folder ?

2. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

When you uninstall your ATI drivers via the ATI install manager, it leaves folders left over in Program Files, Program Files (x86), C:\Users\xxx\AppData\ATI, C:\Users\xxx\AppData\ATI, C:\AMD (Just the extracted install folder - I delete it anyway), and it leave two folders in your registry along with 8-9 files in the \Windows\System32 folder. One of which is still "running" after you uninstall your ATI drivers.

Also, there is around 100 registry entries left over that need to be rid of. Auslogics Registry Cleaner and CCleaner are PHENOMENAL and work wonders. You won't have any issues with them deleting the wrong or an important file.

3. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hmm this driver is not as good in WiC as 9.7, lost 8 fps on average but gained maximum fps ( so the most fps loss was minimum during nukes ).

So far havn't tried any more games, but wic deffo lost some fps~

4. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Yes, AF still broken in 9.12, whql and hotfix. Image quality inferior and lower performance as tested against 9.10 on an xfx 4890 on win 7 x64.

Stick with 9.10 for 48xx series.

5. dao1972

dao1972 New Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R5850/1Gb
    9.12 HF works!

I am disable all monitoring program exept CCC and... vuala! It works! AMD... I hate indian software engeneers =:-O A bunch of morons can inflict more harm, than a regiment of enemy "special forces" or half a dozen of megathon thermonuclear devices!

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    uninstall your current driver and reboot. If windows auto installs drivers at this point go to device manager and uninstall from there selecting delete driver software as you go and reboot. Repeat this until windows stops auto installing drivers and asks you for the driver instead... Doing this will stop most of the potential issues you could come across.

7. K3VL4R

K3VL4R New Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870X2
    Your right that it is not needed and usually works fine just reinstalling. The main circumstances that it is recommended is when switching cards between ATI/Nvidia to avoid driver conflicts. Even then there is a good chance that the drivers will work fine when switching brands with the built in uninstallers.

For me, I have justified allocating a little more time to doing a clean driver install just as an insurance policy after only a couple of times when games get buggy/crash due to old driver remnant conflicts after installing new drivers.

Well if I'm nuts you should meet the people who reinstall Windows after driver issues just to make sure they have a clean driver install.

Like I said above it is merely an insurance policy to spend a couple extra minutes to clean the drivers when installing. The ATI install managers are optimized for their drivers and are improving all of the time so I could be putting more faith into them and use them. I guess it boils down to old habits die hard.

Also, the WDDM reference on the other page kind of turned into a rant. Whenever I cleaned drivers and did a reboot and seen the "Windows has finished installing drivers" popup before I had a chance to install the new drivers I read it as "Windows knows better than you as to which drivers you should be using, so we installed them". That's what I miss about XP, that you would get the popup asking what you wanted to do first.

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Does Dragon Age AF works with 9.10?

9. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Thank you

10. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I've posted the fix to the auto installing in this thread my friend.

11. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Works great for me.

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Thanks DarthElvis I will give them a try...

13. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    I'm running DAO 1.02 with JBtextures pack and other mods and AF seems to be fine...but im on xp.

14. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    In Windows 7 it's not fine since 9.11. :)
    9.10 worked for me, AF is working but has some flushing textures, not always but its annoying. DAO is so popular so ATI should fix this with the next Catalyst release as I don't like to use old drivers at my system.

15. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    No OPENCL support for me. Just Directcompute 5.0 :(

Installed also the lasted stream software.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you use GPU-Z to monitor this check their forums, a link to a thread was posted earlier which had updated beta builds of said program, needed a later version myself for it to show correctly on my 4890 card. (Direct Compute 4.1 showed up fine however.)

EDIT: Found it.
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=110810
    (Supported 5870 series initially and then the 4890 series when I last checked, probably updated since then for cards like the 5700 series and others.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  17. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Thanks, Jonas. OpenCL works.

18. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    n/m ;/

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  19. PTBD

PTBD Member

GPU:
    -
    Is this driver for every ATI card?
    Can I use it on my notebook with a Mobility Raedon 4650 HD?

The OS is Win7 64 Bit if that matters. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  20. JumperR

JumperR Master Guru

GPU:
    GtX 570 @ 900/1950
    Is it worth it to install this over 9.12?