The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 10, 2009.

1. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    if u want to annoy ppl but still have good time.. go knifing :D

lightweight, marathon and commando perks with a handgun ofc :)

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    last time i wasnt annoyed with that but recently it has become a trend where half of player in a room run around slashing other players.. now thats annoying. lol :p

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    ACR

Bling - Silencer/FMJ

Stoping power

Ninja pro

Stinger

4. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    The update has nerfed that class somewhat.

5. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Agree. Lately it started getting out of hands. I played in one lobby where more than half people were using knives with the perk that extand your range during melee attack. It lookerd like people had not knves but swords because of the distance they hit you.

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    the shotty's have been neutered, but the knifing, and tubing is out of hand! i just played and most players where using those tactics. the game is a joke, and im ready to junk it!!! what a waste of money. back to W@W! and a nice tactical game :)

7. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Favorite by far is A4/Scar, bling red dot, rapidfire, stopping power, steady aim, whatever death perk (wish there weren't any, damn noob support). With this class I would always come in 1st or 2nd in FFA or TDM, almost feels like cheating especially with my new sound card that lets me hear people from miles away. I'll use aug hbar, p90, ump45 whenever possible for more challenge.

+1 on some waw, miss the zombie maps

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  8. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    this game offers hardly 1/4 of the fun that the first one did. I'm honestly disappointed because I was so ready for it to be so good.. It just feels way too kiddish now.. just blah.. I mean #4 I played for hours, daily... this one it just has way too many ****ty things about it. It's to the point where half the games you play aren't being played the way their supposed to.. instead it's just a big arcade bash see who can annoy who and exploit this and that..

never mind the duel wielding that's just a joke and a half.

Done with infinity ward.

9. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i need to take a break. i couldnt play, like my hand was shaking.. and stressed.. :(

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I stopped playing, got boring quickly.

11. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i have to agree with that, kinda boring. no ds, lag, more than half of total amount of players in the room run around slicing.. what kind of combat is this.. if they wanna do that, should've add a new mode melee only. owh i forgot, no ds.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You hit it man.. totally know how you feel. I was so damn excited for this game but I knew.. I KNEW that it would end up just as you described it.
    Naturally its no easy feet to recreate a game that is a sequel to a very successful game in COD4, and I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that they would alter their base (cod4) and manipulate it into something that ends up being worse.

I felt like COD4 was more tactical, especially when playing hardcore. With this game it just feels like a mess. I don't even know how to explain it since its pretty similar to COD4, but the changes that they made really don't help it. Feels like they removed more than they added.. and then upped the price. Nice one lol

13. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    ^^ Exactly. It's obviously a number of things that are bothering us. Maybe Medal Of Honor will do it right.

And you know what? I bet they think that they've created a masterpiece with all of the sales that they did..

The only enjoyment I have playing that game is when my friends come over, we do the special missions in co-op split screen on the playstation. That's it. -- No more online play for me. I've already gone back to my older games, eg -- MGS, uncharted etc.

Has anyone here looked at the Medal Of Honor game?

14. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    lol listing to you lot moan is funny i have a 1mb's connection and get 0 lag and i mean 0 lag even when playing with people in Germany and that direction, theres only been a few times that people have gone around slicing, and dual wielding aint that bad ether and most people dont even us it, i do some times (dual UMP 45 fmj and dual TMP with fmj) and allways revert back to my using sniper and pistol because akimbo its not that good

i think if you dont like it then dont play it and stop moaning

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I haven't played in a while cause im trying to beat re5 but man I will probably get annoyed because before I stopped to play re5 it was mild to see player doing nothing but knifing and with that commando perk,but that is why I now carry a thumper just for them knifers

16. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Anything new in the game, new maps? I haven't been on in a few days. Broke my thumb, perfect timing for xmas break right...

17. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Well singleplayer was fun.

18. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    I played the Rust map once with my fren. we then tried to play longer hoping to get to play the map again but no luck. hm..

19. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    when i play online i get this weird stuttering on some maps like Evasion, Wasteland, Underpass, Quary. Only on these maps.
    I don't have AA turned on, 1440x900, all high no extra's, don't soften smoke edges. That's all. On singleplayer i don't get this weird stutter.

20. d_paluch01

d_paluch01 Master Guru

GPU:
    Turn some of your settings down! I had the exact same problem, the stutter is more of a freeze for a second or so...very frustrating.

I turned the settings down 1 notch and it still looks good, and haven't had a stutter since! And thats with my system, so with yours this should most definately solve the problem. Specifically the shadow settings!