ATI Catalyst 912 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gerardfraser, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Can someone with a 4870X2 test RE5 DX10 variable benchmark.
    I've tested and 3rd part performance of the test is much lower compared to the others.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    here is how i installed these drivers.

Uninstall ALL ATI software,
    Reboot into Safe mode and run driver sweeper pro
    Reboot into normal mode and install 9.12WHQL drivers
    Reboot and now install 9.12HotFix

My drivers now display that I have 9.12 installed and all the drivers are the correct versions.

3. K3VL4R

K3VL4R New Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870X2
    The built in uninstaller that is built in the ATI driver actually works quite well (Click on the installer and proceed until you get to the page where it gives you the option to install or uninstall). But if you are using Windows 7 and you want to try the method posted above without the WDDM crap installing on you when you reboot, you will need to add this step (listed below) in after step one and revert the step just before installing the new drivers.

This is the only method I could find that actually works, and works 100% of the time, to stop the WDDM crap from installing. Also I have not checked if the hotfix is a complete driver, though from it's size I would guess it is so you may only need to install the hotfix driver and not the official 9.12, but that is up to you.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I am using W7 x64 and this did not happen on my system at all. I have not done what you said to do, or have I deleted any files from system32 folder either. Driver Sweeper seemed to have done that for me.

5. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    i had 9.11 hotfix installed and installed the leaked 9.12's over the top... then yesterday installed the official 9.12's over the top and later installed the 9.12 hotfix... again over the top without any manual uninstalling, safe mode or driversweeping - zero probs

6. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz
    i downloaded'em and something little weird here. it says i have 9.11 installed instead but comparing'em to people on here they seem to be exact seem. it reads 9.11 for some weird issue

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2610/weirddriverissue.jpg

theres my link to the thing i'm talking about.the driver i downloaded from here said 9.12 but in my CCC panel it states it's 9.11...interesting

hopefully my link works

7. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    When i install the hotfix my second card apperas with 0 temp 0 core and 0 memory, weird, if i install the official one it`s ok

I`m still having problems with Saboteur

8. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Same Here, in the odd case where maybe crossfire wouldn´t activate after a new driver install a reboot solves it. I have not needed driversweeper since I used an 8800gt a couple years back.

9. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    If you need CCC to display 9.12 (makes no difference) you will need to install over top of official 9.12, hotfix drivers usually don´t contain version string and it will display whatever was installed before.

Just noticed Pyr0 explained this a couple of posts ago...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  10. Riku

Riku Member

GPU:
    Ati 2x4890 Crossfire

11. K3VL4R

K3VL4R New Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870X2
    That is an issue many have had since Windows 7 beta right to Windows RTM (supposed to be in vista too). Now that I think about it I have not tried installing new drivers without the said method since the newest driver sweeper was released. Even if DS erased the drivers from the driver repository (or is that what you meant by system32 files ?) the WDDM's were installing even when booting into safe mode, before I had a chance to run DS.

Either way the DS would have cleared the wddm's drivers if they did install. For me to consider that I had a clean diver install this is what I did.

1. uninstall via device manager
    2. use said auto install stop method
    3. Reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper and Driver cleaner pro 1.5 (cab cleaner does not work in Windows 7 with 1.5, but it still finds a few driver remnants when cleaning)
    4. Delete C:\ATI C:\ program files (both X86 and X64) ATI* (this step not needed, but I do it anyway)
    5. reboot again and undo auto install method then install new driver.

Anyway I am not going to argue to say what method is better for driver installation. I just find it funny that you have not seen the automatic driver installation slap those WDDM drivers on your computer as soon as it reboots after uninstalling. Or a I the only one with Windows 7 pain in the butt edition ?:p

12. Cubitus

Cubitus Member

13. JPLIKESNOS

JPLIKESNOS New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 3-Way SLI
    I get DirectCompute but no OpenCL

[​IMG]

14. Goliath182

Goliath182 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 Redline
    On the straight 9.12 Cat I dont have the OpenCL highlighted, but DC 5.0 is.

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

same here, i have never used driver sweeper for ati drivers just install over top off old drivers, even when i have not reinstalled windows for 6months and therefore 6 sets of drivers . never have a problem

16. bovjer

bovjer New Member

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon 5750
    so far it has solved my large mouse cursor issue! I hope this will last, because im so tired of this, and that i can finally play fullscreen video. Hope this will last!!

but really good od ati to adress the issue and publish the hotfix!

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I get a minor stuttor in LOTRO with the 9.12 hotfix. Strange thing is though, it only lasts for the first 2-3 mins of initial gameplay when I boot the game. It's totally fine after that.

18. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    hmm gpu-z isnt displaying open cl for me either. Borked drivers?

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Oh no, I have seen the WDDM drivers install on me before with other driver updates I have done. But never in safe mode, it always loads up in 800x600 and never installs anything. But if I was to be in normal mode it would slap on the WDDM drivers. This is why I do it this way, have no idea why they install for you in safe mode?

20. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    do you have the stream sdk installed? You need that for opencl to work.