How Are They Going To Do it?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Dec 16, 2009.

1. helldragon89

helldragon89 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    You know its funny people are opposed to efforts to fix the climate issue, but have little no problem to banks and insurance companies swindling their money away.

Yep, at that moron Palin says, with that half retarded wink eye, "you betcha!"

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yes, recent media praise for China's population reduction (estimated to be around 400 million less people) may influence International law.
    As for the population issue itself though; I don't think theres too many people. I think it's sick we throw away hundred-thousand animals everyday though.

3. In my line of work ive acctually seen a full working electric car, and it was quite attractive. One thing that comes to mind about solar or wind power is that these sources have been around for what? 20 years? And they are just...within the past 5 years been seriously implementing them into the mainstream grid.

Another issue is that if you have a $0bill, then electrical companys will go bust. So weither the government will end up owning all independent power companys remains to be seen. Yeah wryath, im pretty sure they still burn fossil fuels and the problem with electric cars as you stated still remians. Youd have to have the entire grid of power green to make electric cars viable.

Yeah joey, thats a good point mate. The governments spend massive amounts on money, but its never where it needs to be. Helldragon, thats true. It doesnt seem like alot of people are realing standing up. I think thats partly because this economic downturn has in my terms created a world of depression. Poeple think there powerless, and nothing can be done. And even myself sometimes I think..."what can me saving water, recycling do...the planets wrecked anyway"...a bad way of thinking I know.

Stormy, I think enacting population reduction or control would cause massive uproar. I believe you can only take so much away from us as humans...until we revolt, and governments know this. And I agree, I am all for the animals!! defaintly

4. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    In before lock.

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    What I find funny, is people complain about Carbon emissions.

Yet they're not wanting to do anything about it.

We still have loads of Fireworks for New years, Airshows and Fuel Dumps from Jets and other crap.

What people do with cars and other stuff is insignificant. It's large industrial plants that are causing problems.

Not to mention China and other places use far more than anywhere else.

6. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  7. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I fully agree with you, Finchwizard. Cars are not the main problem anymore.

I actually think I saw a legitimate graph of carbon emissions from cars on some Top Gear episode, and how it's been improving a lot, even in petrol and diesel cars. Something about that not being the cause for global warming and all that other rubbish...

They also said something about some politicians claiming the sea level would rise 1 metre in ten years, and then they had some real scientists explaining how that's utter nonsense. There's nothing environmental about it anymore, it's all political.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Is it me or is the entire meeting all designed for the purpose of lip service. To give the general populus the impression that something is being done on a subject that for the most part is now a fundimental cause for our own governements sticking their awe in to our every day business.

They were talking about emission limits being brought in as UN law in effect to force the countries to agree and stick to them. Seriously what happens if America turns round and decides that it's economy can't sustain the cost and introduction of these new emission rules. Does the Un impose sanctions or does everyone gang up and invade American to force them to follow the rules?

Here's a thinker these individuals that have all met up have come from all over the world to discuss something that will

a). Affect most of us to some degree or another
    b). Cost us more cash in one way or another to pay for

They will have all been flown in on private jets and they will all have been driven their by private limo. Can you really take something seriously from a group of people who decide we must cut emissions but instead of using very effect tele-conferencing in stead decided to meet in person to discuss the ways in which they are going to tell US to cut our carbon footprint...

9. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    You know why they aren't allowing anyone to see what's really happening in there?
    They're having a major party. And there's punch.

10. MadHayden

MadHayden Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 570 1.28GB
    In my opinion, it's hard to know what's happening at all with climate change, there's so much speculation and blame that you don't know what to believe.

I mean if it were to be such a big problem, why is the only things that has changed for me is that recycling bins have been put outside the house.

Someone invent a time machine please, then we might get some concrete answers.

11. Finch, I agree with you and can see where your comming from. Individual cars..yes arnt really an issue. each car puts out 19 pounds of co2 per gallon. So say you use 2 gallons per day thats 38 pounds of co2. Times that 38 by the amount of cars on the road...just cars and you get 228,000,000,00 pounds of co2 per day!!

Now thats just cars..its not taking into account, planes, trains, trucks etc etc..can you see how I think it does have an impact in referance to mass. Individual cars...no worrys, add them all up and you hav a problem. There arnt major co2 pumping factorys in CBD areas...they are all outlining the cities. So if thats the case how do we get so much polution concentrated in city centres as labyrinth has pointed out.

I think its got to do with trees...trees are great at chewing up co2. They should line all roofs, sidewalks..everywhere with trees. What I find funny is that we are not hearin anything out of these conferences...anyone else notice that? All we hear is that governments are working to sign a treaty. Whats this treaty have in it? Is it whats needed and most importantly..shouldnt "we the peoples" be able to see it, as its going to primarly affect our lives.

As some have said..its just a giant tea party. Funded by tax payers. Why not hold an open air conferance in central park, or some other national park. No, I believe this isnt a concerted effort, thats being proven everyday by the constant bickering going on.

I agree with hayden...its hard to know whats happening, with so many stories and facts. I think for me, I know the climate is changing. In Melbourne, Australia..we can have the 4 seasons in 1 week. Increase in more powerfull storms...before and after photos of melting caps...it certainly looks like something is happening.

12. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Funny how China gets praise for controlling their population yet they are at the top of polluters. You really want to lower CO2....no more jet planes and lower Cow populations. :) It also lowers people's belief that we have a real problem when the guy leading the charge is Al Gore. He won't practice what he preaches so it must not really be a problem or he'd change his own habits.

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Trees obviously have their use, but most of our oxygen comes from the green life in the ocean, around 88% of it. This means that the ocean also sucks up the majority of the CO2, or at least, the photosynthesising plants in it.

14. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    this +1

deforestation and robbery fishing(dont know exact english term for it, sry) and dumbing waste on seas

stop em plz

15. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    Heal the world, easy

You guys need a lot of words for explain your opinion.

Easy, heal the world

:banana:

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    On the side-topic of oceans; it's worth investigating how industry all over the world is polluting the seas. Prevention of this in my personal opinion is much more worthy than taxing CO2 emissions.

Check out just the fish getting killed by bateria that line beaches.

As for the skies, stop the planes from spraying chemicals...deliberately. Oops, said too much already.

17. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    What id like to know is just exactly is the number of too many humans on a finite Planet we call Earth? What is the magical billion that breaks Mother Earth back? I personally dont want to live like the Japanese do stacking beds endlessly on top of ea. other like a beehive. I stll say Soylent green is gonna taste just like chicken....................I hope its at least formed to at least "look" like a chicken leg........
    Im a lot older then most on this site & after what ive witnessed change in the last 50yrs. I know exactly where we are all heading................and it isnt pretty. Ive seen beautiful clean pristene rivers & lakes turned to sewers...............ive witnessed entire forests turned to waste for building endless housing far as the eye can now see, ive seen the Ocean slowly being changed by pollution as I used to go Saltwater fishing every yr for decades till it petered out same as the inland lakes & rivers did. I havent seen anything positive going on only negative. Houses & concrete & blacktop & waste runoff isnt better then clean rivers & forests, its that simple. I tell myself oh well, the sun someday will be a red giant and engulf the World anyway & then it wont matter I guess.......................yawn.
    Of course we will be long dead way before that event anyway.

18. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Fail big time. :D

19. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Since you mention cow farts:)
    80 millon metrics tons a year is no laughing matter. If they don't isolate the fart gene we are all doomed.

http://netsave.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/do-cow-farts-create-carbon-emissions/

20. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Methane is produced from more than just cows.