Giant Spiral over Norway

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Makalu, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Poor Russians have been trying to get this new Bulava rocket working for a while now but can't seem to get it right.

Apparently Russia's technology sector is in shambles and their Defense subcontractors cannot seem to deliver the complex components and quality materials needed for their new rocket program.

It's crucial for them to get this working because their old Sineva missiles are to big & heavy to fit in their new Borei-class submarines.

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The russian's said that it was their missile that blew up and started to spin uncontrollable :rolleyes:

So yea....

3. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Being able to work with computers, and having degrees in Criminal Justice and Psychology don't lean well to doing complex mathematical or physics calculations. I often read as much I can about physics theories, hypothesis and quite often understand the concepts, I just can't do the math :*(.

4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    LOL

damn russains

Owell maybe the next one they will get it right third time lucky and all that.

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That guy wrote some wise words:

7. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Funny how "wise words" are always something someone agrees with.

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What kind of argument is that? Why yes, of course I agree, else I wouldn't think it was "wise".

9. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Typically, something that is said that is considered wise transcends both sides of an argument and can be universally accepted. You just posted someone's rant that you happen to agree with. It is possible it could be considered clever or even intelligent, though, definitely not wise.

10. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Putin to Bush "Our missile can defeat any missile defense system"

NASA to the Pentagon "Aim for the center of the bullseye"

;)

11. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And, I suppose you are the supreme judge of what could be considered wise and not? Talk about grasping at straws.

12. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    You see, you had an option.

You could have countered with an alternate definition of "wise", what construes a "wise statement", or even found flaws with my definition. You didn't choose this option. Instead you chose sarcasm.

It is my opinion "[that statement] could be considered clever or even intelligent, though, definitely not wise", which is an opinion I formulated based on comparing my definition of wise, with that of the statement. Am I entitled to that opinion, just as you are entitled to yours?

Do you actually have something to add to this topic besides backhandedly insulting anyone with a different opinion? You say you want to find ways that it proves it is a missile, but 90% of the posts you have made in thread lack anything besides dribble. Not to mention I responded to the one post that actually could lead to an actual discussion of information (if you provided links) and you have not even responded to it.

Perhaps go back through this whole thread and ask yourself this, between you and I, who has actually provided more evidence that it was possibly a missile? Though I may be biased, I believe I have.

I am not a mod, I am just a regular member here like everyone else. Though you are a mod, I am going to ask a favor of you as another member. Your post including what you thought was a "wise" statement added nothing to the discussion of the Norway even; it simply restated what you have said many times that you think anyone who doesn't think it is a missile is stupid and only served to inflame those on either side of the debate.

I ask, from one member to another, that you please reserve posting to discussion of debate about what the thing in Norway is or isn't, because this tit for tat insults is only going to get the thread shut down as tempers and words flare.

13. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I don't believe everything is explainable by human beings.

Maybe there is no logical explanation for what happened in those pictures. Maybe it's out of our realm of understanding.

14. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    There have always been people who believed this and time and time again they have been pushed back.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea its a space ship, go run for your life..

geez :rolleyes:

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g

Classic debate tactic.
    When you you can no longer argue your point in a logical manner, you attack the "way"and not the "what" the opponent is arguing. Might as well just say "I have no argument except I know you are but what am I." The thing that really got me though was asking for the thread to be closed because "you" feeln it has reached its potential. Who are you to even think so highly of your opinions in an open forum?
    Anyhoo...
    My guess is wheather. Just plain old weather doin' what weather has done for years, what ever it wants. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  17. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    If this was directed towards what I posted, I didn't say anything about a space ship.

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I asked for debate/discussion of topic, so the thread doesn't get closed. Could have I continued the tit for tat back and forth regarding whether or whether not the quoted material was "wise"? Sure, but how does that at all discuss what the event in Norway was?

How has this post and your post I am responding to contribute to the discussion of that event, it doesn't it is off the main topic. Look, I am not in a very good mood, but I am trying to be polite as I can so that all of us (including myself) discuss the topic at hand, not how stupid people are for believing whatever they think is going on.

19. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    It's a russian missle. Period. No on one in thier right mind would belive other wise. The world in not "that" strange. Makes for great news though. Ooh. Crazy space spiral from outer space no one know what it could be because the government is hidding the truth. Du Du Du DUN!
    Or is it???

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    no:) i was talking to all since there is a strange "conspiracy" going on.. lol

:D