Giant Spiral over Norway

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Makalu, Dec 9, 2009.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    First, learn how a nuke works. Watch a documentary on how the first atomic bombs were detonated, ie: the detonator plugs.

And, radioactive material used as fuel, like in a nuclear sub, is just used to boil water and run a steam turbine.

2. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    Here is a video...

HERE

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

^ lol how can a underground experiment for researching of the big bang theory be responsible for a black hole, nope it wasnt them..

lol inklimited :D
    im not implying anything im just asking and what seemed logical to me, nah im not that interested :p

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Why didn't the spiral fall out of the sky? Like a falling missile.
    Why the heck was it spinning??

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I never heard so much rubbish in all my life. :3eyes:

Anyone with half a brain would know it's the Spaceship from Cocoon...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

to me it looked like it was launched from behind those hills.. about spinning vortex, well i posted one possible theory on the first page, about air distortion making a vortex, but still yea its kinda mysterious the way it spin for so long and at one time it looked like it changed the direction few moments before it expanded and vanished.

lol pill :D

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can assure you that the Russians did not launch a missile from Norwegian waters.

8. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I don't believe anything that any public news station reports right off the bat. I'm supposed to believe that's a missle exploding. Along with a few other people here, I'm not buyin' that.

Someone in this thread said that about half of Russian missles fail, so if Russian missles have the capability of producing a visual like this when they fail or explode, wouldn't people have seen this type of thing in the sky before ?

9. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850

galaxies are created with a spiral shape
    -> norway phenonmenon was created with a spiral shape

universe was created with a big bang
    -> norway's spiral was created in big bang experiment

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The Russians usally test their stuff in the northernmost areas of their own country. Jeeze, they even detonated nuclear bombs without the rest of the world knowing! No one can see it from there. They also happen to have a military exercise in the Barents sea area this week, just where the missile was launched from. It is perfectly normal for missiles in their development phase to fail under tests. This one looked rather spectacular, but I'm 100% certain there's a natural explanation to it.

This typically being the Internet, it will create a spur of conspiracy theories from any any living hobby conspiracy theorist out there. Anything from secret Russian weapons of mind control to the Hadron collider. :rolleyes:

11. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    "The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    that LHC i located in Cern deep underground, and those experiments that they do are in a air tight enviorment since they're highly radioactive.
    http://lhc-machine-outreach.web.cern.ch/lhc-machine-outreach/
    so again thats not it..

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Umm! Interesting video, I'm not sure about the missile explanation tbh. If it was a missile then in the video I would have expected some change in perspective over time and yet this appears to hang in the air. I do however appreciate the perspective can be very, very hard to judge in these situations.

14. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Well, my mind isn't on that type of ****, but I'm not gonna instantly believe what the news reports about everything. I appreciate you layin' out the information for me because I see you live near what happened. I just figured that if what was pictured was a failing rocket or failing missle, that it would've been seen before.

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    That's what makes it weird. If it were natural, why blame it on a missile instead of saying "this is new and unknown, we'll do some more research"?

16. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Because the missile explaination is relatively plausable.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Who's blaming it on a missile? The Russians? Everyone says is is one. Scientists (http://www.vg.no/nyheter/vaer/artikkel.php?artid=596439), the Norwegian military (a press representative from FoH, whose job it is to monitor all military activity in the North, and has done so since the cold war was just interviewed on the news), the Russian Army (although not official....). I mean what more do you want? The Russians are not going to go out officially about this.

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Indeed. Russians arent going to tell anything. They have also used their own artillery (in the past) to fire to their own city, blame other country and attack. They still haven't admited it.

If Norwegian military says it was Russian missile, it was Russian missile, they do know what happens in their airspace.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    maybe they are testing portals :D

20. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    maybe Santa Claus is swapping out the Aurora's for some swirly CFL's to save energy...or maybe David Copperfield is getting ready to hypnotize Norway and make them all cluck like chickens on live television...