Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bludd, Nov 25, 2009.

1. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    How is it when i play games full screen the screen stutters and when i play windowed it 's just fine.
    Anyone ?

When i turn off sli and then enabled it again i can play full screen with no problem. But this i have got to do after every reboot.

This is my problem with all the 195... series.

2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    offcourse you have dx11 in W7... *facepalm2.0*

(using it is a different storie as is the special instructions that you gpu doesn't get)

3. dgraham

dgraham Member

GPU:
    NONE
    Iam on Vista 64 m8

4. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    BIG WARNING !!!!

DO NOT INSTALL NVIDIA System Tools with ESA support 6.05 !!!!
    It will break the Control Panel and you can't open it anymore.

I first installed drivers, and then the NVIDIA System Tools with ESA support 6.05 without checking the Control Panel first and I first thought that it was a driver problem, so I reinstalled the drivers , checked the control panel, which then worked. After reinstalling the NVIDIA System Tools with ESA support 6.05 Control Panel didn't work anymore.

So I just went with Rivatuner, which sucks tbh since I loved the function in the NVIDIA System Tools where you could set up a rule in relation to the fan speed / GPU temp ... something which is impossible to do with Rivatuner :-/

Hoping they will update their System Tools (aka Ntune) asap ffs.

Can't report on the drivers yet, hoping they rock.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    As I thought my Fallout 3 crashes where caused by using the ALchemy DirectSound applet and/or the X-Fi card running in Entertainment mode. The game doesn't crash if I remove the Fallout 3 from ALchemy and change the X-Fi audio mode to Games.

It still stutters though for some weird reason when the game is v-synced and running well above 60 fps. These stutters, which can be seen while spinning around on the spot, cause split-second framerate drops. It's not annoying enough to ruin the game but it's an issue that shouldn't exist IMO.

6. Sher-e-Khuda

Sher-e-Khuda Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB
    I had a Dragon Age Origins crash. Vantage score has dropped considerably.

7. Bludd

Bludd Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 285
    Yes, so the problem is RivaTuner not knowing about these new drivers and it looks in the wrong place.

The driver installer is OK and the drivers are installed OK.

8. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    All the 195.xx series drivers are horrable. SLi+DX10=BIG */@%&$^. Unigine Benchmark and Battleforge freeze badly. How the hell nVidia has got WHQL on them?! Back to 191.07.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    DirectX 11 support was added to Vista via a Windows Update around the time Windows 7 was released. Unlike DirectX 10, Microsoft have not restricted the newest DirectX to the latest version of Windows.

10. dgraham

dgraham Member

GPU:
    NONE
    Thank you

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I'm at a loss of what to do.

182.50 allows all my Source mods to work, but with 195.62, it seems all my OpenGL games run awesome...

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

If you play L4D2 don't install these. I don't know where they screwed but it's REALLY laggy with dynamic shadows, even with the shadows coming from bullets fire lights. It's not happening in .55

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Weird, L4D2 runs better for me than with the 191.07, maxed out.

14. soddit112

soddit112 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX560 Ti
    installed here fine

do make sure you have the newest version of 6.05, i have a version from about april, same version number, different size and it caused similar issues to the ones you are describing. uninstalled, downlaoded new version and all is good. i dont know why they didnt bother to change the version number, because tbh it seems rather updated to me

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I might do a last test... *sigh* lol

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Eh...not sure I agree with rolling the WHQL thread into the BETA thread as who is complaining about which version. Oh well.

17. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Try msi afterburner software , there is a great fan profile maker in it.
    Speed linked to temps , you make your on curve.
    It runs on every brand of gpu.

18. wickedkae

wickedkae Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 480
    drivers work perfect for me in L4D2.

19. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    6.05 worked fine on 195, the ntune driver just a tendancy of revering my gpu fans PWM logic

this new version is 6.05.06 going by the driver itself.

20. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    if you went with the upgrade installs a few times, then open up C:\windows\System32\DriverStore

you will require the Take Ownership tweak / reghack.

search the folder for nv_disp and use the take ownership command on the nv_disp folders, then modify the folders security permissions and apply full control to everyone and your own useraccount, ignore the can't change permission error messages and then delete the folder.

I don't think CCleaner and Driversweeper are able to delete anything in those folder as they lack System permissions.

doesn't FO3 require 64voice support? in entertainment mode i think the driver limits it to 32 voices, and in game mode uses the full 128.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009