Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bludd, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    186.18 is best driver for fallout 3

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Give this guy a try. Works well with fo3 & codmw2. Removed studder, which used to happen with a fast turn or looking at the sky. Hell with your setup you should have no problems.

3. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    really smooth and fluid in Warhead..

[​IMG]

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI
    Still having issues on L4D2 with the frame rate sharply dropping whenever the map changes. Only fix is changing an in game setting or alt+tabbing. This does not occur with the 191.07 WHQL. Only happens with the 195.xx series. Frustrating.

5. Firekage

Firekage New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260 896MB
    I've got one question : do you have stuttering when entering corridors? As a matter of fact Mirror's runs smooth on many drivers that i've tested so far but the only place that shows that it's something wrong with game is corridors. I'm nod programmer but i think that corridors are like some kind of "memory buffers". Ti's kinda funny cause many of us have 4GB sticks...

I've recorded movie with this but it was on sendspace and they've propably deleted it till now. You can check this in several places:
    -tower, checkpoint a, past the first red door. Run as fast as you can trough the dor, enter right side right a way and dont stop, run till you past red valve
    -prologue-edge (i'm not sure if this is the right name for this level, i've played in polish version), checkpoint a. When you've made a big jump and enter corridor with stairway that goes up(after the stairway we have to jumb on the vent. shafts) - stutterings occurs.

It's not dependant on drivers, also PhySX doesent fix it at all.

(btw - if Mirror's goes slow after the game have installed it's own physX, delete :
    - folder called PhysXLocal in binaries
    - file named PhysXCore
    - file named PhysXDevice (both in binaries - binarirs is in root installation folder of Mirror's )

I've testet it on 4 systems (also with 64 bit) and the same thing occurs after game have installed its own PhysX (i'm not sure if it occurs when we''ve installed game firstly, and after thad new drivers)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    do u run adaptive power mode?

7. Daemos of Chaos

Daemos of Chaos Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 @ 895/2150
    I am sad to report that these drivers still cause Fallout 3 to lag on the gtx260, lol, stop failing nvidia!

On Windows 7 x64, down from 70 fps with everything on full and 8x AA to 20 fps, LOL.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  8. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    was getting some weird pauses/stutter during warhead benchmark with these, 191.66 has higher avg fps and no pauses/stutter..
    borderlands, pes2010, dow1, warhead working great with 191.66 quadro here.. :coffee:

9. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Still no SLI profile for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising!? God dammit, that game came out back in October, Nvidia. The first week in October. Now, November is almost over now... and... still no SLI profile for Dragon Rising. What is the freaking holdup, Nvidia? You know there should have been an SLI profile for this game the day it came out. This kind of delay is just inexcusable.

:cussing:

10. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    It's because, from a driver development standpoint, Windows 7 might as well be Windows Vista Second Edition. The driver foundations for both OS are virtually identical, especial now that Vista has DX10. There's a very little that a driver developer has to do to make a Vista driver work with Windows 7. Hell, most of the time drivers that were written for Vista before Windows 7 came out will work with Windows 7 without changing a single byte of code.

11. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    These are now available in full WHQL flavour on the nVidia site!

12. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    yep fallout 3 still stutters when turning fast or looking at the sky. But what the heck fps are very good:) also these drivers give me best performance in Crysis and Crysis Warhead. keepers for me :)

13. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Yeah, except trying to get the Windows 7 x64 driver from there results in a "page not found" error. That's probably just temporary, though. I'll try it again in a few hours.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Except in my case the 60 Hz resolution is no longer listed as a custom resolution. The custom 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz resolution does appear in the 'Add Resolutions' section but it is no longer shown separately as under 'Custom Resolutions' but as one of the standard 'PC' resolutions along with the 59 Hz equivalent (it is listed as 1920x1200 (native)).

So it looks as if you're right but it appears to be a positive side-effect of doing an upgrade install so I, for one, am happy that I did NOT do a clean install.

I've tested about a dozen games and these drivers are great; not quite perfect but way better than the 195.55 beta ones I tried last week. For starters, the two games I had issues with, PES 2010 and Operation Flashpoint: DR, no longer crash and of the others I tested, Doom 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Unreal Tournament III, Resident Evil 5, Need for Speed SHIFT, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Gears of War, Borderlands, Mass Effect and NBA 2K10 all seem to be working perfectly. That includes forced game profile AA for Unreal Engine 3 games too. Good stuff.

What stops these drivers from achieving perfection on my system is that Mirror's Edge has screen tearing even when enabling the in-game V-Sync option. This can be fixed by forcing it on via the game profile or by using D3DOverrider though so it's not a big deal.

The other problem I came across was with Fallout 3 which seemed to freeze for a split second after loading my save game and eventually froze completely with a 'not responding' error forcing me to exit the game using Task Manager. That was using the Xbox 360 controller though. However, when I tried the game later using just the mouse and keyboard I still got the split second freezes post load (approx. three) but it eventually started running smoothly and without freezing. I didn't play it long enough though to confirm whether it was permanent or not. I'm not convinced this is a driver issue though as it has been a while since I've played it so it may be something else that is causing it to crash (the new Diskeeper 2010 and its Intelliwrite feature for example?).

All in all, I'm very happy with these drivers so I'll be keeping them. This is the first 195.xx driver set that has actually worked properly for me.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not on the UK site they're not.

16. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    These seem spot on for me, and even though nvdisp.dll is missing, i've had no RivaTuner problems.

Will wait for the UK version of the whql's, can't have Colour spelt wrong :p

18. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    click a link and in the address bar change the (us) bit to (uk) and you`ll get the international version....

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I've been told that using a Driver Cleaner in Windows 7 is pointless, is this true or what? Thanks.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well every time i use a driver cleaner in Windows7 it finds things to clean, so no, not pointless.

Does it make a difference? 9times out of 10 prob not, but considering it only takes few minutes, its better to get it done at the beginning, rather than waiting for problems to crop up, especially when Nvidia makes major changes to the driver.