Dragon Age

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mcharj11, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    You know that you can just use an injury kit to heal your injuries right?

Drakes don't have an instant kill attack. If you're referring to Overwhelm, it can be interrupted with any kind of CC.

Lmao you are mentioning Dragon Age's storyline/writing and Oblivion in the same sentence?

Try tilting/rotating/zooming the camera. It's not rocket science.

You realize you can pause the game and issue commands to smooth out the "cluster ****" right?

This might be part of your problem. You do need to pay attention to equipment and upgrade your party's items if you want to succeed.

Another pro tip: hit escape and it skips dialogue for people with the attention span of 6-year-olds.

Overall my advice would be to learn to play.

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    the juggernaut armour isnt as good as the blood dragon and not much better than the commander armour, its pretty good but i hear theres better than the blood dragon...

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I totally hate sports and fighting games. Yep, to each their own.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

[Wade's dragon plate armor is better]

5. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    in terms of aesthetics, i prefer the blood dragon armor

6. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    strange an army of cats appeared and blocked my way when i was entering the elven part of the city will post screen shot later in the RTFM thread

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i have seen the cats lol i thought it was a wth is this moment, some kinda easter egg by the devs i guess.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Sure hope so.. I mean the game seems really cool and all, the dialogue is sweet voice acting is fantastic, and the detail and the atmosphere is really immersive. I just feel like its a pretty cumbersome combat system. Like, when projectiles get shot at you, I find it hard to avoid them, which is a part of character movement I guess, but then in fights I just feel like I stand there getting pelted by attacks that disrupt my spell I'm trying to do, and then I get schooled instantly.. pretty weak actually. Plus, if you try to run away from your enemies for a sec to try and regain some life, they can move as fast as you can! Maybe some enemies dont, but the ones I get stuck with do, and is there not a run key? Can your char only run the one speed??
    If so that kinda sucks :(

I wonder if I should have just played as a different character since Mage so far is frustrating to me big time..

9. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Mage is probably the most powerful character actually. The CC they have is amazing. Try out cone of cold and force field; they will make a world of difference.

You mentioned avoiding missiles, which as far as I know isn't very possible. You can stand behind cover, which will absorb projectiles, but if you're out in the open you can't really dodge them.

The best way to kite enemies is to stun them, slow them, or hit them with some kind of CC. Like you said most enemies can keep up with you if you don't have haste on.

10. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm looking to play this game over again but I'm wondering something... is there a way to copy my characters appearance or perhaps load it into the character creator somehow? My character looks almost identical to me IRL and that's cool.

...I've always wanted to be a mage... :p

11. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    What does CC mean??

12. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    CC stands for Crowd Control.Fearing,petryfing,slowing down enemies..anything that stops an NPC from attacking you in some way

13. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    Ah I see.

Well I also found mage to be easiest if you play it as your main char. The pre-chosen spells when you get Morgana or Wynne to join your group are so bad, you'd rather want to play a mage yourself just to be able to choose spells from the beginning. Especially Morgana's Spells at level 7 are soo noobishly chosen, that I have a hard time imagining how she became level 7 in the first place. Not a single damage spell except drain life (cooldown 20sec rofl) and all others suck so hard. It would take at least another 7 levels to make her useful. That's why it's best to take over the whole mage business yourself.

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Wanny: ah ok, you know when you give him the dragon scale, does he make the full set of armour? can i give him the drake scales first?

15. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I was getting really into this game.. and then i realized you cant go outside of the main land, i was under the impression that you could go to orleas so i did everything else i could first... so now i have an army of werewolves, templars, arls knights, dwarves, and anytime soon leprechauns. the world is too small.. only 1 major city and a few (few) shanty towns next to a masssssive castle doesnt strike me as a plausible economy (its sad but i notice those things). I have been spoiled by oblivion, fallout 3, dungeon siege, neverwinter nights, diablo 2, etc. why is it so hard to get gear that doesnt suck at the like 5 retailers in the game? I have wynne who is the only thing keeping my party alive with her healing spells! pifnbsifnj d (end rant).

Besides that I loved the game.. Now I just dont know what to do in the game or where to go. I am wandering around after the landsmeet

i wish they would just remake throne of bhaal

16. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    I wonder what would happen if you totally messed up the smith work at Wades

Like, giving him the dragon scale first, and the drake scales afterwards?? :D
    Would he make 2 superior drake scale armors then or something even better?

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It bugs, I did it like that, had a dragon scale and several drake scales and gave the drake first plus payed extra for them, then after returning (Have to leave Denerim and then travel back for the script to trigger.) I received those leather armor pieces and gave the dragon scale, did the same and got the plate but the shop owner complained, gave the rest of the drake scales during the conversations and paid extra but trying to speak to either of them again afterwards gave the dialogue about them being closed and me not being welcomed anymore.
    (Instead of getting two leather suits, one of superior quality, and the superior dragon plate armor and then the shop closes.)

EDIT: Had two other quests at the end as well that due to being triggered in the wrong order kinda froze.
    (Finding those thieves or what they are and collecting some items.)

18. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    so i should give the drake scales first, the the dragon scales, i read he shuts down after so will buy everything i want from him first, as he has some good stuff.

19. djwid63

djwid63 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 6850
    This game has me hooked 12 hours everyday... I finished the game twice, 2nd run was with the DLC content and now I'm starting anew. Just thought I'd post my creations... which you may be familiar with. :)

Alba-ness!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

da man...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hey nice jessica alba ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.