Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.55

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Nemes1s, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    quadro drivers are often more stable than mainstream drivers and you can install them with a modded .inf in the nvidia driver folder, only downside is sometimes max fps is lower than normal drivers but lowest framerate is more stable with quadro drivers

this set works fine now, no idea wat was wrong with them at first install (no i havnt reinstalled them) they now working fine and until another game crashes which farcry 2 did once with the nvlddmkm error it hasnt since and all other games including mw2 run perfectly, any recurrence and i will be bk to 191.66 quadro

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Its better to run DriverSweeper from Safe Mode.....

3. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    +1

always better to run driversweeper in safemode

4. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    my experience with quadro drivers is totally different with higher max fps n higher min fps just better drivers all round , however the 195.55 are as good as 191 and 191.66 quadro with exactly same performance and look just as good so for me these are the best drivers nvidia have produced for desktop with my 275 gtx , fc 2 , mw2 , shift , gta 4 all are running slightly faster than 191 which were slightly faster than 191.66 so i would recommend these to 200 series owners , especially single gpu users as i cant comment on sli

5. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    my gtx 295 single pcb 1 of the gpu clocks stuck in 3d mode
    my 3d vision ir transmitter was refusing to work the driver would not recognize it
    finally got it working somehow but the 3d effect is not as good as the 191.07
    otherwise very good driver

6. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    RivaTuner works OK, 2D/3D frequencies looks fine, STALKER Pripyat Benchmark runs fine.
    I don't have any games ATM and I don't play 3DMarks. :)

7. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    i dont know what you guys are doing wrong here, these are the best drivers ever released. iv just finished doing a full test on them on the kids pc which is a q9650, 8gig ddr3 ram and gtx260 216.
    no problems in all the games iv tested on the computer. here is a screenshot to show what games there are on the system since its gonna take me too long to make a manual list of them.

[​IMG]

now i need to put the kids to bed and get back to some crysis wars online. :)
    fantastic drivers overall, the best nvidia have done todate.

8. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Wow! Nice collection you got there Cyber-Mav...You probably didn't test all of them???

9. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    yep tested all games, even the kids bratz games which are mostly 2d stuff. took ages to test but its all good.

you can now add lego indiana jones 2 to that list too since iv installed that today and the kids have been playing it for ages now and its running perfectly fine with this driver. im gonna stick to this driver now and wont bother updating untill next year.

also i always keep a backup of my nvapps.xml file, its taken me time to set the profiles for a majority of the games installed, it would be hell if id have to redo the profiles for all the games again from scratch.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Hi Hunter.
    Good advice on that and I did exactly the same. However I also ran CCleaner Registry Cleaner after rebooting from safe mode and it picked up all this lot.

Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\PhysXLoader.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\PhysX.cpl HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelGerman.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelFrench.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelSwedish.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelJapanese.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelTraditionalChinese.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelSpanish.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelSimplifiedChinese.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelPortugese.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\Windows\system32\AgCPanelKorean.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.4 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.1\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.1\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.5 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.5\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.5\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.6 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.6\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.6\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.1\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.1\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.3.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.3.2 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.3.3 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.4.0 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.4.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.4.4 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.5.0 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.5.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.5.2 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.5.3 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.5.4 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.0 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.1 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.2 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.3 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.0 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.0\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.0\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.2 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.2\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.2\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.3 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.3\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.3\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.4 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.4\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.7.4\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.0 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.0\AG1011 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
    Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.8.0\AG1021 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

So it just goes to show that even after uninstalling then in safe mode running Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner.NET there is still a load of crap left.

11. VERRY

VERRY Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850
    GTA4 crash to desktop

alredy uninstal this driver

12. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    These drivers seem to be annoying with video players using Hardware Acceleration..
    The Video breaks from the center.. like it's out of sync..

13. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    same problem here.

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i had that too after i used driversweeper, its leftovers in registry and i use ccleaner too, it also removes nvfiles/leftovers when you install to a newer driver so its quite handy :)

btw thats nothing wrong good thing you did it, i forgot to mention it in the first place :nerd:

15. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    odd i had no problems with gta4 and these drivers, are you guys patched up to latest version 1.05 patch?

16. plexdude

plexdude Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gefore GTX 260 896MB
    Seems kind of ridiculous that people who want to run these older OpenGL games are forced to resort to 3rd party tools to "fix" the things newer drivers broke but still possibly benefit from other tangible inmprovements they offer over older drivers. I don't believe users should have to make this kind of compromise. There's got to be a way Nvidia can tweak these drivers for a more trouble-free out-of-box experience. How frustrating this whole matter is.

17. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    you can enable the opengl extension limit option in the regular nvidia control panel which is what i have done for the global profile. i have nothing that requires the newer opengl extensions anyways.

18. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    DXVA tears unless vsync is enabled on the app. noticed that with Dscaler long time ago.

19. plexdude

plexdude Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gefore GTX 260 896MB
    I see exactly what you are saying, however, the "extention limit" option is not even available in the 195.55 set... well at least not for me anyways. Therefore, it looks as if the use of nHancer IS the only way to fix them. What a shame, this is just unacceptable. I guess I'll be stuck on old drivers for quite some time... I just hope not indefinitely.

20. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    I noticed that as well with this driver. My gpu 1 is stuck in 3D mode and will not downclock. I had the same issue with 195.39 as well....