Folding@Home - Join The Fight!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    i'm going to be using one of my 9600GT's once i get a 300 series... dont really have the cash for one tbh! ;)

2. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Will someone please tell me how to join.. was with evga.. but now I want guru3d, as well as the benchmark club/team

3. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    change the team number to: 69411

i may have a 275 going fairly cheap in the next couple of week if ya interested

4. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    maybe, no guarantee though since i'm saving for a car atm, and the 300 series.
    possibly though, post it over @ the F/S section. i'll check it out. ;)

might be able to get a 9400GT Or better yet a 9500GT from work, though.

5. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    team changed! :)

6. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    it'll be 24 hours before you start showing points for Guru3D, are you folding on ya 5000 series cards?

7. JTWorks

JTWorks New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4670 750/1746
    Joined the Fold

Hi all. Joined 69411 as a favour in response to the use of Driver Sweeper. Loving ATI drivers got a little easier with Sweeper. Err, maybe love is too strong a word.

Just bought the Sapphire HD 4670 and CCC 9.9 was giving me random blank screens. After going back to 9.8 (with help from DS), Folding has been a good test for PSU/GPU problems. It was 9.9. Sigh. Just when I give her a chance again she kicks me in the nads.

Soon I will install the WinVII32b upgrade. Shall I go to 9.10 or stick with 9.8? I'll be keeping an eye on the drivers forum. BTW what is this 9.10 silliness? After 9.9 comes 10.0. ATI...grrr.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    After months of monitoring and verifying temps, my GTX275 has finally started folding.

ATI's driver versions are done by year/month.....9.9 = released September 09....9.10 = released October 09.

UPDATE: I attempted to leave F@H-GPU running all day....but at roughly 11:22am EST, for some unknown reason...my system rebooted. I'm currently looking into buying a new PSU.... Got the message: "Event ID 41: Kernel-Power". This is on Windows7HP RTM.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  9. JTWorks

JTWorks New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4670 750/1746
    Yes thanks for that info, I seem to be confusing the MMC with the CCC version designation.

Turns out I have random blank screens with 9.8 too after almost a week of stability and folding. According to the ATI event viewer there were all manners of reasons for the screens. Seems like it's drivers related just by how it correlates with different power-up sessions, some are more unstable than others. I google up on blank screens and everyone seems to have a different opinion of what/why/how except the people that ought to, AMD/ATI. Too late to RMA Newegg for the card (time to ship from Canada to California). But the card is stable again anyway, for now. (reloaded drivers, default settings, different session etc...)

Maybe it's the card, maybe it's the new PSU, maybe it's the mobo, maybe it's the drivers, maybe it's .NET, maybe it's XP... More than once I swore not to do ATI again, but I thought maybe since AMD bought them... Maybe, maybe. Maybe modern graphics is so complex there's no hope!

Not folding for now until I figure this out or it ends. So I will post in the ATI Drivers section if this continues. Or keep the suffering to myself since I'm not sure more questions are helpful when there are so many variables..

10. cyberjunk

cyberjunk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 285+EVGA GT 240

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm running F@H on Win7HP with a GTX275....some attempts, things work....others, I get a BSOD or random reboot for no reason. I've checked event viewer and see no cause for either....just the subsequent error message that informs me that Windows was restarted without being shutdown properly

12. cyberjunk

cyberjunk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 285+EVGA GT 240
    Try clocking your quad core back to stock speeds, that might fix any stability issues you have.

13. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    is your GPU overclocked, if so reduce the clocks and try it, folding will stress your gpu more than any game will

my 275 has clocks of 725/1566/1296 for stable folding, but i can game and bench at 725/1620/1296

14. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Joined! :banana:

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My clocks are set based on stress tests that are far worse than anything F@H-GPU can throw at it. Last test, it ran IBT for 30 passes with no errors and no concernable temp increase (only reached 56C according to RealTemp). IBT is far more stressful, than F@H-GPU, for the CPU to run... Hell, my processor says at 1.6ghz (SpeedStep "low-power" clocks) running F@H-GPU when my quad isn't OC'd....2.4ghz when it is OC'd

The card is rock solid at the clocks BFG set...and at 700/1200(2400mhz effective)...the problem was windows.....MS was nice enough to ship some Win7 discs with corrupt drivers.

16. cyberjunk

cyberjunk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 285+EVGA GT 240
    Gotta love Microsoft and their fail drivers. :D

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't know if the corrupt drivers are directly microsoft's fault or not as they simply package the drivers they are provided by the manufacturers. It could have been the result of faulty equipment, the manufacturers, or a screw-up on MS's part....just don't know for sure.

18. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    newegg got the open box 9600GSO back in stock, just ordered! :D

EDIT: now running at 4,000 total PPD on my box @ home. :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm looking at around 8500-9000ppd currently....can't get SMP client to work, so I'm running multiple instances of the CPU client.

20. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    have you thnought about running the vm client?