Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.55

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Nemes1s, Nov 17, 2009.

1. aly_mohy1

aly_mohy1 New Member

GPU:
    gefocre 8500
    run when shift to 195.50

2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Once again this driver is utter brilliance for my mobile gpu *WOOT*

3. brunoheitor

brunoheitor Guest

GPU:
    Asus EN9800 GT 512Mb
    My problem in OFP dragon Rising is the same

4. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I got alot of stuttering on shattered horizons with these...i guess what you would call microstuttering? like its smooth and then ill get a little blimp every 5 seconds or so, just makes it annoying. which sucks because i was getting about 4 fps more in that game with these drivers. back to 191.07

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It doesn't matter whether it's classed as a bug, expected behaviour or a feature, the fact remains that at least one game has issues with Windows reporting the desktop as 59 Hz. That game is Pro Evo Soccer 2010 which doesn't allow you to set v-sync through the Settings executable if the desktop is 59 Hz (the option is greyed out), not that that is a big deal as it can be forced via the control panel or D3DOverrider.

What is an issue though is that at 59 Hz, the replays and cut scenes are capped at 30 fps. Create a custom resolution at 60 Hz and those same replays and cutscenes run at 60 fps when v-synced and, yes, v-sync is selectable too. So the framerate is halved all because of this 59/60 Hz thing. At 59 Hz the game also stutters intermitently too but at 60 Hz it doesn't at all.

If one game has problems with the desktop at 59 Hz (even though the monitor's OSD shows it is actually 60 Hz) then there's a good chance that future games may have issues too.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just tried PES 2010 now and I'm getting the same error albeit I'm running the patched v1.1 version.

Looks like I'll be restoring my PC back to the previous drivers tomorrow then...

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    And Operation Flashpoint: D.R. crashes too, like the poster above.

Yuck... it's looking like these really are beta drivers after all. I've never had games crashing like this before, usually the beta drivers work fine with games. Going to rollback to the 191.07 WHQL drivers for definite.

8. plexdude

plexdude Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gefore GTX 260 896MB
    OpenGL apps are still broken in this release. I'm back to 190.62. In particular, SOF2 still fails to load. How can they keep releasing drivers that are so bad an old game can't even launch? Absolute garbage. I have a feeling it's going to be forever until Nvidia's driver developers are even aware that this is an issue. Come on Nvidia... give us something that actually works!!!

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    too many negatives with this release.. i'll pass and not waste the time on them.

10. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    This Opengl-Problem is only a profile problem.
    When you use nHancer, you have to set "driver extension limit" to "11a8" in the profile of SOF2.
    Works for all broken Quake3-Engine-Games like RTCW e.g..

11. guderiancol

guderiancol Member

GPU:
    EVGA 295 gtx
    Yea mapel110, i think that the new drivers have to be "fixed" with nhancer, i got problems runing heaven benchmark (ungine), plz just use nhancer in everygame that u want to play and im sure that many of issues can be solved... try it.,, and thanks with "driver extension limit" to "11a8" my rtcw now is runing again the texture vertex arrays because they were broken since i get my 295 gtx...i love u.

12. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    use 4844 rather than 11a8....

13. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    One minute GTA4 works, the next it crashes right after loading. Going back to 191.66

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Windows 7 Issues
    • When switching the refresh rate from 59 Hz to 60Hz, the refresh rate remains at 59
    Hz..
    See the Microsoft KB article KB2006076 at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2006076.

this is from release notes.. page 20

and one member had problems with WOW its a issue with the driver too..

• World of Warcraft – there is a 60% drop in performance when running the game in
    windowed mode with SLI or multi‐GPU mode enabled. [289427]
    This is due to a limitation of the Windows Vista operating system and affects all multi‐GPU
    systems. NVIDIA is investigating a workaround for this performance problem.

15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Runs MW2 nicely at 120 hz on Win 7 Ultimate..... maxed settings at 1680x1050 Keepers. Sli and multi gpu mode enabled. Ambient Occl. etc. Nice to finally have a MW 2 profile.

16. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    i got terrible stuttering in crysis with the last drivers. it made it completely unplayable. do these drivers fix that?

17. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    Yes, saw that numbers too. But do you know the difference?

18. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    New drivers!!!!!!!!
    Well, My mobo is death, When I receive new one I checked up...
    sorry my english, is very bad!!!!

19. gbinfukdover

gbinfukdover Member

GPU:
    280sli,EK,756,1550,2700
    Doesnt return to 2d clocks for me in dragon age or codmw2 and no gpu2 temp wtf all these 19x.xx drivers have been pap for me back to 186.18 again ffs nvidia come on

20. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have been playing through Crysis again on hard and am about half way through , I changed the driver from 191.07 to 195.55 today and went in to play some more because I was getting some "slight" texture flashing issues. After installing I 195.55 noticed that Ambient Occlusion was no longer available for this game , it says "Not supported for this application" (see image below)...which is strange because I was using through half the game with the 191.07. Is this just a fluke or did maybe my driver not install correctly.

[​IMG]
    (note: I set some settings in the NV CP to try to make Crysis run better and these settings seem to help)

Also it has some strange performance issues with crysis , pauses and stuttering both in video type playable scenes and in the sp game itself that were not there in 191.07 , however they are not constant.

I just finished the COD MW2 SP game and it seemed to play very well on all high settings , but Crysis has some serious issues with this driver for some reason.