The Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by [ R ], Nov 17, 2009.

1. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    since the game is officially released now i think its time it gets its own thread so far the game is absolutely amazing

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Care to elaborate ? Your description is somewhat vague. Did you play the first one and how is the 2nd one better then the 1st one ?

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I liked the demo better than the first one.
    I have the game installed and waiting for me when I get home from work today.

4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Was gonna buy it but learned it ain't out till the 20th in Europe. **** 'em, gonna forget about it now.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It unlocked this morning and has been fully playable since for me, unsure how the various release dates work though.
    (US, Asia, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, UK, Scandinavia and probably a few others, heh.)

6. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    valve words:
    "l4d2 won't split the community"

so no, lets go back to one thread / jk of hate ;p /jk

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

hey guys I downloaded a 3 gb demo. Can I 'unlock' the full game from this demo or I gotta redownload the whole new game?

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    perhaps if you copy the content left 4 dead 2 demo folder to the left 4 dead 2 folder, otherwise not :D

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Meh, this is pretty much stopping me from buying it. I figured that a freaking 3 gb demo was a locked version of the full game.

10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Well I played the demo and it felt exactly the same as the first one, there's something missing on the game play and it's not content (to me) the same reason why I didn't like crysis

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No the total size of the game is about 6,6GB

Do you have a download limit ?

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea I do. I wouldn't worry otherwise :(

In Quebec, we have cheapass pricy internet providers.....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  13. 9inchnails

9inchnails New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI 4830
    Is any one have issues with this game? I can't play this game for 2 minutes without it crashing to the desktop with no error messages. Anyone have any tips on what may be the issue here?

14. Sobaka89

Sobaka89 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 SC
    Can anyone say if this game is worth it if you played the original to death? So far it just seems like a bunch of various enhancements that probably should have been released as patches.

Don't get me wrong it's still a great package I'm sure - but to me it is as if they were to take all the class updates for Team Fortress 2 and re-release the game as Team Fortress 3; at the core it is still the same however. Is this true for L4D2?

15. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I played the orginal L4D a lot.. probably 200 hours or more in total. I been playing L4D2 for the last few hours, and it is absolutely worth it IMO. New weaps, new tactics, new enemies, and the melee weapons are pure fun. :p

Also, each campaign is completely different in atmosphere, has individual map voice acting, as well as having its own special common infected enemies.

I can't wait to get into some versus mode on these new maps, with the new spcial infected. The maps are much more roomy with just enough linear design to keep the player from getting confused.

Well worth the 34.00 (USD) I paid. Would have been worth it at the full price of 50.00 IMO. :D

Edit: @ Mods - Would you please correct the the spelling of this thread title :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

What's wrong with a THERAD ?!? :p

edit: Well I just bought it... I never played the first one at all so I figured buying the 2nd one will just be a better experience.

I can understand when people played the first one and are a bit off by the 2nd one. But it's not really my case here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    LOL

[​IMG]

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wow I get crashers when I set no-AA :( Since I don't need AA at 1920 well I want to turn it off but I can't play it at all. Game only works with 2x AA or more. Weird o_O

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

edit : Ok well nvm I forced no-aa through Nhancer and no more crash. If it ever happens to someone else, do that lol.

FAIL I quoted totally sorry....

20. DES_MX

DES_MX Guest

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    Downloading now. The reviews all over the net state about 9/10 or 85% ish. Which is good. I've played the demo, and it is loads of fun. If the game would have been free i'd be even happier however. Here in europe it is 49,95EUR on steam (was 44,95 pre-release, but I wasnt sure whether i want to get it).