Over Sexualized Society

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 13, 2009.

1. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    The 2 Live Crew was some clean wholesome "good" rap when I was in high school. :D

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    My flatmate just came into my room to see why I was laughing so hard..I showed her your post. lmao

Yep things were different back then alright, rappers like 2Live Crew never mentioned sex in their lyrics ever....it would ruin their clean-cut image...

Banned in the USA...

And lets not forget N.W.A.... and Eazy-E, they were good clean lads . :p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    The odd thing is people saying that this new content will make kids have images in their head, when all of us here are gamers. Do you like when someone says that Grand Theft Auto is a murder simulator and should be pulled from shelves so little Johnny will be ok? Of course not. As a parent just use your mind set to decide. Also, I watched the Miley Cyrus video. It made me happy because she was hot, but she doesn't do anything dirty besides show her legs. Her hip movements are dancing.... what else would you dance with?

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Actually, I had just transitioned from 2 Live Crew (various songs to include Dick Almighty, We Want Some Pu$$y, etc) to the song She Swallowed It by NWA when I posted my last. But yeah, NWA, 2 Live Crew, and such were Good Wholesome, Clean Cut style rap. The kind I like to listen to.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Eazy E was Awesome I have alot of his music and I can get enough of it along with some others

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Money has won over ethics. What's new?

7. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    While I can't stand Miley's music, nor her looks, I can say that nothing is wrong here. In fact, the U.S. has such taboos about sexual material that I think in some ways, it's undersexed.

Hip-thrusting means nothing - you ought to watch some Bollywood music videos, and your jaw will drop - that's all from a nation with major taboos about anything sexual in society, where kissing wasn't accepted in movies.

Also, she's sixteen. This is basically at the end of/past puberty for most females. The age of consent in many U.S. states is sixteen (such as my own, Ohio). Looking at other nations, this isn't half bad, with Japan and Korea having lower consent ages, among others.

Her revealing clothing is also not something negative, IMO. Quite frankly, there is FAR MORE that is "worse" than this, and as someone commented, really young girls are used as models, which really is far more concerning.

- PR-0927

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    And to add to the above, my 16yo step-sister left NZ 3mths ago to work in Germany for a year, by herself.

So they're 16...so what? They aren't children anymore so why treat them as such.

Imagine if we approached Miley and vented disapproval at her disposition

She'd tell you or me to take a hike....lol.....

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    they are not adults man simple as that.To this day I have only come across a few girls that act like adults but not many.heck if you were to even say that with my co worker they would disagree with you and if you are 19+ and *SPAM* one you will get a lot of crap because most girl don't mentally mature by 16.

EDIT:It is just wrong for a person 19+ to be *SPAM* a minor in my book sorry but I disagree with some of you guys saying its ok when its not.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Wrong for a 19 year old to date a 16 year old...seriously? They could conceivably even go to the same school. You know that in many countries a 16 year old would be starting college, potentially even living on their own.

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    i'm not going to post any more in this topic because it's pointless and its a waist of my time trying to explain my reasons to people that think *SPAM* a 16 year is ok.girl are not really matured until they are in the late teens(19) and go dressing like they are ready when they really arnt. my sister can vouch for what i am saying and she agrees that any guy over 19 *SPAM* a 16 year old is not ok not only that she has been through what these youngsters are doing.

EDIT: I'm talking about in the states

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Did I miss something? When did the topic shift to a 16yo *SPAM* older guys? On that point I agree with you for the most part..

But I might as well tell you that when I lived in the US, I was 23 & had a 16yo gf
    When we broke up she was 18 and I was 25. Her parents adored me btw..:)

Personally I think each situation has to be looked at individually...

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Just because it's legal, does that make it ethically and morally correct to have these little girls doing what they do?

For me, no.

14. mrkrinkle

mrkrinkle Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850

16. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Oh shut up. EVERYONE has seen those pictures, and if you watch music videos you're going to come across miley's eventually.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'll just leave this here to help people with the thread:

[​IMG]

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    maybe older guys with daughters who have Miley as role-model have that fear of their daughter trying to imitate her..
    i understand that very well, it is normal, every dad who does not fear that does not deserve to be a parent at all but..
    for a single guy like me she is just another hot chick who can't wait to be explored, call me sick, i am 22 and single, evey straight dude will think like me, well most anyway

edit: she kinda deserves to be viewed as a skank..

http://www.magazine.ayurvediccure.com/miley-cyrus-in-photo-scandal/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  19. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Helps allot thanks :thumbup:

20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Lol you kidding? Those pics are nothing, you'd see more flesh if you were at the beach.