MOD WAR 2 constant stuttering!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by C|tY, Nov 13, 2009.

1. C|tY

C|tY New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    hi guys,
    So i just downloaded the game today via steam. You can see my system below:
    mobo: gigabyte P35-DS3L
    cpu: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0ghz
    Ram: 2 gigs
    Video: Geforce 9800 GTX (512 mem)
    sound:SB X-Fi
    mon: benq (runs @ 1280)

So i get this constant stuttering when i am playing the game! almost like constant screen shots is i guess the best way to describe it!
    I tried reinstalling the game... nothing
    I tried reinstalling and upgrading to new video drivers.. nothing

Anyone else getting this same issue... I am pretty sure my system should be able to handle this game :) just no clue what is going on :(
    any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    C|tY`

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I am having random hangs while playing the SP/MP. The game hangs for a few moments and then I can just continue playing. It is very annoying, especially in the MP.

A friend of mine, which has a Geforce 8800GT, can play the game fine at max settings.

But concerning your problem. What settings are you playing at? Your graphics card is quite dated.

3. C|tY

C|tY New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX

Well i have tried everything! all low settings all high settings low resolution... high resolution... all result in the same thing... constant stuttering! i dont think my gfx card should be an issue ... not really sure what is going on :( grrr

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Ah ok.

And is your PC only slow in COD, or also under other applications/games?

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    disable pagefile

6. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

I had the same problem, but the i turned off Yahoo Messenger and uTorrent, which where running in backround, and the stuttering stoped, now the game playes fine. So you should try closing any programs that are running in backround, if you have any.
    Hope this helps.

7. C|tY

C|tY New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    this had no effect what so ever :(

8. C|tY

C|tY New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX

ya i made sure i turned everything off ... even went as far as uninstall a bunch of programs...

the thing is... all of my other games are running smooth 100% fine... CSS, FAR Cry2 , Aion, World of Warcraft... they all run fine... the only problem i am having is with MOD WAR 2

9. E.J.Smith

E.J.Smith Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce Titan
    Try this which worked for me [I also couldn't get the game to run on Windows 7 64-bit]: Update your driver. [I'm using 191.07 WHQL]; create profiles for SP and MP in the Nvidia Driver Control Panel; set everything to "application-controlled" and use multisampling; start with conservative settings in-game; increase your settings in-game until you start to encounter instability.

The problem is with the game and not with your system, IMHO.

10. C|tY

C|tY New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    I am not running windows 7... but i will give that a shot later when i get home. even after a fresh install before... leaving all nvidia settings as standard (which i am pretty sure are mostly app controlled) i still could not get the game to work on the lowest settings possible! blah!

C|tY`