Modern Warfare 2 Sells 4.7M in 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Activision Blizzard sent out a press release announcing it sold 4.7 million copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or $310 million of sales on its first day setting a new record for the video game...

More...

2. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Saw it coming, best game this year.

3. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i still wont buy it ;>

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    me neither :)

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Me neither...

Best game this year... debatable

Best selling game this year, more than likely.

6. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Is that a new record or something?

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yep, they beat GTA4 which hold it previously.

atleast that was the case in the UK. USA i dunno

8. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    i beat the game in 4:16

and i am incredibly disapointed. overall it felt more like a bunch of b+ a- movies mixed together in a big bowl.

the rio de janeiro mission = Tropa de elite
    the gulag in russia = The Rock
    the snowspeeder mission = Die Hard Trilogy from PS1

and i mean some things just dont get into my head.

WHY THE HELL are russian army soldiers using weapons like the FN P90, FN FAL, TAR etc. total bull****. i wont even start with stuff like the underslung shotgun... i would have hoped for a litle bit more realism. i dont want a buggy piece of crap like ARMA2 but i dont want the same engine MW1 used to be recycled and then pay 60euro for it just to be able to baet it in 4:16. (thank god i didnt buy it but had a friend come over who wanted to play it on my pc because his rig sucks +.+)
    also us army rangers with FN Scar L/H ? wtf :) the guns feel like BB Guns actualy :( worst **** is that your unable to switch to semi auto... every ****ing gun has a red dot scope orsome weirdo "thermal sights" bs that doesnt exist like this in real life :(

ay.. us army rangers running around with desert eagles as side arms is even better :)

9. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    i bought forza 3 instead... LOL

10. DraZor

DraZor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Borderlands FTW.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Soo much for the drama i see.

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    same here :D

13. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    To anyone who has played on the pc, whats the resolution like, its fixed at 65 degrees?

14. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Not best game, but best-selling game. Single player is still too short for paying all that money. I never bother about multiplayer, but it is said it is not good enough too. I wonder why the reviewers are scoring it so high. The most non-hyped (objective) review I read was the one of http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/game...reviews/134131.Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/, though Gamespot didn't jump to the hype bandwagon either: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/modernwarfare2/review.html

All the hype is about eye-candy and action. Anyway, I wonder how a directX 9 game can generate so much hype about graphics. Well, since I don't want to spend all that money now, I'll have to wait one year or so for the prices to be lower.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    owned bigtime. This explains why game finds lobbies to fast..because many people plays it :).. lets start to develop MW3 ..but GAMEPAD ONLY! :p

and it seems like those signing , boycotts were worked bigtime: ahahahahah ..people gave a big lesson to IW..ROFL..anwyay..yeah again. they ruined dedicated server..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009

16. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    COD is all about the multiplayer, which I can't comment on as I don't own the game yet, wait a minute neither do you. I have to find a buddy willing to shell out for games he can't play on his PC so he can buy them for me to play on mine.

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    gamers are like drug addicts it does not matter if the drug is high quailty or low quailty they still buy it.
    how are any game companys ever going to get taught i lesson?
    i have not played the game (yet)but its short in sp i hear and mp anit gunna have enuff clans to keep it going.i mean its hard to have a clan and not a dedicated server.

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    First off don't compare gamers to drug addicts, it's insulting to us!
    Second I played CoD4MW2 multiplayer after completing the campain, and being a gamer I had much fun pwning people online, quite proud of myself seeing how many casual gamers though they could play with the big boys and got served :)

BTW I play PS3 so your dedicated servers and other ****ty pc-only issues I cannot care about, I'm a pc-gamer also, but not pc-only-gamer, when theres a ****ty PC port you don't play on PC that's it

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Most overrated game ever. I will never buy it. I will only play it if I receive it free. FREE!

20. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    I've never played MW1 and to be honest i've publicly said i woudn't buy mw2 but due to curiosity and the good reviews I did buy it and i've got to admit to being pleasantly suprised - gameplay is admittedly linear but what there is of is exellent - the single player game can be a bit intense and chaotic at times but the action is top drawer and the game looks great.... mutiplayer is fine for a casual online gamer like me , can understand why the clan boys are so upset though with no dedicated server support......