Over Sexualized Society

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Heres the deal. Most blokes..id say 90% wouldnt find a problem with girls dancing around provocatively, wouldnt you say so?

I just watched Miley Cyrus's new song " party in the USA ". Now here is the issue. This girl is 16 and has already had numerous issues with past photographers and there xplicit pictures. Now most will say in her video she is just dancing and enjoying herself.

Thats tottaly fine, theres nothing wrong with dancing. However, its what she is insinuating. She makes referances to " moving " her hips. And in various parts of the clip you wouldnt find any difference between her dancing and a stripper dancing....keep in mind shes 16.

What kind of message is this sending to girls her age or younger? Its apparent that we have a gross over indulgence in a over sexualized society. Im using miley as a simple example, there loads of " celebs " that portray this kind of notion that its ok to dance/act provocatively. Not keeping in mind that all age groups pay close attention to them.

What happened to consumer watchdogs, that monitor this kind of content? What would you think if your 16yr old daughter was dancing around insinuating sexual acts? No dought you'd be worried and upset, it appears that people consider this the norm

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    they have beauty contests for girls 4 years and older. they make them wear make up and wear dresses.
    i find that way more shocking than this tbh

3. Thats a good point my freind, some girls are forced/choose to grow up to fast. What happened to conservitive girls, classic girls. Girls that dont throw themselfs at as many blokes as they can. Girls with respect and dignity for themselfs.

4. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    The legal age to have sex here in South Africa is 16, so it's not that strange to me...

5. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Nothing wrong with that video at all, and no it's not going to have any bigger influence on kids then Elvis, Maddona, or Brittney did in the past. People are always over reacting about too much sexuality in media (thankfully now a lot less then before). And if you want conservative girls, that erm, respect them selves, hit up a youth church group and you'll find plenty of girls who will bore you to death. You are also confusing "acting sexy" with wanting to bang guys, most girls do it for the attention, and not to throw them selves on as many guys as possible.

6. so because the government that says the legal age is 16, that means it ok to practice sex at such a young age? I personally think thats disgusting. At the age of 16 your still going through pubity and most likely have no idea what your future holds...yet you can decide that having sex at such a young age is fine.

Thanks for your comment mate, I didnt know that about SA.

7. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    Just fwiw, 16 is not unusual for age of consent and in some nations, it can be much younger (depending on the age of the other partner, typically). I have to agree with White Lightning that toddlers participating in beauty pageants is a thousand times creepier than a 16 year old setting herself up to be ogling by perverts. It's a little skanky to be sure, but let's not delude ourselves about what people that age are up to.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  8. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    this.

you find it wrong because that is not your custom, however in countries where the legal age is 16 no one has a problem with it.
    so you can't really say that it's wrong just because you or the people in your country thinks it's wrong.

however, what i find most disturbing is girls who lies about their age not thinking about the aftermath they could create.

9. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    Also, just to throw it out there...only late blooming females are still going through puberty at 16 years of age. Remembering back to my own youth, chicks that age were, uh, definitely women, not girls. Physically, anyway.

10. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    9 Years old!! WTH! Why would they pick "9 years old" as age of consent! :puke2:

11. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I hear ya, dude; here, it's 15 (cyan spot near Madagascar).

Quoted for truth. ;)

Now, if I had a daughter and she acted like that... She'd be in real trouble.

EDIT:

The youngest ever grandmother was 17. Disturbing, I know.

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I heard about that a while back and I was like wth these are children.I like it when people that have sex with minors because imo its wrong cause most girls arnt even matured yet from what I seen and dress like hootchie mama's for the attention and thats not always a good thing.hell if I had a daughter and she dressed like she was ready to get laid I would show the guy she is *SPAM* the trunk of my car and tell him If he gets out of line me and him will take a trip to the boonies.I kinda sound like a old man but thats how I feel.

13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    :3eyes::3eyes:

14. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244

Inorite? It's even more disturbing when you notice that not only is the age of consent 9, but that consent requires marriage. Great work, Yemen.

Also, Madagascar needs to get off their high horse. :D

15. Thats partly my point zapmaster. Girls consider that the only way to get attention from a guy is to act like that. Look at short shorts or short dress's. When you see a girl wear them dont tell me your first thought isnt sexual.

Thats the idea of these things, it perverts the way we look and consider sex between 2 people. Its like when men that have raped weman say " look at what she was wearing ". They automatically assume that the girl is promiscuious. So many aspects of life have been "sneakily" portrayed that sex at a young age is ok. In movies and music..from a young age we listen and watch sex. Look at the sky high number of teen pregnancys, should this kind of trend be considered ok or customary?

And dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong at all with sex. But when you look at a video of a girl dancing like a stripper and wearing short shorts and showing her legs off, the first thought is " man, id love to bang her ". Dont kid yourselfs and tell me that it has no influence of youth.

You hardly ever see videos of guys in music clips dancing around like male strippers half naked, insinuating sex...its always females. They portray females as some sex object, anyone with credible media knowledge will tell you this.....simple fact that you can not deny is that "sex sells"

consent at the age of 9 is...disturbing. I dont give a damn what your custom is...that is not right. You are only considered an adult by age 22..that is the legal age in which your are an adult. When your body has stopped growing and chemical signals in the brain are evened out.

If this kind of thing is the norm, then please tell me why when we go back say 30 or 40 years this kind of thing was frowned apon? Now dont get me wrong..im sure there was some of this kidn of conduct going on behind closed doors, but why now is this considered fine? Like anything, the more you aclimatize someone to a perticular subject, the more he/she will become acustomed to it.

16. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    unfortunately true...

i agree, this kind of thing has been getting worse and worse over the past few years.

loli anyone? honestly though, WTF....

QFT...

17. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    In fairness, the further you go back the younger women are when they are bearing children. It wasn't that long ago that the average life expectancy was about 40, and people were having families in their teens. As life expectancies increase and social mores push legal adulthood further and further back, we probably are wise to come to terms with the reality that our biological clocks have yet to be alerted to these developments. People get sexually active/aware at the same age range now as they did in the 1530s, or 5000 B.C. Biology has no regard for the rule of law or the fact that people live three times as long as they did when Napolean's armies were marching through Prussia.

The obvious answer to why human sexuality is generally more open and accepted as opposed to half a century ago is fairly obvious - decline of Western religion and the cultural revolution of the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Now, my opinion as far as why you don't see men do this is apparent if you think about it for a minute. Men and women are excited by different things entirely. Women tend to be (emphasis on "tend") excited by emotional proximity and intimacy along with physical appearance, while men are pretty much visual all the way, emotion be damned. Here's an analogy that might work for you; if a man walks into the bathroom and his female companion is bent over naked, running bathwater, he is likely to become aroused. If a woman walks in to the same bathroom and her male companion is bent over naked, running bathwater, she is likely to call animal control to come remove the goat that found its way into her home. A man writhing around onstage half-clothed just doesn't have the same bang for the buck with women as when roles are reversed.

I understand some of the logic behind placing age of legal adulthood at 21 or 22, but the fact of the matter is that such values simply and willfully ignore developmental biology and psychology in the interest of maintaining those tricky social mores. I don't really condone that, myself, because it doesn't make a crapload of sense. 17 and 18 year olds can be sent into war, so what if they haven't pulled their heads out of their asses yet? Most people in their forties don't know their head from a hole in the ground.

More food for thought; English speaking civilizations have arguably become more conservative over the past three decades rather than less, in some ways. Drinking ages raised from 18 to 21, increasingly stringent drug laws, restricting work, driving and similar activities among those yet to attain legal adulthood. Sex now, post AIDS hysteria, is not what it was in the 60s and 70s. Maybe this type of thing is a release for people on some level.

18. I tottaly agree with your hawkeye, and the other dude above him...im not to sure what you mean by QFT or what ever you wrote...sorry my acrinim lingo isnt to flash.

I will keep my trap shut because hawkeye, for the moment has made me ponder this issue.

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yeah just get used to the fact that people are more promiscuous and more comfortable with sex as society collapse... i mean evolves in the future

20. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    What is the censor board doing?