PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSK, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    There will be map packs and there will be mods, you will just have to pay for them. That's why IFail hasn't given players those tools, it's all about how they want to milk players through IFailnet.

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I cant believe its actually worse than the BF2 extortion packs

3. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    This is why I never played BF2. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I remember the days of mods and loads of maps for Enemy Territory. Those were really good days and I really miss ET. I wasn't the best but I wasn't bad either and I really enjoyed the game.

4. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Given DLC is the latest slicedbread thing with commercial gaming. It's a very plausible and logical explanation why IW doesn't want to release mod tools.

As for ping and hit registration, i really want to hear a top-tier competitive player experience about that.

5. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    ET was great consider it was originally a commercially failed project. But out of loyalty to the fans. They released it as a free MP game. Which did offered superb gameplay experience despite being non-commercial.
    But i eventually gave up on it consider the amount of cheating that went on after a few years. The competitive scene suffered from it afaik where even high-tier players were busted using them, if you can recall the incidents with team Portugal where half the team was busted with using cheats as well many other known players. After that i moved on to the game that was close to that game pace: UrbanTerror (and still playing).
    Btw where did you played? I personally played it in CAL,TWL,STA,CB and WL and few more other smaller leagues.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Seriously? BF2 is a gem in PC gaming, it has its issues like any game, but or me its been the best gaming experience ive ever had( lol, its true ), and i started gaming in 1981 with a home pong console. The Special Forces Expansion pack was excellent, the only joke was the extortion packs.

7. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Hit registration? I haven't seen a single issue of that. I usually kill who I've aimed at. Sometimes I just miss.

What ping issue? There's hardly any lag. There might be a occassional lag spike here n there. The worst I've experienced so far was a server timed out but that was on day 1, haven't had any issue since then.

Everyones computer will be different and every server we join we'll get different experiences. Some people will play just fine, others may need a patch from IW or a new driver from ATI or nVidia.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    WhiteLightning: So... you're trying to say that they're saying an absolute and utter "No" to mod tools.... from an article that's now almost a month old.... when the interview that was posted on the Best Buy forums is just about to be 10 days old?

Yeah........... that doesn't exactly seem like a "No" to me.

Liranan:
    Again... just like all the speculation people had before it was released that IWNet was going to be the most tragic thing to happen since god knows what. I don't see a "Yes" there... do you?

And just like Texas said.... hit registration seems to be fine. I know someone's probably going to say something like "Well maybe you're just not that much of a hardcore gamer". Let's just put it this way. I may not be "hardcore" in the sense that i spend 8+ hours a day playing games like idiots such as Fatal1ty do..... but coming from Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, where due to the Source engine the majority of events are handled client side...... i'd say hit registration in MW2 is quite good. HL2DM's hit registration is a bit of a nightmare. someone's falling from the sky? You're better off aiming below them to hit them, even with a 357. Someone's moving rather fast.... again... aim ahead of them. At least in MW2 you can aim AT someone no matter how fast they may be moving and still hit them. haven't really seen any issues with where i aim, and what i hit.

Also don't really notice much lag.... just as texas said. occasional lag spikes.... sometimes a laggy match... but like i've said, that all seems to be down to whoever is designated as the host, and what they're doing. don't think i've ever seen one round that had noticable lag, and the next had the same or worse. usually if one round is laggy, the next one or several aren't. Come to think of it.... i played for a couple hours straight last night and i think there was only maybe one match where i had occasional lag spikes.

IFailNet is only for those who haven't played it.

9. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    ED, I agree that nothing has been said by IW about mod tools not being for PC. IW has repeatedly said there focusing on the game launch first. We may get them, we may not.

So far i've only heard rumors and speculation of alot of features. Untill IW confirms or out right just says no, there's nothing offiicial.

10. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Uhhh, what?

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes , they have said NO a month ago. cant be clearer than that.
    just because the guy wasnt clear in the interview 10 days ago, doesnt mean they are gonna work on it.
    its turning things around isnt it ?
    i can only hope for your sake they will release the modtool, so you can get more out of the game then you have now :thumbup:

did you hear the podcast with the interview ??

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Ok, I change what I said earlier. 4 out of 5 games are laggy. I have 2 wins and 45 losses now. I leave early because its fricking unplayable

13. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Stop whining dudes, it plays fine my end with no lag or ping issues. Awesome game.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i just found a 1 laggy server yesterday out of more than 10..i owned bigtime. man i live in a country internet scks but ping never goes bad the lobby i find. all random and luck i guess :D

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    dont you agree with Quote"it isn't gonna be nothing "new", same old like the previous games. "

Right back at ya :D

16. Jacastto

Jacastto Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9600 GT 512mb
    I wish everyone would stop stop complaining about the $10 increase.

Whats that? it costs $60 now?

BOO HOO

Over here in Australia it costs the equivolent of $94 US

So will you all just suck it up?

17. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    In my country, the PC version is actually more expensive than the console version.But regardless, from the gametrailer comparison i saw the PC version looked way better than console version.So PC version is definately still the version to get.

18. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Are you ****ing serious? If you have to no problems with taking it in the ass, i do. $60 for a 5 hour long generic shooter with a broken multiplayer that i played 5 years ago? Youre the reason PC gaming is in its current state.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lets burn him! comon people light ur torches and burn the evil. the sins on his body must be cleansed..COMON!!

The people demands it!

[​IMG]

20. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    Lol :beer: