TRI Fire 5870/eyefinity PROJECT/benches!!! post yours.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bodar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. =Galahad=

=Galahad= New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512Mb 812/1050
    Hey there guys, reading this thread is quite inspiring. Bodar, your enthusiasm is a credit to this community and all of us average nerds who share your passions. After viewing your video i must say that you have a talent for hitting the sweet spot between providing an entertaining video, showing gameplay (not like some reviews that go on and on) and getting those benchmark results up.

Its so hard to not go out and spend $1400 AUS ($1300 USD) on 2 new monitors and a 5870!!

I have read the majority of these posts but Bodar seems to be the only one with an in-depth review on eyefinity. Was wondering if there have already been other reviews in this thread or if there are any Guru's out there yet to post up some eyefinity benches?
    Regards

2. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks so so much Galahad! and welcome to the forums! Since that eyefinity benchmark video I've been working on some others.. Wanted to compare the evga board with the asus and see what scales better. So far it's looking like the asus board is on top in terms of scaling with games like crysis, modern warfare 2 ect.. I think I have a total of 10 games benchmarked and ready to go for the next vid. Cheers man and happy you are here!! :)

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Hope it's soon! Looking forward to it...

4. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Support 3 screens ?

So cannot wait .. :)

5. =Galahad=

=Galahad= New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512Mb 812/1050
    Well thanks for the warm welcome. I am currently looking at what exactly a 3 X 24" setup with a 5870 would cost and how it would perform. I already have a 24" and 24s are the sweet spot in tems of pricing atm so if i were to splash out on eyefinity then thats what i'd get. Clear sky would be my priority and i would run it on high settings and no AA. Your benchmarks indicate that Stalker Clear Sky and the soon to be released Call of Pripyat (which will be quite similar bar Dx11) would run smoothly on 5940 x 1080 (since you are running a higher resolution) on just a single 5870?
    Thanks

6. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I'll showcase modern warfare supporting 3 screens using one 5870 on this next vid. Resolution of 3456 x 2048.. It's Like a big tv at beyond hd resolution.. It's definitely a blast and looks great! :) I do think that if you are going eyefinity and are not sure about multi card setup for the future, then get 3 24" monitors.. You will be more then happy!! cheers you guys! I've been out of town for a few days on buisness but this vid will be here tomorrow for sure.. Hopefully it will help you guys get an idea of what the 5970's will do in quadfire config. Thanks so so much!! :)

7. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    hey Bodar after all of your hard work and contribution for this forums i think you deserve news like this :)

The new Catalyst 9.12 beta drivers resulting in HUGE 30% performance increase in Crysis Warhead! IMHO you deserve this drivers more then everyone here ;) This drivers are optimized for Crossfire it seems.

here is the link my friend.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=309166

This is my results.

This is the result with 9.12 beta in Crysis.

11.18.2009 16:06:40 - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1200 AA 0xx
    ==> Framerate [ Min: 35.60 Max: 73.98 Avg: 59.46 ]

This is with 9.11 beta.

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 2X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1200 AA 0xx
    ==> Framerate [ Min: 26.96 Max: 57.88 Avg: 46.69 ]

*ucking awesomeeeeeeeeeee great job Ati!!! This is like 30% performance improvement! :banana:

8. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    okay Bodar, your thread has gone on for long enough, it's time to do a new thread on tri-fire 5790's!!!!:nerd:

9. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    :3eyes: you mean 5970's?

10. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    Ofc he means that :)

11. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Bodar you are a scholar and a gentleman, with the work you do. ....... Please keep it up.

12. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Okay so everybody mark the calender, I had my first epic fail lol. Sorry deslexia runs my world.

13. Atel

Atel Member

GPU:
    PowercolorHD4870x2 2048MB
    3 5970s? That'd be like.. Sixfire? Hexfire? Sexfire? :D

14. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks so much everyone!! I think it may be time for a six-fire thread :) I want to give it a go but there is only one connector on top.. Maybe I'll try it out with the new msi big bang motherboard using lucid hydra technology.. Thank you so much psyside!!! Cant wait to give these new drivers a go.. :) I'll post some quad stats on them tommorow

15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i think i see a solution to this.

with your evga mobo, have the 5970 on top, 2x 5870s in the middle, and a 5970 on the bottom. that way, your 5970 bridges to the 5870's bridge 1, 5870s connect together via bridge 2, and your second 5870 connects to the second 5970 via bridge 1?

kinda like

||
    ....|| (ignore the ...., forum wasnt doing spacing properly)
    ||

its not quite 3x 5970, but it is a sexy six cores and i dont see why you wouldnt be able to get all the cores at the same speed XP

something tells me heat would be an issue in this kinda setup, lol.

16. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    HEY bodar how is the memory working out for u....complete ownage isnt it!

17. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz
    why you people talk about hexfire and stuff? do you relize it is not possible without proper software support and i doubt both nvidia or ati will allow more then 4 gpus at once running. i mean it's a pain having 3 or even 4 in your case unless you have a really big case or it's modified. no point of supporting more then 4 gpus in my oppion

also the msi big bang thing. nvidia is refusing to give the motherboard or msi any support at all cause they don't like the idea of having thier competitors able to use thier card with thiers. yes there will be an availble nf200 chip on the big bang but it will have no support for it from nvidia at all

18. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah.. I heard there was absolutely no support from nvidia.. Hopefully if I just use 3 5970's and the lucid hydra it might work.. You never know til you try :) But the two 5870's and dual 5970's is an idea. May have to give it a shot for kicks.. If not I can always sell them straight away to friends on here. Cheers!! :) oh, and jcazz, This memory freakin rocks man!! I love it.. Easy overclocks, better stability all around.

19. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    AFAIK, Lucid Hydra does not work with dual GPU card such as 4870X2 and 5970

20. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    bummer.. well maybe I'll try the two 5870's and two 5970's.. might be interesting or might be horrible.. oh well.. Also, wanted to let you guys know I entered the msi overclocking contest on hwbot.. my ln2 f1 dragon by kingpin is arriving next week.. going to see if I can push this i7 860 to beyond 5.50ghz.. that is the current winner.. going to be using lots of LN2 in the next couple weeks..hope it works.. In the meantime, I'm posting the new 4-way 5870 vid before this weekend.. tons of games benchmarked.. from modern warfare 2 as well as dragon age.. When I ran quadfire using the 4-way classified I got lower scores on modern warfare 2, but using the p6t7 supercomputer it scaled perfectly.. So I ended up using the p6t7 this time all the way across the board.. cheers!!