PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSK, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    yeah I might agree.. based on that screenshot it would appear that the improvements are more in the level design than in the textures in particular.
    Does look like its a bit more atmospheric, though nothing over the top exciting.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well... can't really get a picture of "excitement" from a.... picture. Breaching doors and walls, sending you into slo-mo..... enemies being all the hell over the place (Especially in the Favela section of the game)..... some other stuff i'd rather not mention because it's not exactly shown in trailers.....

well.... i found mods to be annoying, for one. Fair servers.... the automatic team balancing handled by IWNet seems to do a rather good job of evening out the score for the most part. console.... only really useful for certain things, not entirely NECESSARY to have the console for as far as i'm aware. removal of lean.... well.... it's not like it sets you at a disadvantage. nobody else can lean either.

Think my favorite thing.... no freakin vehicles.... and no servers with WWAAAYYYYY too many people for the small maps.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yeah.. I'm pretty clear on how you feel about the game there Dragon. You seem to be playing devil's advocate with most complaints that people have, which is fine.. I mean its your opinion. I beleive you could afford to be a bit more understanding and open minded however as to WHY people are so bent outta shape. I mean, the missing features that I mentioned are huge deals to many many people. Your comments don't change that.. I mean, I'm glad that these things don't impact you and that you feel justified with spending the money on it.

and to add, no vehicles is perfect.. I wouldn't want it any other way.. its not BF. However, I LOVED large maps.. I was hoping that MW2 would have larger maps to accomodate all the players, and instead they went the way of less and no dedicated servers. I for one don't play the SP, so this game is 100% for me about the MP.. if you put yourself in my *****, do you still buy this game??

** so now s h o e s is a cuss?? what is up with these forums lol **

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Myeah. Kiss my *****! :wanker:

It is being filtered for a long time already now and it's going to stay blocked as long as spam bots are using this word to try and make some money with it. :frown:

5. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I didn't like what IW did to the game. After thinking about it and getting a chance to see it live before most ppl did, I was in awww. I really liked what I was seeing.

Is the game any better than CoD4, well that all depending if you think CoD4 was all that great. When the game first came out it was awesome. Then reality hit some ppl when server list wasn't always working, then your inherent problems/compatibility with certain drivers/hardware. All of which, imo have been addressed and working better in MW2. Nothing will ever be perfect, as we do not live in a perfect world.

Image Quality is either the same or better. I think it's better. In all honesty, im trying to kill you, not look and see if the building is all detailed lol. If I did that, I'd never win.
    The game is more fast paced. The whole thing about the "POP UPS", to me it's fine. Just part of the game. If your good you'll be fine and learn to adapt. If you find it annoying, then this may not be the game for you. It ain't gonna go anywhere, no matter how many times you yell at the screen lol.

The game is a console port as what we see in this game is very much like any console game would/does have. Does it ruin anything, no. Yes some features are gone that most, including me, are use to. Again, either adapt to it all or don't get/play it.

I have found the game overall to be great. It's fun and hardly any lag(there will always be some).
    I believe this is the game that IW wanted to give to everyone so all could play it, not just hardcore gamers. Not everyone will be happy with some of their decisions but they did what they felt best for all not just for one group.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Ok, its a hit or miss with the lag. For some reason, the lag is more noticable on some maps than others? So far, its seems like 2 out of 5 games will be laggy to the point where it would freeze so bad that I would just leave. I have yet to win a MP game because of lag. Its worse than a handicap. Its like taking the wheels off of a wheelchair and giving the player a gun that jams all the time.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ whats strange is that some players are like you FULMTL, saying that its really unbalanced and that at times its laggy and other times not.. and then you have players saying its perfect and not laggy at all, and even still others that say its next to unplayable.
    I imagine it has everything to do with people's location but whats with the all the weird results.. its like its all over the place

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    seems that allot of people bought/are buying this game

Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold 1.23 million units on its first day on sale in the UK, almost doubling those of Grand Theft Auto IV, which sold 631,000

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I checked the amount of PC players roughly at 1am and it was 87k.

The lag I believe is because they have players from all over the world in one match. I heard people speaking German and other languages I dont understand. Eventually I turned off the voice in hopes of reducing the lag hitches. If we could at least choose our country/region we choose to play in, that would help sooooo much that not having dedicated servers might not be so bad. But others would disagree >_>
    Oh yeah and my signal bars never went below 3, and it was still a lagfest.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    when i was on the MP earlier... around noon-ish... it said at that time there were roughly 22,000 players online. not too bad for a game that supposedly everyone hated.

Scooby: about the lag.... like i said, pretty sure it mostly comes down to when you're playing. more people in your general area would be more likely to be playing sometime at night, moreso than mid-day. Then again... when i was playing at noon... don't think i had any lag in any match. That, and whoever is designated as the host.

As for the maps... i would have loved to have larger maps with more players, too. But the fact is, no Call of Duty game had large MP maps... so a lot of players wound up just turning the maps into a crowded mess. And if they had a lot of large maps... but the servers were damn near empty... it'd be one boring game of running around trying to find the few stragglers spread across the map (or everyone camping in each corner waiting for one of the other people who aren't moving to cross their sights).

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Finally someone who posts something realistic and mature. i strongly agree your comments my friend. i never been hardcore COD MP player. i bought COD WAW and stopped playing after 2 months and never touch it. this lobby system is better than anything fcking FOR ME.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    do you see yourself playing this in 2 months time ?

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont play any game for 2 months. i mean u know me. even i stopped borderlands. its very awesome. but im bored again.

White, dont buy game now. i dont think it worths at this price. wait xmas price drops? why not.

edit 2 lol : this game only suits people like me i guess. hardcore COD players wont be satisfied? maybe.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no i will pass this game. :)

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man. pass it..i mena, at this price, with this features, its not satisfying real COD players. :)

16. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    I just bought codmw2.didtn really want to cos the price was 34.99.But im glad i did.the game is awesome.who cares about dedi servers.i love it.Im all for dedi servers yeah but this game is brilliant.not the best fps game but its different and plays really well.loads of stuff to play around with and do.its not just single player and mulitplayer.

I hate piracy big style and i only buy games either online or shops if cheap enough.if its expensive i dont buy it but i wont go piracy either.

There has been talk of hacks already on codmw2 so im very dissappointed in this but anyways..im at work at the moment and cant wait to get home to play codmw2 on the pc.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Same here :(...damn cant wait to go home and PLAY!

18. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    Well at least you can get an admin to ban them from the server :leave:

19. Corndog

Corndog Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 702/1728/1913
    Damn.... is this game THAT bad??
    Enough to convert a bunch of people with high moral standards to pirates(even though it may be temporarily)? Even enough to disgust current pirates to the point where they don't even want to pirate it?
    Sheesh.... After all those trailers and all that time and waiting, I wanted to buy the game so badly.
    But going by peoples rants I'd have to say it's pretty unanimous that this game tops the top 10 S#!*!#$* games of 2009. No?
    Too bad. I really wanted to see what all this crazy new thing called mouse support was all about. :3eyes:

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    imo the mp is utter shat it feels laggier slower and worser allaround compared to cod4... damn uber high pings and servers on 1mb up :< on other side of the world