nVidia Forceware 195.39 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TeethDestroyer, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, when i was seeking quickly through a 720/1080p mkv, would happen 50% of the time, didn't think it was driver related, but has gone since i'm back on 191.07.

I do use CoreAVC so, i was thinking possibly a Cuda thing.

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Ah, yeah probably :p

3. mfuhreck

mfuhreck New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 260
    Using driver sweeper is NEVER necessary, Ive never used it once and I have installed drivers over 9000 times.

I seriously dont know why all these nOObs constantly post that crap, If it was necessary, nVidia would tell you. If you think its necssary, then you apparently know more than nVidia

If you want to elimante stuttering , listen VERY CAREFULLY

-click run
    -type msconfig, hit enter
    -click services tab
    -scroll down to diagnostic policy service, and disable it,
    -then find virtual disk, do the same thing
    -then go to control panel
    -click system
    -click advanced system services in upper left
    -click advanced tab
    -click settings under performance
    -click advanced tab
    -click virtual memory
    -disable all virtual memory on your system
    -restart

WOW YOU'VE ELIMINATED STUTTERING, GIVE ME A MEDAL!

The only 2 modern games I know of which require virtual memory to run are
    Star Wars Force Unleased and FUEL.

Do you honestly think lots of hard drive "RAM" is necesarry to play games?

4. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    It can be necessary... it just generally isn't. If you're having problems it's just one more step towards covering all your bases.

5. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Thanks, SuperBill. :)
    I'd appreciate it if you would keep your unqualified comments to yourself, mfuhreck.

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    LOL thing is , mfuhreck posts saying "If it was necessary, nVidia would tell you. If you think its necssary, then you apparently know more than nVidia" then goes and posts a shopping list of instructions also not provided by nvidia :wanker:

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well virtual disk is for system restore and if you use it i dont think its such a good idea, dunno about diagnostic policy service though, gonna look into that..

and ye i agree with sweeper, i tried it and didnt really solve my probs, i had to manually delete some nv files in system 32 to fix the issue.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    just for info ... Dawn of War II also needs virtual memory

9. No4h Am1n

No4h Am1n Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 TWINFROZR
    :heh::heh::heh:

You dont know why all these nOObs constantly post that crap???
    Read very carefully. This is coming from, guess who ... nVidia

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=298828

No medal for you this time :mad2: :bonk::kermit:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  10. AceBaran

AceBaran Member

GPU:
    GTX295 Quad SLI
    Someone got pwned !

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    This driver is super smooth in all of my racing sims...not a hint of stutter anywhere. Thanks for the find.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Hmmm, these drivers with SLI enabled, and one card disabled I get an issue in Batman AA during the first encounter with Scarecrow where my framerate drops into the single digits.

13. mfuhreck

mfuhreck New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 260
    Go ahead, keep wasting your time using driver sweeper everytime you change drivers. It does nothing.

Of course if problems come up removing beta drivers, (which almost never happens) then a program like driver sweeper would be helpful and necessary.

That letter you posted certainly doesnt qualify as explicit instrucitons from nvidia to use a driver sweeper program when switching drivers, and in no way, did you prove me wrong.

Also, I do deserve a medal for posting the solution to the stuttering problem in many games. Dont knock my solution till youve actually tried it. T

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc

lol i love a good argument , thing is is i never had stutter with any drivers with or without tweaking my services list , so i gues the argument rages on eh ! simply do what your system like if u use ds and it works carry on if u dont then again if it works then keep going , i used to just simply install over drivers never had any problems , i use driver s now but still dont get problems , i never use any virus software dvd software any spyware crap nothing apart form 26 games and music on my pc with evga to control fan speed and it runs smooth as butter , some drivers do perform better than others but i found xp was getting worse for problems and driver performance as vista got better as if the drivers are more optimized for newer os , so dont knock the newbies advice its just as good as the advice about driver sweeper , again with pc s there are so many variables to take into account why people blame drivers all the time beats me

15. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Its not used everytime a driver changes
    Only when the layout/structure of the driver installation change, is it really necessary and low and behold, thats the case when upgrading from 182 - 191, to 195.39.

16. poppy10

poppy10 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X
    Mine says directx11 even on my ancient 9800GT - it's because Windows 7 comes with Directx11, whether you card supports it or not is a different issue.

17. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    It's totally insane how many new users have signed up for Guru3d because of this driver!

I installed this the very first day and have had no issues!

Edit: WHQL too!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  18. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Is your head completely up your arse and you refuse to admit you are wrong?

He posted a -DIRECT- quote from a Nvidia company employee, telling you to remove, goto safe mode, driver sweeper etc

Just, just, I dunno man, I've not seen levels of this amount of pigheadedness in ages

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well starwars TFU stutters all over the place with these, abnormal pagefile trashing almost every min, making it unplayable.. 187.66 are allot smoother, almost no stutter at all, maybe only when it loads new part of the game - blame the game engine for that..

20. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Nope but most programs request it , needed or not and if it isnt there windows allocates (wastes) physical ram to cover the request.

advising people to disable it , well .......... thats just bad advice