The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Its a DX9 game, looks very similar to COD4.

Visually its amazing at times though, while its not as good technically as Crysis, i have went "wow" more times in this than in Crysis.

Kinda like with Uncharted2, were it had alot of crappy textures, but the overall look was stunning.

2. Jrailer

Jrailer Master Guru

GPU:
    285 evga
    getting error after first mission
    could not find 'cliffhanger.ff'
    going to try reinstall just wondering if anyone is having this problem

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So you think its as good as uncharted 2 ? really ?

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No no, more a comparison that you forgive the technical shortcomings because the overall look is just so pleasing.

This is obviously alot crisper and sharper than Uncharted2 cause i have it at 1920x1080, but Uncharted2 was dare i say it, more "beautiful"

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah right. well the screenshots in the screenshot thread arent a joy to watch imo.
    can you perhaps post some nice shots there please ? :)

6. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
    i have played it now and its...wait for it....its another call of duty game.

7. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    another crappy port job! meh
    i wish consoles go to hell... as they have sined. heheheh

this is so making me go nuts...

the only games i truly enjoyed for its pc love:

necrovision, cryostasis, darkest of days, stalker ... i will always support them russians and ukrainiens and who ever made these games! there engines are god damn GOOD in technicaltiy!

cod 6 is not for me... and not going to support them to make another crappy port jobs!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    then u gonna love Metro 2033. im looking forward to buy that game as well.

im going out today n get myself the legal MW2 copy for pc..

9. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I haven't tried with only 1 card enabled but both my cards heat up alot so I'm guessing it does.

I said last night that I had no lag issues (Aussie here). I'm guessing that's because there were other local players playing, tried to play the game about lunch time today and it was full of fail. Don't know where I was connecting to but I was getting slaughtered by the lag. Overall multi is good fun. Still not happy with the single player (AI, Certain textures, Length)

10. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    any game the only made for pc and have full use of the pc.. me will buy! and support!

metro is on my list,

thanks man

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3344323&postcount=55

Not ideal as i went back and got them, but will see what i can get during the game as i play, just hard to capture the nice stuff as you tend to get shot, and get a screen covered in ketchup.

Metro is also for 360, but it is a Ukranian game, and should make full use of a PC, as supposed to be DX10 and most advanced use of GPU PhysX too.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks! will check them when i get home from work today.
    the images are filtered, and no , not due to the politcal content hehe :)

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Meh downloading :p

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I really do find it hillarious with everyone complaining how having a maximum match of 9v9 sucks. Kinda leads me to believe that these are the people who think a World at War 24v24 match in Dome is the most entertaining thing ever.... or the same numbers in Modern Warfare in the Shipment map. Requires no skill... hell... doesn't even really require aiming. All you need is a light machine gun and Stopping Power and you're set in that crap. 9v9 kinda makes you rely on your team a bit more. Can't just hide somewhere and not have to worry because someone else is ALWAYS around. Once you get used to the number of players (or should i say get past the illusion that it sucks)... you find that it actually works quite well.

Shagula: Of course you would have better chances in the evening. Look at it this way... the majority of people who play games tend to play them at night. If you play mid-day... you'll wind up getting people in other countries. Same thing was true even using dedicated servers. pretty much anything AM isn't the typical gaming time. I'm almost at rank 13, and i've only hit two instances of noticable lag. One was quite bad... while the other was managable.

I'm glad i bought it.... and i'm kinda hoping that the guy above me isn't stating that he's pirating it. I honestly feel i can say it's worth the $60.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Please define what you want to see from a game that makes it worth $60
    personally i think $60 is way too much, for ANY game!

16. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    my fren told me he once asked the girl who works at the retailer, when its released, its only usd35 there (converted from russian currency). i think thats a good reason not to miss the game, at least for me. going out in few hours. hopefully thats true coz im already eager to get it. if he bs'ing me, well.. :biggun:

can this game play over LAN wif local frens? ilve in a hostel so me n my frens are all connected

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  17. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    $60 is to much for a PC game since we all spend the money on the hardware but I bought it when I said I wouldn't and have no regrets. Love the game and gameplay.

One of the main reasons that got me into this game was I saw a Live streaming of some guy playing the game in Norway, Sweden. Time zone was different so they got the game early. If it wasn't for that guy showing off the multiplayer of the game, I may have missed out on what I do believe is one of the funnest games i've played online in years. I think alot of it has to do with no lag(every now and then but usually nothing major). Game really does run smooth. IW.net works just as IW said it would.

I hope IW gives us PC users some more features but if they don't(not holding breath), I still like it.

18. Travkin

Travkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Sli
    how good/bad/bearable is the aussie lagg?

19. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Lag for the most part won't be an issue. Most people won't see any. Only here n there but nothing like a lag fest. Only ever had one server time out.

I don't even think people will have an issue runing this game on any video card. Yes my card is good but I think anyone with a 8 series card an up should run the game just fine. Obviously though you won't max everything out but some will without a single performance hit. It's amazing how IW got it this way, oh wait cause it's a console port lol. In all fairness it's a great game and i'm having lots of fun.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    guys, are there any .cfg files stored with this game ? if so, can you please post them ?