Wheres the documentation showing the cards with voltage support?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Tim_Ca, Oct 1, 2009.

1. basco

basco Guest

GPU:
    560tfII
    thanks guys for your time and work

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The list of voltage control capable display adapters in the second posting has been updated to sync with v1.3.0

3. Unwinder

The list of voltage control capable display adapters in the second posting has been updated to sync with v1.4.0

4. CartCSS

CartCSS Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Why there isn't voltage monitoring support for HD 5770 cards ? I mean hardware support.

What's with the 3D voltage "boost" control some cards have ?

5. Unwinder

Extremely strange question, have no ideas what kind of answer you expect to see. Hardware is not capable to report output voltage it so there is no support in software.

Some VRMs models control voltage explicitly (e.g. set 1.2V), other can control voltage boost (voltage offset) only, i.e. adjust voltage offset (e.g. +0.1V) to be applied to hardwired base voltage (e.g. 1.1V).

6. CartCSS

CartCSS Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Is there any other way to actually know the VID status without having to close and open the program again ?
    Sometimes it's difficult to know current voltage status, so something like a "refresh" button would be nice.

7. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

L6788a dosent support voltage monitor function,you can adjust voltage but can't know realtime status because hardware doesn't support this function.

8. falloutboy

falloutboy Active Member

GPU:
    4850 CF
    What about 4850 cards ? any future for them ?

9. shah.abid

shah.abid New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4770 ARCTIC
    Hello people, I've recently bought a sapphire hd 4770 arctic cooling (the one with blue pcb, http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalo...=41_45&mID=343) but I've been having problems with overclocking, I can reach stables 930 on gpu but on memory I only can reach completely stables 863mhz, if I go above that, lets say 864mhz (just 1 more mhz on mem) then I have a black screen and I must shut down the PC. The temps at full stress and 930 gpu - 863 mem are 62C and 73C and without touching the fan speed. I have done this with RivaTuner.

I have tried MSI Afterburner 1.5.0 beta2 but it is reverting back anything over 830/850 which is the upper limit in CCC.

PowerColor PCS 4770 have the same problems, but for that card they found a solution.

And this card(BLUE PCB) have a different vgpu controler, so BIOSes from previous version, Name of the vgpu controler is uP6201BQ, memory controler is the same and even volt mod do not work for OC memory over 863Mhz.

I hope you can help me, I think my card can do better than this. Thank you!!

10. Formula350

Formula350 Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS CUcore 5770
    So I assume that the announcement of the R5770-PMD1G is due to no supported VRM/PWM on the PM2D1G?

If so, when is the expected street date on the newer one?

If NOT, short of trying to find a review with uber res pics of a naked MSI 5770, do they (PM2D1G normal & Seaweed versions) support Over-Voltage via MSI Afterburner?

Sorry if it's a commonly asked Q :\ But thanks :)

11. XLR8

XLR8 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    What about HD5830, any plans on supporting voltage control ?

12. Unwinder

That's not an official answer, but I doubt in that. 5830 is not hi-end solution and software programmable VRMs are rather expensive so I highly doubt that it is installed on reference design cards positioned not for hi-end price range. Furthermore, if it were programmmable, I'd already receive implementation request from MSI side prior to announce. But probably MSI or any other vendors will provide custom design solution in future (once again, it is not an official answer and just my opinion).

13. XLR8

XLR8 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    OK, thanks for clearing that up.
    AFAIK there is no reference design, partners are free to do whatever they want.

14. Unwinder

If so, then the question about 5830 voltage control support has no sense, because the answer will be diffferent for each model. ;)

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hi Unwinder.

Any possibility to add voltage control for HD 5970's memory chips? Or is it forbidden by AlwaysTroubleInside?

16. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    @Garrett_Wu and Unwinder, why MSI N275GTX Twin Frozr OC has no voltage Control ?
    Because of the Non Reference design PCB the non reference Bios or the uP6161N Voltage regulator, or is it simply politics by MSI.
    I wonder because the MSI N275GTX Lightning has control option.
    If this question already answered sorry for my blindness and clear me up.
    Thanks

17. Unwinder

Reference desing 275 cards do not assume software programmable voltage regulation circuit at all. Only N275 GTX Lightning model features voltage control because MSI redesigned PCB and used more advanced and expensive VRM there.

18. Unwinder

Definitively not planned and chances to see it are close to 0. 5970 is the only model with software memory voltage control, and it is definitively NOT the best selling one. So why to invest a lot of time into redesigning the core and GUI because of something that will not be useful for 99% of product users? I'm not even talking about support side, if I had a chance to return back to the past, I'd honestly think about refusing to accept any deal with implementing even core voltage control. Sometimes I regret about adding it, too many noobs giving voltage control related issues in the forum.

19. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    That's a real shame!
    Anyway,Thanks for your reply .

20. Camberwell

Camberwell Member

GPU:
    MSI 780 Ti SLI @ 1150MHz
    Hi, I have just ordered an Asus 5850 DirectCU, and I was wondering if I can control the voltage via Afterburner? I have read that it uses the uP6208AM voltage controller, which I have seen in the list in this thread, but only as applied to certain GTX 275's....thanks!

Last edited: May 18, 2010