TRI Fire 5870/eyefinity PROJECT/benches!!! post yours.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bodar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    The price well....alot..hahah

2. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    Dam how long does it take amd for 5970 (5870x2) .. I am waiting !!!

3. Bluthium

Bluthium Member

GPU:
    XFX HD4890 XXX@1000/1125
    We're Gurus, dedication to technology comes first, price later. If I would of randomly received 6 - 7 Grand, I would, without much hesitation, build myself a monster rig.

Bodar is a perfect example of technology dedication.

4. spleended

spleended Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi XFX HD4870 512mb
    yes,i dont have anything against him,i love him actualy,but i am just wondering about the price and his job,nothing else...

5. Almost Tactful

Almost Tactful Member

GPU:
    HIS 5870 1GB - 1050 Core
    Very nice thread here Bodar :) I have to ask though, why Tri-Fire with Eyefinity? Did you figure out a way to make it work? I am running Eyefinity as well on 3 new 1920 X 1080 DELL displays with the native DisplayPorts but from what I understand I can't utilize CrossFire yet due to the lack of driver support, so did you figure out a way or did you just do it because it's freggin sweet?!

6. Tranzmit

Tranzmit Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD 7970 X Turbo
  7. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    The question is can Bodar resist the temptation xD xD

8. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz

sweet stuff here. i had to download the CCC 2.21 config to hit above 50fps avg maxed out 1680x1050 on crysis cause with out the config i was hitting like 42fps on avg.i know 8-10fps to some people might not make a difference but to me 10fps extra can mean more enjoyable gameplay :D

9. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    wow that card with 6 video outs amazing. but not vvery usefull for modern games until eyefinity works in xfire.

10. Almost Tactful

Almost Tactful Member

GPU:
    HIS 5870 1GB - 1050 Core
    I know this is what I was waiting for :) The 1GB 5870 is just a hold over until these come out and I will pick up 2 without a doubt. I'm thinking it'll also be when Gulftown releases....hehehe.....6 core i7, 12GB system RAM, and 4GB video RAM....sweet :banana:

11. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Wow!! That card does look awesome!! :) hmmm.. Thanks you guys for being so cool when it comes to all this stuff.. I'm excited about it! right now I actually dont have a working computer.. My motherboard came back from rma, and I got a new one.. Plugged everything in and was ready to rock but sadly it does'nt work.. Got the ff post code..
    Anyway.. Sending it to asus again :) I should have the 4-way classified back from rma this week.. So hopefully everything will be ok.

I may actually try a few of those mods as well.. Maybe it will help with quadfire scaling.. I have a whole series of new quadfire benchmarks coming and some more eyefinity numbers.. Trying to use 4 cards to take down crysis once and for all. :)
    We'll see. Cheers you guys!!!! -Beaux

I record/write songs for people.. Work with music production software on the computer..
    It's fun and boring.. :)

12. roesdiantorrcc

roesdiantorrcc New Member

GPU:
    hallo i'm new member in guru3D Forum

MY rig :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mysystem : (in water cooling )
    Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified (E760)
    Proc : Xeon 3580
    Memory : Corsair dominator CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 3X2GB
    VGA : GTX 295
    SC : Asus xonar HDAV 1.3
    PSU : Corsair 1000 W
    O/S : Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit

Because I was new and first time using EVGA motherboard, please help instructions for overclocking Xeon 3580 with my system, ok thank a lot

13. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Welcome man!! nice rig!! :) There are alot of settings on the classified that I feel make a difference with overclocking.... What are you trying to reach? Also, there are alot of people on here that could help as well.. I'll post my settings this week when I get the board back from evga.. You should also create a new thread called: "Help with overclocking on the evga classified" cheers!!! So is the 2.21 mod great for crysis? :)

14. roesdiantorrcc

roesdiantorrcc New Member

GPU:
    bodar thanks, I'll try creating a new thread, and sorry I have not had time to install the game cysis in my rig. And coincidence system you're using the same as using the same proc Xeon 3580 and can walk at 4.7 GHZ woow ... amazing bodar...

15. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    after seeing this The Radeon HD 5870 "Six" or Eyefinity Edition

hmm so thinking off getting 2 more 24inc screens..

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I dont think there is anything wrong with a little extra fun here and there.. meaning.. two more 24" monitors :)

17. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz

i think it is, fantastic mod. it improves visuals while increasing framerate.

there's level options for variety of rig configurations and so forth. i use it at level 5 for my rig and works great.anything past level 5 is not really anything special.i guess cause it's still an experimental config level.

well it's great.i don't use the TOD option since if it's the TOD settings i prefer mster config for that,but haven't used it yet cause i been loving the natural look of the CCC 2.21 mod

if you want to try it out.just go to www.crymod.com it should be there.if you don't like it you simply can just uninstall it.

18. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz
    go into the bios.there should be an overclocking option.overclocking an xeon is like overclocking any other cpu,but the xeons can overclock better while staying far stable,and there scaling is great.that's why i'm getting one for my rig during the holidays to finally put my good ol' e8400 away and have it retire or use it for little brother's computer

if not and your kinda worried what your doing just ask around.use youtube or google if your trying to find an answer right away. i personally never used an evga mobo before so i have no idea how they work.my whole life i've been an asus guy really

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Wow bodar, you do some nice work. I just read all 22 pages = S. I wish I had that rig to play some crysis. By the way that is an awesome overclock on your processor. 4.72ghz stable? wow!

20. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks so much scoter man!!! :) Super happy you enjoyed all the stuff.. I've been working on some other ideas to try.. Really want to give the mod a go. cheers!!! :)