Nvidia to Ramp Up Fermi Graphics Cards Only in 2010

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Omagana, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yes.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ok but my cpu isn't enough for games w/ multi-core as gta4, re5... therefore I buy new cpu low-end core i9 but my future high-end videocard(s). :D I will never want overclock for new cpu because caution cpu w/ oc may damage all new pc. ;)

3. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

what is this ... never overclock you speak of ... ?

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I started going to Fry's when they opened their second store on Mission Court in Fremont. They were and still are always packed full of people. Great place for all sorts of stuff as long as you don't expect any expertize. I wasn't aware you Aussies had a Fry's. :3eyes:

5. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    "jesus"! I will do oc for cpu, I will be very "nervous" and I will be very sad for new pc damaged because new pc will cost €2,000! therefore I will do NOT OC!!

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You don't have to overclock if you buy a CPU with a high enough clock speed.

You could always buy the ones that are already overclocked and have a custom cooler, they usually come with a guarentee.

7. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

you don't want to try it on your e6600 ?

8. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    I never do oc but I got almost always w/ 60fps+60Hz+vsync=much smooth/fantastic except re5, gta4 (cpu quad-core recommended)! :D

9. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Nice good thing I am patient. Since I am replacing my 8800gt cooler to make it LAST longer for when the new dx11 nvidia single slot video cards come out :D

10. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Probably good that you don't unless you learn well how to do it. Walking into an OC without the proper knowledge of how to do so is what ruins the CPU. Proper knowledge, care, and common sense will get you a good OC that will not detriment your hardware. Sorry, if this seems like a "smarmy" post. I assure you it is not. :)

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm glad I bought my 2 5870s now.

I don't use the ATI rig because I like my nHancer/PhysX too much but when DX11 games show up (and if it's actually worth it), it's nice to know I've got the hardware to run them.

I was hoping for a December release on the GT300 but it looks like that's not happening anymore.

If there are cards in December, they will go to the guys who are willing to pay Retail x 2+ for the priviledge.

I might have 5 years ago, but not anymore :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    This is not good news at all, my gtx280 is dying and after RMAing so many times I gave up, i was just hoping old yeller could hold out till december, an interim card would be a ridiculous waste of money.

The longer they take to get fermi out...the longer we wait for the die shrink. I wonder if the rumoured ATI redesigned card that is supposed the come out in about 12 months will hit before the fermi die shrink...that would be very interesting indeed.

13. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Demand a GTX285 on the next RMA, citing the 280's Zotac have produced are irrevocably flawed.

14. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I get the feeling Nvidia either have something properly amazing in the works, in which case the wait is acceptable

or

Somethings gone very wrong.

15. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC
    I would rather they take a little longer and get it right than ship out faulty product. Way too many companies do that now and we know how annoying it is to get buggy hardware or software...............

16. Ricaspecada

Ricaspecada Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    Yeah... Hell of a time... [​IMG]:p

17. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Don't worry guys! they have their best err.... man?? on the case looking for issues.

[​IMG]

18. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    everyone has to start somewhere..
    people are so worried about breaking parts its crazy..
    my first attempt at overclocking i was like 13 with a Barton core and just started tinkering with stuff..a little reading is definitely helpful but its almost impossible to really damage stuff...

19. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    thats nice that you dont wanna OC because youre gonna need a whole new CPU if you wanna use even one of the new cards

20. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    not true... if you throw enough antialiasing and a high enough res at the card it'll be gpu bound.