Modern Warfare 2: PC OR X360

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 5, 2009.

?

PC or XBOX 360

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. PC

81 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. XBOX 360

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    huh?

2. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    I think that he means superior or "upper" maybe?

Let me try to paraphrase what he said:

Am I close Bigtime :) :)?

3. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    oh I see lol Great job

4. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    3 million times ? Wow thats really impressive.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I totally agree, and would like to add, there are great exclusive FPS games released on the consoles which never will hit the pc.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Am sitting on the fence on this till it comes out and then make a decision. Sorry Delta I'd usually buy cod's on auto for PC, but this lack of MP has me worried.

@redemption agree with pretty much everything but am a footy on ps3 guy. golf i suppose would be great on pc as well. in fact i think earliest gaming memories i have are of a golf game on a mate's dad computer :)

plus yeah anyone who downloads cracked version on any platform for me should get a bit of a spanking :3eyes:

@mr bigtime fps are great on the ps3 as well. actually it's fun to do some armchair fps action in front of a nice tv with a beer.

sorry to be off-topic but army of two was great fun as 2 player co-op ps3 even though the graphics were pretty bad..(hope another one comes out for xmas)

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh yes i have ps3 and i have played killzone 2 nothing special tho

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Fifa for the 360 as its slightly better, and PES for the PC since the PS3 versions of 08 and 09 had terrible framerate problems, plus look like crap too, never owned a PS3 footie game.

Think the problem with this COD is that they seem to be catering only for the armchair FPS players.
    I have to admit i spend more time in armchair mode, as getting time for serious multiplayer is near impossible, as i find it hard not to be disturbed by someone, but it seems very unreasonable for IW to only cater for the armchair fans, but guess until PC game sales start matching console games this is how its going to be.

The thing is though, if sales go down even more for PC games because of things like this, it will only make the situation worse.
    They aren't going see it as something they have to rectify to win back PC gamers, they will put it down to piracy, and even less effort and time will be put on the PC version, and more games will be released like Star Wars TFU.

9. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870 xfire :D
    People have forgotten one of the main benefits of a console, they probably cost less than your gpu.

Although i think pc is better if you can afford it

10. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Granted but the actual games cost a lot more for the consoles..

11. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Cancel, you tool.

Why the hell would you want other people to make a choice for you? :3eyes:

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Most new office and internet PC's come with alot of memory and a decent dual and now even quads.

A decent video card that outpeforms both consoles can be had for less than either, the 4870 and GTX260 are around £100 now.

How ironic, your trying to make the decision for him lol.

13. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I'm not wanting others to make the decision for me, I just want to see what others think and then use what you guys think to make a clearer decision as I'm really torn between it.

Of course I want it on PC, but the multiplayer is massive so that's why I love this game, and the SP looks too good to pass up.

deltatux

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well just wait then i think is the best answer? i am torn like you as sp with aa and af on my set-up would be pretty kick-ass but i do love the lvling up in previous cod's and getting new weapons etc.

15. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    What I said was not nonsense.
    I didn't say it was a crap port.

What I said:

Play it on the system it was designed for.

Even Vince @ IW had this to say:
    (From Best Buy chat log)

Pretty self explanatory that. Don't you agree?

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, not really.

While its roots are now firmly 360 based, and it may be lacking all the features that make a PC game so unique, the best and also cheapest version will still be the PC one.

Visually, the PC one will be far superior, will be capable of framerates above 60fps, and will have choice of mouse keyboard, or gamepad controls.

While the game may be a huge disappointment for fans of MW1 MP on the PC, it will still be far superior to any console version, the only reason to get this on the 360 would be if your had online people you normally gamed with.

It would be madness to spend more on a version of a game with worse controls, input lag, inferior lower res visuals, lower framerates, especially if anyone has a decent spec gaming PC.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    How do you know the FPS isnt locked ? there is no console to unlock it.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm assuming it isn't, since nothing has been mentioned that it is has been locked, not something i need anyway as i always game with VSync on, even MP.

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    really ? imo some games cant be played with vsync on. for instance source engine games. i doubt thats a problem with this game though.
    COD has always had a locked FPS to a certain degree, you always needed to enter the command com_maxfps in the console or config.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Get it for PC, better graphics, better controls, = better more fun game.

Do not worry about this whole dedicated server thing, it will still sell shed loads on the PC and other platforms too. There will be more players online then you think. Just look at the hype for this game, it has gotten more hype than Crysis I would say. Plus it has gotten more hype than UT3 did which is why that game is dead online.

EDIT: Plus COD on consoles does not run at 60fps all the time it will dip when things get busy on screen which is why I prefer playing COD4 on PC the lowest my fps dips from my locked 125fps is down to 60fps but this is only when inside a smoke grenade cloud. And thats with 16xSSAA, 16XHQAF.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009