Secret copyright treaty leaks. Quite interesting

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Nov 5, 2009.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    As a democracy I'd hope the majority of the people would stand up against this, isn't it supposed to be all about what the majority want?

2. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    His Nobel Prize should be taken back...

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I had hope Obama would make intelligent choices and good progress even if I don't agree with his ideology. But that hasn’t been the case so far – my sense is he and the Dems are trying to get some payback from the Bush days. In the end it’s going to partially destroy their party. Which is how it works in the US…

I didn’t read everyone’s comments in this thread but I read maybe half and it’s not just this thread, but it seems to me a lot of people want to see the US fail and die. I understand your desires as it’s fun to pick on the big guy. But I can pretty much guaranty that if the US falls so will a lot of other economies and the livelihood of many people’s around the world will suffer greatly. Certainly we aren’t a perfect society and there are plenty of things I’d like to change. But the simple truth is if we go down so will a lot of others.

The other thing to note is that most people on this site seem to be pretty young and have really no experience with US politics. Most of the comments I’ve seen (not just on this thread) consist of very naive statements brought on by misinformation, fear, hate, jealousy, ignorance and simple stupidity.

Basically, we will vote out most of the Dems and the power will shift back towards the Reps. Obama will probably get reelected in three years because he is a rock star, but congress (at least the senate) will be controlled by the Reps so hopefully things will be balanced out again. Meanwhile the Dems are really trying hard to take as much control as possible until that happens. And we will suffer for a while, but the Supreme Court will reject anything that is not constitutional so I am not really too concerned at this time that it’s going to cause a lot of problems in the long term.

Americans will get it eventually and will elect people to change things back the way they should be. If it gets really bad there will be a civil war and we’ll work it out that way. lol

4. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    im pretty young(23) but ive said for years now the US will fall and itll be our own fault..and i said this before the recession ever started...its just history and itll always repeat it self..every great country/power has risen and eventually fell..

the other thing i know is that our gov is a joke..and i cant believe we let them get away with half the **** they do..but really who can we blame..ourselves for being so blind and ignorant..

5. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    qft
    this story seems ridiculous, how can anyone belive its accurate? you know youve failed at being logical when you believe everything you read, and would then would speculate on top of it. fail points awarded to guru3d for posting this. obama doesnt have many cool points right now and people want to see him fail before his term is up, this seems like fuel for the fire to me.
    and those that want to see the us fail ect, you had better rethink your strategy and tally up all the things you take for granted on a daily basis.
    for example, the light bulb, computer, internet, gps, telephone, sewing machine, airplane just to name a couple.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    All this does is prove that Obama and his administration are owned by the corporations. We already knew this, so whatever. It won't pass, don't worry about it.

7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    They? THEY? WE HAVE TO CHANGE IT! As long as we all think "they will have to, they will do, they will help..." it is going to be like this, worse and worse! There is NO THEY! THEY took US and it is time for US to change that! WE have to change it, we have to change THEM! :biggun:

8. Alasander

Alasander Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 680GTX
    Given im in the UK and my understanding of American legislation comes from watching The West Wing, surely this cant becom law.

do not both houses have to agree to ratify the bill when presented before it can be signed by The President, and even if it does get through congress and the Senate, the supreme court would class it as unconstitutional as it surely violates the 1st ammendment and 2nd ammendment.

Trouble is I can see the Idiots we have in power in the UK trying to adopt something similar and we do not have a constitution to hide behind.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

im with that..totaly thru...we are the people.....

10. Xbrain

Xbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6950
    USA epitomises the meaning of "excess".

This is what happens when the green dollar becomes a cult, when freedom is based on rights rather than duties, when people think than happier is the same as wealthier.

If USA people continue that way their cowntry will become a law nightmare.

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Surely you would say the same thing for putting country accounting and money/money issuing into private hands of the unknown owner right? :)

Well, they did exactly that with FED...

don't be at all surprised if this passes. it wouldn't be secret if it was something "legal" and good for people ;) Meetings wouldn't even be held if they thought it can't be done.

watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkCWxv3kUE

PS. We might not have constituion but we all have one thing - REVOLUTION!

History teaches us that! People ARE THE POWER. Feed people too much crap and you get something like, French Revolution for example...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    This unbelievable ...

Good i'm not living in US.

Also , i can easily imagine revolution over internet , yes it is that big!

13. MadHayden

MadHayden Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 570 1.28GB
  14. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I haven't been to a lot of other countries, but even at its worst I wouldn't want to live in any other country in the world. The majority of the people on the US are good people and although government can seem out of control it's really always been this way. It's the way the system work - and so far it's still (arguably) the best system yet.

So all you that say "glad I'm not in the US", all I can say is glad you aren't either :)

15. Mod Enerjen

Mod Enerjen Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800
    Exporting Capitalism

Such moves can encourage competition and creativity but also foster a greater degree of control by the government, which may not be welcome. Third World countries can benefit from tighter protection of intellectual properly, but not necessarily First World countries. Everything will be governed by money in the future. We will see what this move holds.

16. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I just find it so funny that people thought Obama was all about "change". When are people going to learn that Dems and Repubs aren't for the people they are for more POWER to them/Gov't. If you do any research you'd see he's more of a power hungry person and more arrogant than Bush ever thought about being. Obama thinks he knows what's best for you, me and everybody else and he's not shy about it. For people here posting that live in the USA and you really want change then vote for RON PAUL.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sorry for the long post....but it just had to be done...too many people trying to ignore facts..

Obviously you missed where the Bush administration attempted to pull off the same bull****.....everyone should be bowing to the EFF for destroying it back then.

Problem is...nobody in this country can get organized well enough, or long enough to pull it off.

Sadly, the idea of "what the majority wants" fell apart not too long after this country was founded....

The sad thing is, everyone has their own ideas as to the right way to run the country....but nobody wants to work together to fix the flaws in how the country is run. Democrats are democrats, republicans are republicans....and that is all they care about. All that "bi-partisan" bull**** was just that....bull****. Nothing but lies to get elected. This is exactly why I didn't vote in the Bush/Kerry election. As long as the idiots in DC can be paid off by lobbyists and interest groups, the wants/needs of the majority will never matter.....plain and simple fact.....it's all about money...the deeper your pockets, the more your wants/opinions matter.

As long as political parties exist...it will be a joke. As long as lobbyists and special interest groups exist....it will be a joke... Fix those 2 issues, and the government might recover....or hell, just put George Bush back in office for the second term he deserved....and no, I don't mean GW...

This isn't the first time a story like this has been posted....not sure about this site, but THG posted the original story during the Bush Administration.

Ummm...Bush did in fact sign the exact same bill during his second term...the EFF fought it and won. BTW, Bush also gave tax breaks to companies willing to send work overseas.....Bush also took payments from power companies to ignore the clean air act....Bush also helped drive up oil prices to increase his own bank account.

Become??? Where have you been the last 8 years????

Well said...and accurate!!! It does work....just very poorly...

Even Republicans didn't want Ron Paul.....but, you are right, Democrats and Republicans are all about more money/power for themselves. They keep cutting taxes for the rich..and increasing taxes on the middle class and poor....it's no wonder that there's an extremely fine line between "middle class" and poor these days....hell, the poverty line isn't much below the "middle class" designator anymore... Gotta love how Bush increased minimum wage from $5.25/hr to $7.25/hr....what a great way to tell people "We think you deserve more money (so we can further increase your taxes)....but we still don't believe you should make enough money to live on..."

18. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    This is remarkably similar to laws that have been implemented in New Zealand. Basically Sony et.el. for years (and years) have been really pissed at all the piracy of their so called copyright work. The internet naturally has made it a lot easier for piracy to take place. All measure that the corporations have taken to curb piracy have failed. So over the last few years they have set their sights on the companies that provide internet to pirates.

The goal is two-fold

a) Make ISP’s legally liable for copyright breach on there network by getting the governments to change the copyright law and thereby enforcing ISP to disconnect pirates.​
    b) Allow Companies to legally install software without permission (through what ever method they choose) to scan and detect what ever they like on a computer in order to ‘protect’ their copyright.​

I am not joking, This has already been partially implemented in New Zealand and get the feeling that it is the testing ground for the legislation changes that they want to make throughout the world. And don’t for a minute think that the EU is immune.

19. crazyboy81

crazyboy81 Member Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7870 GHZ
    why would you say such a stupid thing?
    the USA is the ONLY country ever to nuke another country, and seeing the results of that I don't believe anyone would even attempt it, especially considering how much more powerful today's nukes are (old and stockpiled or not). AND good luck sending a missile in our direction, it'll be blown out of the sky with a simultaneous launch to the source of the offense.

20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Let them try here. There will be revolution about internet one day.
    People are the power, crash the internet and people would crash government .
    Happend before, many times, and yes internet is a good reason for revolution