about Modern Warfare 2 PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElementalDragon, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yeah..... and how often do people get 25 kill streaks? The only time i've ever even seen it in World at War as far as i'm aware is when people camp in tanks. lol

Fisho: i'm not complaining about getting higher kill counts. by all means, do so. But using a tank isn't the way to do it and have it really mean anything. Yes... i know.... TDM.... kill counts = win.... but in that regard kill counts don't reflect skill. Just like how i said i, as well as just about everyone in the HL2DM clan i'm in, pretty much refuse to use the RPG... and we don't run any maps that have it. They take no skill to use.... so the act of using it constantly kinda shows how pathetic the player is in having to rely on the easiest weapon in the game. Same with the tanks. That's why i hate when people use the term "noob". Half the people that say such stupid crap are the ones who camp and snipe every minute of the game with betties on either side of them, or make a mad dash for any tank, or camp in a corner with an SMG and a betty at their feet. Like i've said before... i believe even in the ACH server.... Running around and shooting people is more fun than camping. If you want that good old point-n-click functionality... stick to the windows desktop.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Once you find one thing bad, you will obviously begin to build more hateful things towards the game. Like I said before, I'll buy it for PC and probably PS3 just for my friends. Enjoy the game my friend, you will get hours of 'enjoyment' out of it. it's only 60.00. lol.

3. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Can anyone tell me what is this thread about ? :confused:

4. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Thank you, lets just play for fun. And not stats. cause people like my army friends come over and just wanna play around. I like just hitting GO! not searching for a specific server with no passwords and what not. Jesus christ either play or dont play.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Ok, I'm not in a clan but I have gamed with the same one for 5 years, we played DCX, that server went down 5 months ago (there's only been one in recent years), so we've not gamed properly together since, as they've split onto different games, we were looking forward to CoD-MW2 to all play again, but no dedicated servers killed it, so we're thinking about BF: Bad Company 2 now.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... it's based off of Steam....... if you talk to said friends on Steam.... or at least can get each other's Steam friends ID.... you'll still be able to play together, it just won't be in a self-created server.

itsb1again.... i have no idea what kind of point you were trying to get across.....

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I honestly dont know. its these type of weapons which drive me far away from the game. the helicopter was extremely annoying in cod4, one of the reasons why i hate the multiplayer part.

wont the host obviously have a better ping, thus advantage in all of this ?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What? Are you barking mad? PB is dredful! I would rather take a brick and smash it against my head than play on a game with PB. I opt never to install that piece of crap ever again. Everytime I enter a game in COD4 that uses PB my frame rate will get random spikes for the first minute or two of gameplay and I hate having to wait for it to sort it self out. Even with the latest PB updates it still does the same thing. There are much better options out there than this. I play on a clan server that is monitored by an out sourced anti-cheat system that works much better than PB. I for one am so glad to see them use VAC, it worked in CSS, TF2, DOD, L4D and many other games and did not hinder connection, fps, or hog the system down.

I for one hope no game ever uses PB ever again, or they get their act together and get it fixed.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    On my old profile on COD4 on PC my highest kill streak was 70. And no I did not camp at all. I used the AK47(silencer), UAV Jammer, and Steady Aim. I'm uber pwnage! :p

PS/ I hate tanks too, but you have to admit getting in them from time to time just for a laugh is funny as hell. But it soon gets boring after you get dogs straight away.

10. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Well the newest low blow from IW is their limit they set on the PC multi player count. Only 18 (9v9) player games will be allowed. Gees these guys must think they are the only game devs out there and that we have no choice what so ever but to play their game. I for one won't buy MW2 until i see dedicated servers and at least 24 player games.

11. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Are there any other P2P FPS games around? And if so do they work? I wouldn't know.

But regards to MW2, to me it smells of failure. Without a server, lag is gonna be huge and they'll probably lower the numbers in a game to something like 8 vs 8, which in turn will mean smaller maps. What happens when people disconnect mid game? Or connect mid game? There's no server to handle all this information and the bandwidth needed will come from the players. Without mods it's going to become like halo where you have to play with 12 year olds and people who piss around in game with no chance of kicking them. COD4 worked. It was a great recipe and became hugley popular. It had it's flaws which were spread around forums, so why didn't IW just fix those couple of things and leave the rest? It's like they couldn't be arsed to make a proper PC multiplayer platform and just ported the console version.

edit: Just read your post.
    Well there you go. IW can kiss my ass until they make a proper PC multiplayer experience instead of a cheap console port.

12. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    transcript from a recent chat with IW employees http://jalba.se/headz/files/text/bestbuymw2log.php

Max players in PC MP is 9v9.
    Lean has also been removed.
    In house testing of IW.net gets pings/latency of 100ms - expect this to be much worse in the real world.
    No way to kick players in ranked games.
    All clan/group organisation and play is to be done through your friends list.

"No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings."

sounds awesome!

13. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    tbh ive lost all interest in this game, and everybody should boycot it.
    Would you give a burglar your wallet and car keys to get away with?
    Would you let a rapist fcuk you wife and daughters while you watch?
    Of cause not so why give them your hard earned money while they are blantanly screwing us over! and we all know they are.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

LOL nice way to compare things ! :D

15. snapster

snapster Active Member

GPU:
    ATI XFX 5870
    PC version if i can even call it that will not have lean,no console,no record so this is biggest fail in the gaming history.

16. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    I wasn't planning on picking this one up in the first place but no lean is downright insulting. Can we all agree just to go back to SOFII and be done with this?

17. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/general/thread.php/2807787

I lol'd so hard at this part:

18. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
  19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    lol this is just hillarious. Anyone who claims that these changes are not so bad should just give up playing PC FPS online since you have no concept of what real PC players want.

So we still get graphics settings?? Wow.. so I can control more than the brightness??? Golly gee.. thanks IW. What an utter waste of man hours and money developing this drivle.

20. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    I have this game on hold and I'm looking forward to it but I think I'll spend some time with Dragon Age and wait a few weeks to see how COD:MW2 is going before I buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.