about Modern Warfare 2 PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElementalDragon, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    You know.... as much as i feel i may get flamed for it.... i just have to say it... because people in the World at War server i was just playing in kinda got me irritated on the issue.

For one... saying that i should "get myself into a tank" because i said i don't use them. I don't refuse to use them cause i suck at them. i refuse to use them because they aren't Call of Duty. nowhere in the history of an Infinity Ward-developed CoD game have there been vehicles. They also don't really serve any purpose but to be a kill count booster... which i could care less about... i play for fun, not to "pwn noobs". wish idiot speak like that would also die.... the "noobs" are the ones that have to lower themselves to the standards of one who has to say that.

Second... saying they "absolutely refuse" to pay $60 for a piece of crap game... just because it lacks dedicated servers. Yes, it makes the idea of having a "favorite server" nonexistent. Yes, it basically makes clans non-existent in a way. But if you ask me... it's not a game-breaker. I'm sure the matchmaking system will work fine... and the single player will probably rock... since you'll be able to use attachments and such like in multiplayer... use explosive charges to blow open once locked doors and make your own path through town.... have some awesome co-op missions with someone on foot, and someone else in the AC130 or whatever it is that flies in the sky with the three different gun types. Plus, my favorite thing..... NO VEHICLES.

Would i like to have seen dedicated servers? yes. Did i sign that petition saying to add dedicated servers? yes. Am i still buying the game? yes. i want to see dedicated servers... since a) i like having a "favorite server", and b) it'll suck to possibly see a server issue turn into the bulk of multiplayer not functioning.... but it's not something that would make me think about not ever buying a game like this.

Some people say that this will allow them to release map packs and charge for them. yes... that's a possibility, but there hasn't been any mention of anything like that. And with the massive outcry from not having dedicated servers, as well as the $10 price hike to console-prices...... i think they'd probably want to think twice about releasing a map pack for PC that people probably wouldn't be tempted to buy unless it's utterly dirt cheap.

On a bit of a ranting note.... i also can't stand idiots that not only resort to camping.... but also do what i have now dubbed as CwI... Camping with Insurance. i.e. camping just around a corner in a narrow hallway with a betty at their feet. Making sure they can see anyone down one direction, and should someone come from the other direction, he may die, but he's taking his killer with him.

Yes.... i know there are other MW2 threads.... but i just kinda wanted to put that out there.... and maybe see if anyone else agrees and is going the same route as me. If a mod or someone wants to merge this with one of the other threads and delete this last paragraph... that's fine too.... just wanted to get this out there.

2. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    No dedicated servers, matchmaking P2P, no favorites, no server browser, no mods are deal breakers for me.

I don't like that VAC is being used instead of PB, I don't like that steams being used, but not deal breakers.

Also from all the leaked content thats been coming out from the 360 crowd. It looks way arcadish, and kiddy like. I'm not sure I even want to play it anymore, regardless of the other things.

3. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    not sure what video's you've seen. I haven't seen anything that looked arcadish and kiddy. Not to mention that i just looked at a video that shows all the weapons and perks and such.... i'm quite fond of the fact that Martyrdom is no longer a perk, and has been assigned specifically to the DeathStreak section. Also nice to see rocket launchers as an alternate weapon set... although that will mean that there'll probably be more tubers than usual. Seems like on the gameplay side of things, they made a couple of nice changes for the better in terms of things that always pissed people off.

And.... you can't really say that they're "deal breakerS".... since pretty much everything you said breaks down to lack of dedicated servers. It'll still have the option to choose which gametype you want to join and such... but it's unlikely to have any sort of server browser or anything like that. And the mods thing always confused me. 9 times out of 10, the only mods i really ever saw were to instantly bump you up to max level with every weapon, every perk, and every weapon attachment. Rarely ever saw anything useful in World at War.... and i don't think i've ever seen a custom map or anything in world at war either, though i don't really dig around too much. Let's just say i don't think it's anything that i'll seriously miss, although the idea of not having a favorite server is the only irritating thing to me.

And.... why don't you like the fact that Steam is being used in lieu of PB? I'd PREFER Steam over PunkBuster. For one... i feel Valve works on VAC more often than PunkBuster does. Two, i don't have to constantly look for updates to games.... seeing as they're all handled right through Steam, and automatically download whenever the game is run. Three, Steam Community... will be nice to talk to friends playing the game, or join servers with people i've played against before and enjoyed playing against that have been added to my friends list. Four, no CD requirements or no-cd cracks required for single-player use. I feel i'm forgetting something.... but those are the first things that come to mind.

Oh... and with that video i watched with the weapons and perks and such.... freakin sweet to see the AA12 as a usable shotgun. was praying that gun would make it into the game... AND IT DID!

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I don't think you should be so quick to beleive that its only dedicated servers.
    MW2 really doesn't look all that much different than MW, from the early gameplay vids. Its not like its new graphically like MW was when it was released. MW was a refresher and there hadn't been a COD out before it for a while, whereas this is just the next one in line. When you add this to the already long list of backward changes.. no dedi servers, p2p matchmaking, inability to jump into and out of games already in progress, pretty much death to mods and new maps and custom content and THEN you add onto this insult the extra $10 it costs, that is where you start really busting peoples balls.. can you honestly blame people for being upset? Who pays more money for less game?? cuz that is what PC enthusiasts are getting.. less game for more money = ftl.

In a couple month Activision and Infinity Ward will wish PC players had this mentality. Unfortunately for them, the majority do not. Knowing what kind of a scam they are trying to pull here I would rather throw my pc into a burning dumpster than give them my $60.

Kinda like how there wasn't any mention of all this IWnet BS until weeks before release? The reason why the whole DLC issue has been such a topic of discussion is because of just how probable it is. It may sound and be regarded as speculation now, but hey.. if they could keep PC gamers, the players who have supported this franchise, in the dark about all this stuff, why would they do any differently with their plans down the road?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

5. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I am not gonna buy it for the $10 hike it should be $50 like every other new pc game. And let's not forget about the no dedicated servers. Anyway I am so torrenting this one.

About camping....... It's player's choice how he/she wants to play.

6. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    No vehicles in the Call of duty franchise? But I drove a Russian T32 in the first game! And an English one in the second game (I don't remember the name). Are you including single-player too or are you only speaking about multiplayer?

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i think the nuke weapon will be even more annoying then the air strikes. IMO i hate this crap!

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^^lol

Tbh ive lost interest in MW2 not really because of the no dedicated servers or mods( which did really annoy me ) but because Activisions attitude, charging more for the game because they can( thats fair enough, but im not supporting that strategy for particular game franchises as all the publishers will jump on board if the strategy works ), and their attitude that PC gamers can go and lump it and accept what the console heads get( because they've decided its really what we want but we just dont know yet lol ).

Their whole arrogance is what does it for me, ill play the game, borrowed from a mate or bought second hand, wouldnt give those tossers a cent though, and that goes for future Activision titles too :), doesnt look like ill be missing much for the moment lol( ill miss starcraft but ill live with it )

Q3

Guitar Hero 5 (PS3)
    Guitar Hero 5 (360)
    Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
    Guitar Hero 5 (PS2)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (Wii)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS2)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (PSP)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (NDS)
    Wolfenstein (PS3)
    Wolfenstein (360)
    Wolfenstein (PC)

Q4

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (PS3)
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers (360)
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Wii)
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers (PS2)
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers (NDS)
    Band Hero (PS3)
    Band Hero (360)
    Band Hero (Wii)
    Band Hero (PS2)
    Band Hero (DS)
    Modern Warfare (Wii)
    Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
    Modern Warfare 2 (360)
    Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
    Modern Warfare Mobilized (DS)
    DJ Hero (PS3)
    DJ Hero (360)
    DJ Hero (Wii)
    DJ Hero (PS2)
    Guitar Hero Van Halen (PS3)
    Guitar Hero Van Halen (360)
    Guitar Hero Van Halen (Wii)
    Guitar Hero Van Halen (PS2)
    Tony Hawk: RIDE (PS3)
    Tony Hawk: RIDE (360)
    Tony Hawk: RIDE (Wii)

10. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I haven't baught an activision title in absolute years.

I torrented MW, didnt play it for long and uninstalled, same with WaW, probably will be the same with this one. Get it for the sake of testing but they never really interest me enough to buy.. surely if a game does then i will buy it... but i havent bought a COD since COD2. COD1 was probably the best one.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  12. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Hey Dragon, you were in the Cat House TDM server right?

<~[ACH]_Badonkadonk

I pwnt you noob :biggun:

Seriously though, I don't understand why you'd play a game when you have so many complaints against it. That's all you did last night. Honestly I'd rather play someone rockin the tube than a whinebot. Just my humble opinion.

PS - Why would you play TDM then complain that all anyone cares about is kill count....THAT'S THE POINT OF THE GAME!:bang:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    had a feeling someone would show up.

not really complaining about the game... just can't see how people find such stupid play styles to be remotely fun. "Hey, let's camp in that corner over there"..... "Haha, "I pwnt you noob""..... *BLARGH*.... "oh... it was him again coming back to kill me". See the logic behind that one? Sniping is fine if you ask me.... set up shop somewhere... kill one or two people you happen to see if the kills are quite close to each other, then move on. Don't have your own little space for someone to come immediately back to and kill you before you can even think about it. It's people who get too anal about their kill count that get irritated by the stupidest thing. Kinda like that guy in the server last night trying to say that bunny hopping isn't hopping.... and then he started telling people to stop jumping because he needed something to complain about. That's just being an idiot. At least when i talk about how people are playing, i try to offer a little constructive criticism. It's much more fun to be on foot than in a tank.... just like how in HL2DM i never use the RPG. I could... but i don't, because it's not a fun weapon to use.... fire now, aim later. I tend to use the stunstick in HL2DM, and do quite well with it. And i experience the same thing in there that i seem to see all the time in World at War. I stunstick someone who think's he's too good to be killed by a melee weapon, and either get called a hacker/aimbotter (which i dunno how an aimbot would even remotely be helpful for a melee weapon) and then the guy leaves shortly after.... or the person just leaves. It's basically my test of whether or not someone is worth playing against. It's my own little game.... "See how long it takes to chase them off".

And.... you think the idea of everyone caring only about kill count is only in TDM? any gametype you enter in world at war (or just about any game for that matter).... it's all about kill count... and the first thing anyone wants to use is the tank. Like i said... i just don't see how anyone can spend half a match camping in a tank.... generally in a manner at which they're almost impossible to see until they're able to easily see, and in one shot, kill you. Pretty much the only time i ever use the tank is riding shotgun in the machine gun turret..... because you can still quite easily die up there... hence why i don't even do THAT very often.

Scooby: Well... i've seen plenty of people say that they would still buy it at $60 if it wasn't for the fact that there aren't dedicated servers.... so i'm pretty sure that for the majority of the people.... it's mostly the dedicated server issue that's deterring them from buying it.

WhiteLightning: No idea what nuke weapon you're talking about. I'd be kind of ridiculous to have a nuke in a game with small maps.... especially when you can KILL YOURSELF TOO. Not to mention if it still follows the typical Call of Duty explosives tradition of "if you can't see it, it can't hurt you".... it'd be one of the most useless nuke's ever.

Kinda had a feeling i shouldn't have even posted this. If a mod wants to close it, i don't care at this point.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yes, yes it is...

15. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I might actually buy this game it looks stellar.. I don't mind the matchmaking makes it easier for me to just let it do everythng for me lulz..

I think the thing about it is the PC community is more hardcore in the sense that theres not many games being released and the few that can actually keep a huge dedicaed fan base call of duty in this case not having the pc norm dedicated servers mods etc.. it's like a big slap in the face..

It really kills what pc gaming is about but it's starting to seem like developers just don't care anymore lulz they know the games going to be pirated like crazy anyway so why cater to them anymore type of attitude..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

16. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Imo the multiplayer should have more points than that. No, not flag capturing ala BF, but something more creative objectives.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    am a sucker for all the cods but will hold off buying this on the ps3 or the pc as I do like the odd mp action and will wait to see how both versions pan out. i do like aa but tbh gameplay and fun interest me more.

cod4 was great on the ps3 and had a laugh with the golden guns etc..

cant we create a guru server big enough? then we can avoid the camping issues etc.

18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I agree with you actually, but the OP and I just happened to be in my clan server at the same time last night, which is a TDM server, and he had the same complaint about kill counts. It doesn't make sense when you join a TDM server and complain about people trying to get higher kill counts, unless I'm missing something.

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well... TDM is closests to capturing objectives, search and destroy isn't fun because you can't respawn :\

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well here you go. seems the video got removed though LOL
    http://www.destructoid.com/modern-warfare-2-s-25-kill-streak-reward-is-apocariffic-153737.phtml

edit-movie is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3wwZ5iYJTc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.